PDA

View Full Version : CAE buys Oxford Aviation Academy

No RYR for me
14th May 2012, 07:09
From two different sources I have learned that CAE has bought OAA! This is no surprise as the OAA shareholders (an investment company) had indicated last year already that they wanted to sell the company and made it ready for sale. (in other words stopped investing to boost the balance sheet). Interesting to see that CAE elects to pay a lot again to buy a competitor while their own operatiopn is still undefined and having quality issues... Is a bit like buying yourselves out of a hole :8

The most interesting questions:
-Will they invest in up to date equipement and facilities in Oxford
-What will happen to the Oxford brand or will it become a global academy

Lower Hangar
14th May 2012, 08:49
Very familiar with OAA Gatwick (used to be GECAT) -as I recall its got a lot of Thales devices in its training cells - and a lot of them go back to my time at Thales Training and Simulation ie quite old

CAE have a very fine and very modern training centre just down the road from my house (if I lean over the garden wall I can almost see it) so now they have an older training centre in Gatwick. Competing with Alteon Gatwick offering training.

peterc005
16th May 2012, 03:55
Any update on this?

No RYR for me
16th May 2012, 09:54
I understood that they will make an announcement today..

OneWorld22
16th May 2012, 14:55
Done deal, C$314 Million.

Lower Hangar
16th May 2012, 16:28
Drove past Gatwick Centre today - still got Oxford Aviation Training on the side of the building

flying.monkeyz
17th May 2012, 00:28
Wonder if that changes anything to OAA's plan in Singapore...

No RYR for me
18th May 2012, 08:08
Anybody knows what the plans are? Specially name wise?

No RYR for me
22nd May 2012, 10:35
Name change is in line with what a lot of people expected since the CAE reputation was not very good.... But than again: you can stick a Volvo logo on a Lada... and it is still a Lada :sad:

But now we have the worlds biggest sausage factory: 1.500 students per annum!!!