PDA

View Full Version : England - Carlsberg advert

pzu
13th May 2012, 21:14
I'll take the FLAK!!!

Carlsberg's England Euro 2012 Advert (http://thirdkit.com/2012/05/11/carlsbergs-england-euro-2012-advert/)

PZU - Out of Africa (Retired)

Sprogget
13th May 2012, 21:21
Blimey they're all in it aren't they?

True story - a friend of mine had vip tix for Brighton in the old days when they played at Withdean. I didn't fancy it as I knew the vip was a pair of portacabins, so Dave the book from the pub went instead.

Dave being partial to a drop got stuck in to the complimentary shampoo & well oiled, spied Des Lynam across the room. He marched up & said, and I quote: "You're Des Lynam. Do you take loads of cocaine like Frank Bough?"

ZOOKER
13th May 2012, 21:32
So,
We can't cure life-threatening diseases.
We've got mega-unemployment.
3000 people die every year on the roads.
300,000 people die every year dut to smoking.
Half of the country is flooded, the other half is, (allegedly), in the grip of a drought.
The roads are so clogged up with folk making pointless journeys, we are going mad introducing "Managed Motorways".
We are holding a 'big sports day' that we cannot afford.
Our T.V. is by and large, sh1te, and our 'music business' has totally lost the picture.

Yet we can produce garbage like this.

Sprogget
13th May 2012, 21:38
Yet we can produce garbage like this. I agree Zooker. Your post is prejudicial, fallacious & petty in the extreme. Go back & do it again.

bnt
13th May 2012, 21:39
I wonder why they used the theme from the film Police Academy at the end there? Weird.

uffington sb
13th May 2012, 22:16
Bnt.
You weren't watching. They used the theme from Police Academy from the start as it is meant to be the Fans Academy.:ok:

Lon More
13th May 2012, 22:27
Undoubtedly going out in the first round :p Football"s Coming Home might have been better

Sprogget
13th May 2012, 22:32
Spoken like a typical not-qualified-yet-again-for-a-change Scot. :E

racedo
13th May 2012, 22:33
Wasn't there any English presenters available to do it as Des Lynam is Irish......:ugh:

Sprogget
13th May 2012, 23:01
Yes, but he's lived in England since he was six & now he's seventy, so sixty three out of seventy years here. It's like saying Steven Hawking is made of metal. As pettifogging as you could get. Begone feeble point scorer.

racedo
13th May 2012, 23:04
Yes, but he's lived in England since he was six & now he's seventy,

In which case he may make a claim to be British but definitely not English.......

Same applies to Mr Wogan...............

Sprogget
13th May 2012, 23:06
My god it's ever decreasing circles when you get involved.:suspect: It's a beer advert. Repeat a beer advert.

Windy Militant
13th May 2012, 23:11
My god it's ever decreasing circles when you get involved. It's a beer advert. Repeat a beer advert.
Not it's not it's for some fizzy foreign P:mad:s! :yuk:
No where did I put my pint of Spitfire.;)

lomapaseo
14th May 2012, 01:12
I agree Zooker. Your post is prejudicial, fallacious & petty in the extreme

those are the features that make up a JetBlast thread

However no animals were injured so eveything is hunky-dory :)

sisemen
14th May 2012, 01:46
RAF sergeant and a corporal appear at 0.43 - WTF???

Krystal n chips
14th May 2012, 06:54
You have to congratulate Carlsberg for producing the definitive observation of the target market.....please note, I have refrained from commenting about said target market as being as thick as pig manure and twice as dense...as this may offend.....:E

In any event, Ingullund will inevariably get kicked out early...no point in making any effort when you get paid an obscene amount simply for turning up....the positive side being the early exit will allow a Mr Terry to concentrate on his forthcoming court case.....a minor hiccup of course.

The perfect advert.... for the intended market !.....

Sprogget
14th May 2012, 07:22
Actually Krystal, you like nothing better than to look down your nose at those you perceive to be less worthy than you, which actually Krystal is just about everyone.

And actually Krystal, I think if you put a modicum of effort into finding out, you would know that the England squad donate their match fees to charity and have done since 2007.

And being a northerner, with a keen interest in the news Krystal, I would have expected you to have been well aware that when Bolton favourite Fabrice Muamba collapsed at White Hart Lane, his life was saved in part due to the efforts of a member of the crowd - a distinguished consultant cardiologist Andrew Deaner, so exactly who is this target market?

Funny how someone who rails against blind prejudice when it comes to left wing politics is perfectly happy to indulge in the same when it comes to the national sport.

Victor Inox
14th May 2012, 08:14
Yet we can produce garbage like this.

You refer to the code or just the team?

Tankertrashnav
14th May 2012, 08:15
Well I couldn't give a flying proverbial for football, never drink lager, but I thought the ad was brilliant :ok:

ArthurR
14th May 2012, 10:41
TTN,:ok: have to agree, If you have to have adverts, at least make them entertaining. The old Carling Black label one's where better than the programs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVSBtivbUs4

one of my favourites.

IainB
14th May 2012, 10:53
Isn't Carlsberg Danish?

:bored:

Alloa Akbar
14th May 2012, 10:57
K&C - Not worth the comment, I have said what I think of your drivel on the Clarkson thread.. although i did miss out the phrases including "pompous" and "mood hoover"..

laying the inaccuracies aside and speaking as a Scot, there's nothing wrong with whipping up a bit of support, leading to a fantastic atmosphere in pubs and venues up and down the land, making for an exciting time for fans up and down the country.. right up to the point of spectacular failure on the part of the over-paid prima-donnas.. :E

Ah well, it's the way we Brits do it, long live the memory of Ally "I can't believe we lost to Peru" McLeod :ok:

charliegolf
14th May 2012, 12:00
RAF sergeant and a corporal appear at 0.43 - WTF???

Last time Ingerland beat the Jerries p'raps?

(and yes, I know, RAF not only English etc etc. It's only an ad.)

CG

Ancient Observer
14th May 2012, 12:37
Sproggs,
How are your German language skills coming along? Munich uber alles?

Sprogget
14th May 2012, 12:39
We are all German now AO.

Although, don't be inappropriately mean, one point in it over 38 games is not exactly resounding in the tonking stakes. Trajectory however is a different matter...

Ancient Observer
14th May 2012, 12:41
At least we didn't need to bribe the chef this year.

I see K & C has been displaying the expected intellectual skills..............

Krystal n chips
14th May 2012, 18:03
I note the articulate and measured responses......albeit not on this thread...

Anyway, Sproggy, as you mentioned the Bolton footballer who collapsed, what followed was some marvellous mass manipulation which is the bit I find disturbing.

The players leaving the field due to "trauma" was bad enough...not a nice sight I agree seeing a team member collapsed, but frankly not a reason to depart from a game either. The subsequent coverage was saturation at it's best...and all because he was a footballer...as was the so called "caring face" of the "beautiful game"... a PR gift in fact.

Which leads to to the bits you missed out in your condemnation of my capacity not to conform to the masses..a terrible and life long situation I am pleased to say....let start with er, the little spat between Liverpool and Man Utd....and the rather unpleasant revelations about..racism.

Then came Rangers whose dealings over the years would make the waters of the Clyde in Glasgow look pristine ( I will be passing througg Glasgow Central on Thurs..so I will have a look at the Clyde, just to make sure) and a few recent court cases involving those some clearly revere.

Stafford station about 4 weeks ago...on the Northbound platform...a group of Tamworth "supporters"...Cross of St George, booze flowing, smoking...this at about 09.00 by the way....there were normal people and families also on the platform...and you had to feel sorry for the train crew as well.

AA thank you for your kind thoughts....now, about the rise in domestic and street violence associated with the drunken "fervour" of fans due to the whipping up as you put it......

Just one final question though...will we be meeting at the reunion in Germany in September Sproggy?

Sprogget
14th May 2012, 18:41
Anyway, Sproggy, as you mentioned the Bolton footballer who collapsed, what followed was some marvellous mass manipulation which is the bit I find disturbing.

The players leaving the field due to "trauma" was bad enough...not a nice sight I agree seeing a team member collapsed, but frankly not a reason to depart from a game either. The subsequent coverage was saturation at it's best...and all because he was a footballer...as was the so called "caring face" of the "beautiful game"... a PR gift in fact.

Wow, even for a misanthrope of your stature, this is a new low. It may have escaped your notice, but Fabrice Muamba collapsed and died at work. I am astounded beyond comprehension that you consider it just fine to sweep up the body and carry on as if nothing had happened. Of course no one would be upset by that, why would they?

Well done Krystal, I'm not shy of trading arguments on the internet, but this? this is beyond horrible. It's the ignore list for you.

ShyTorque
14th May 2012, 18:52
Carlsberg, as English as Danish bacon. :)

racedo
14th May 2012, 19:27
Carlsberg, as English as Danish bacon.

I miss the old days when Green Flag Breakdown truck was on Engerland jersey..............given the way they played somedays twas a wonder it wasn't white !!!!

Krystal n chips
14th May 2012, 20:15
Sproggy....you missed out, as ever, responding to the issues I raised.....however, as you will see, the footballer in question did not die...

How did Fabrice Muamba 'die' for 80 minutes? - Channel 4 News (http://www.channel4.com/news/how-did-fabrice-muamba-die-for-80-minutes)

hellsbrink
14th May 2012, 20:22
An opinion masquerading as fact, K&C?

Mind you, it depends on what you count as "death". His heart wasn't pumping, or wasn't pumping efficiently, and had to be kept going artificially. That's "dead" in many people's books, since, without that artificial help, and some luck, he was.

rab-k
14th May 2012, 21:08
http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd437/Rab-k/WTF.jpg

WTF?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit - seems someone exhumed "World Cup Willie (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_World_Cup_mascot)" -

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/65/1966_worldcupwillie.png

should still be turned out wearing the correct attire IMHO...

This...http://www.abflags.com/_flags/flags-of-the-world/England%20flag/England%20flag-L-anim.gif as opposed to...http://www.abflags.com/_flags/flags-of-the-world/United%20Kingdom%20flag/United%20Kingdom%20flag-L-anim.gif

Alloa Akbar
15th May 2012, 08:45
AA thank you for your kind thoughts....now, about the rise in domestic and street violence associated with the drunken "fervour" of fans due to the whipping up as you put it......

Really? Where? Oh you may be referring to the Old Firm and the unsubstantiated claims of Strathclyde Police..?

Let me know the colour of the Clyde as you pass "througg" Glasgow ;)

I think I am safe in saying that street violence is not in itself a sole result of football, anyone who thinks otherwise is clearly a fool. I would also defend the England fans, whom for a number of years have on the whole managed to behave themselves and leave the moronic behaviour of the 80's behind. I have enjoyed watching England and enjoyed great banter up and down the country with England fans and never once felt threatened.

Glasgow Rangers finances.. Irrelevant, but as you mentioned it.. my brother was out at the weekend with a friend of his, pro footballer, played for Rangers and two very well known English clubs, and was happy to admit that he did in fact have two contracts at Rangers, one for tax purposes, the other a "sweetener" where large sums of money were paid via an EBT.. he also said he had the same set up at every other club he has played for.. I mean come on, you don't seriously think that Wayne Rooney pays 50% tax on his 250 grand a week salary do you?? :rolleyes:

HMRC have said repeatedly that this is a test case, IF they nail Rangers to the wall, then I rather suspect that most of England and Scotland's top flight will be shaking in their expensive boots as they are ALL guilty of the same thing.

IainB
15th May 2012, 09:53
K & C.

I was at the game when Muamba collapsed, and there wasn't a person in the ground who thought it appropriate to continue with the game.

As far as we were concerned, we'd seen a bloke in his prime die before our eyes whilst just running about.

The cheers later on in the Bricklayers when the news came through his heart was beating again were genuine and from both sets of supporters in that establishment. We were also at Bolton the other week when Fabrice was introduced to the fans and there wasn't a single person in the ground who didn't wish him well.

Second time I've seen a sportsman die in front of me. Fabrice made it, Paul Warwick didn't.

Alloa Akbar
15th May 2012, 10:25
Using Muamba as a vehicle to attract interest to your post is dispicable in the first instance. To then debate the true medical extent of his situation however, as you will see, the footballer in question did not die...

with the benefit of hindsight, and again for your own gratification is truly vile.

:=

tony draper
15th May 2012, 10:43
Mind you the Muamba situation turned out to be a great disapointment to the Grief Industry in the UK, they were looking forward to record sales in teddy bears bouquetes and sympathy cards.
:rolleyes:

Lon More
15th May 2012, 11:40
Spoken like a typical not-qualified-yet-again-for-a-change Scot.
DILLIGAF?

I much prefer fishing; only minnows to be caught here though.