PDA

View Full Version : Not good. read-iyimgcom Virus? FOUND IT!!!

Loose rivets
12th May 2012, 20:35
Maybe I've found it. I turned off the new toy, but didn't turn off Adblock Plus. I called AT&T /Yahoo and they eventually became very interested, especially as the problem is mentioned on their own site. (maybe run by someone else, but they approve of it.) Anyway, while we were talking, I suddenly remembered I can't get my Adblock button to show, and went to the menu to turn it off. The darn filter started to work again!!!!!!!!

You can see, the guy on this forum had lost his mail almost all together. Could it be the same problem? I'll venture into the forums carefully as I felt a bit egg-on-face, but will not count my chickens until I know the conflict is solid.

THIS IS HOW IT WAS POSTED:

I can sort my Yahoo mail on one computer, but not the other. They symptoms are described by this chap - so known about.

Read I.yimg.com - Geeks to Go Forums (http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/topic/248497-read-iyimgcom/)

I seem to be getting mail, but can't filter the search of senders. Just a blank screen with that message at bottom left.

I'm using W7 Pro with FF. I turned off Do not track Plus as that is the only difference with the installs. No immediate difference, but DNTP seems to turn itself on again on each screen called. Good program, but I'm getting an uncomfortable feeling it has a mind of its own.

Maybe a red herring and nothing to do with that.

Milo Minderbinder
12th May 2012, 22:20
Rivets

you're on the wrong track
see Virus?? Yahoo redirect to l.yimg.com (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic252643.html)

If you're having problems the cause it elsewhere
Whats actually happening?

Loose rivets
12th May 2012, 23:27
Dashing now, but as in the change of title post:

At the moment I turned off Adblocker, the problem went away. Not put to a proper test yet, but it does tally with your link.

I spoke to a high level of tech support at the Mail provider, and astonishingly she was unaware of it, despite some posts going back years!

She said they would work on it at the highest levels, so maybe I've done some good, or maybe she'll go to lunch and forget it.:hmm:

The first level of 'support' said it was with their servers, but I'd already told him another computer was sorting normally. It was about then he bumped me up the the brains department. ;)

ExSp33db1rd
13th May 2012, 00:48
It was about then he bumped me up the the brains department.

Nice when that actually happens, but why do we always have to enter through the basement first, by the time one gets to the Brains floor one is getting somewhat irritated and not always as diplomatic - i.e. grovelling - as one should be !!