View Full Version : Orient Thai

SRS
12th May 2012, 19:39
Word is out that Orient Thai are looking for 744 crews for their Hajj operation.

captjns
14th May 2012, 04:32
Bottom feeder operation. They've been a bottom feeder for at least 8 and periodicaly there after, when they invited me to fly for them...

They expected the pilots to bear the expense to get to Thailand, hotel accomodations whilst awaiting the approval from their DGCA, and Home Office for the work visas too.

Everytime through Bangkok, I would see their jets on east ramp collecting dirt.

Who knows... that`s been over the last 8 years. Maybe they have improved their terms and conditions.:rolleyes:

No longer ATC
16th May 2012, 13:01
Try googling "Investigate Udom".,.....:eek::eek:

SRS
17th May 2012, 07:51
For what it's worth I did the Hajj with them last year. Because they are so disorganized I got a 2 month vacation in Thailand on full pay. As far as Hajj flying goes no real problems. I posted this thread for information only as I am only a part time line pilot with no ties to management.

IGS13
17th May 2012, 17:48
Did everyone finally get all their pay for last year?

hajjpilot
23rd May 2012, 22:41
Orient Thai think they are going to get Hajj crews by paying Captains 500 USD/month less and F/Os 2500 USD/month less than last year ! (Climb to 350) They are dreaming. They still have not fixed last years aircraft defects and they have not paid the crews what they owe them. The organization last year was non existent. There was a useless psycho office girl "running" the show. It was only the goodwill of the crews that kept the operation going. The owner made millions from the Hajj and bought himself a new Bentley but he still wants to financially screw the people that work for him. Crew have to be desperate to work there, especially as there are lots of other B744 jobs.

Danti
24th May 2012, 11:35
Totally agree with the above post. I am one of the many pilots still owed money from Orient Thai, probably 80% of last years pilots are owed money. Word is that Captains are on 15,000 US$ per month and F/Os 12,000 per month, Climb 350 quotes 11,500 and 8,500 respectively so be advised. That is of course supposing that they will pay you correctly, which is highly doubtful. Minimal aircraft servicing, if it costs money it probably wont get fixed. If three tyres need replacing they may if you really really push the point, concede and replace one of them. Just be warned, keep your eyes wide open and trust no one.

Jack Schit
24th May 2012, 17:46
Who is the Chief Pilot at Orient Thai?

hajjpilot
24th May 2012, 19:54
Last Hajj it was a really nice English Captain, Adam Rhodes. The Hajj before it was an Indonesian Captain. This year a Thai first officer is earmarked for the job (after upgrade presumably)

chai ja
25th May 2012, 05:33
P. Mchardy on 76

stratofactor
25th May 2012, 22:07
OX terminated the Western Crews in April because they wouldn't take a pay cut like the classic crews did. The 744 crews offered to take time off without pay instead of the pay cut. Now begging then to come back to fly Umrah. They did keep the thai pilots that were hired after the Western Guys that were on "permanent contracts":cool:.

Flying was fun. 99% of crews were great.

Their scheduler will tell you that those aircraft tires are good to go from her desk that is 10km from the airport. She was a peach......not!

fergineer
26th May 2012, 11:20
Ah things dont change do they.....had the pleasure of flying their L1011 in 2001 same old problems different aircraft. Got to admit they did pay me when I was there albeit a bit late but they did pay the hotel bill while I was waiting.

Capt Yummy
15th Jun 2012, 15:10
Orient Thai...screwed me out of travel money, expenses, and half a months pay from the 2011 Hadjj. The maintenance was deplorabel, mechanics using packets of cocktail napkins to remove skydroll off of failing body gear steering actuators then stating they fixed the leak. That was not the only use of cocktail napkins, lost a generator one day, couldn't switch it off due to the fact they used cocktail napkin to keep the the switch in. I could go on.....