PDA

View Full Version : 737NG TR...Australia?

FlyingDumbells
12th May 2012, 13:29
Hello,

Does anyone know of a TRTO in Australia that does 737NG ratings?

If you can refer me to some websites to have a look that would be great. Just keep finding USA ones.

ReverseFlight
12th May 2012, 15:56
I think Boeing/Alteon Brisbane does TRs exclusively for the airlines and not independents.

There is a 737NG sim at Ansett Melbourne but it's owned by Virgin and they don't hire it out to self-sponsors.

I stand to be corrected on both counts though.

Move On
12th May 2012, 20:49
In Australia you are looking at Alteon (Boeing) 30k approx and ansett would not be that far off.

The US you will be looking around the 13k to 17k mark.

At the end of the day you will be taught the Boeing syllabus no matter where you go, as long it is an ICAO Level D sim. After that you will be learning the SOP's etc from the airline that employs you.

Good luck.

Have a look at Alteon Seattle $17k or Pan Am 13k in Vegas.

Shredder6
13th May 2012, 04:20
QANTAS in Melbourne also do 737NG (and the Classic) type ratings.

ReverseFlight
13th May 2012, 09:25
QANTAS in Melbourne also do 737NG (and the Classic) type ratings. Do they entertain the self-sponsored ?

Nulli Secundus
14th May 2012, 10:36
Quote:
QANTAS in Melbourne also do 737NG (and the Classic) type ratings.

Do they entertain the self-sponsored ?

Yes, Alan Joyce takes you out for a beer. For those ticking command endorsement Bruce Buchannan will do the lap dance. Its excellent value.

ReverseFlight
15th May 2012, 03:05
I think this thread is in the wrong forum. It appears no one knows the answer here.

I would suggest the mods move it to Professional Flight Training.

Move On
15th May 2012, 03:20
FlyingDumbells,
Go to the "Qantas Flight Training" website or "Ansett" to find out your request directly...very simple.

Otherwise it's the USA.