View Full Version : Vietnam Airlines bangs up another one...

PappyJ
11th May 2012, 07:04
Just days after the Viets drove an A321 goes off the runway at Ho Chi Minh City subsequently destroying the tires and landing gear, yesterday they had a tail-strike involving the 777.

I can't believe that the A321 Captain who destroyed the landing gear on that A321 could get promoted and upgraded on to the 777 so fast.

Bearcat
11th May 2012, 09:04
get over it.....thats the way they do things there.

where i come from, that behaviour would not be tolerated.

CaptainProp
11th May 2012, 09:07
This is turning in to a real circus....amazing... :eek:

PappyJ
11th May 2012, 09:39
It's been a circus a long time. Now it's just becoming a danger act.

B777-200ER
11th May 2012, 17:23
No surprise. Never have I seen such a poor standard in all my life. Trainers (very loosely termed) who wouldn't qualify for a second officer position anywhere else. Terrible knowledge and ability and huge egos combined with nepotism and corruption. What a recipe for disaster!
Flying through pure "rote" not actually understanding what their doing or why. Just pure blind luck and the reliability of Boeing.
If there is one company in the world right now that's heading for a hull loss then its Vietnam airlines. Especially from what I witnessed on the 777 fleet.
The whole system is fundamentally wrong.
There will be more incidents you can be guaranteed of that.
I personally think it won't be long before their put on the "banned" list for Europe, and already Australia has been raising eyebrows at some of the recent incidences on the 330 going into Melbourne.

enemymine
13th May 2012, 10:24
Any details on this one?

duyen
13th May 2012, 11:43
paul jeeves knows everything. He is God... God of all ***holes:E

India Four Two
13th May 2012, 22:58
PappyJ,

What's the source of your info? I have not been able to find any references in the local media.

diddly squat
13th May 2012, 23:58
I personally think it won't be long before their put on the "banned" list for Europe, and already Australia has been raising eyebrows at some of the recent incidences on the 330 going into Melbourne.

I am not arguing with you at all, but I can not see any reference to this incident, can you pls send some more details so I can find more info please.

Slasher
14th May 2012, 12:15
Isn't it a member of Star alliance or somethin'? And what do
the other carriers say about this nonsense? I haven't heard a
damn thing.

It will probably reach the point when pax just won't touch VN
and demand another connecting carrier, and then the Alliance
members themselves will get fed up and recruit a safe carrier
like JSP or something.

PT6A
14th May 2012, 12:20
Is it star? I thought they were in sky team? Either way... A very valid point and one that should be addressed.

Flexable
14th May 2012, 12:22
SkyTeam Members

Our Members (http://www.skyteam.com/en/About-us/Our-members/)

angelgabriel
16th May 2012, 08:55
it seems like you are a very bitter people pappy and b777-200er no one put a gun to your head and ask you to join vietnam airlines,if you are a pilot in vietnam then you should just leave....seems like all this stress will give you a heart attack.

all airlines have their share of little screw ups,look at qantas...they have had some news breaking problems with their planes...does this mean they are not safe?

what about american airlines which overshot the runway in jamaica ? or the 2 idiots from northwest which missed their TOD coz they were bitching about the airline?

you seem very biased and should leave if you are indeed working here. or wait maybe you can't as the states and europe are still messed up !

B777-200ER
16th May 2012, 11:53
I left the airline. I couldnt work with them. "all" of my intake of 777 pilots did the same. They were terrible. You can talk them up and try and put a different spin on them, the truth is, the evidence is speaking loud and clear all by itself.
They'll be more too.

India Four Two
18th May 2012, 16:25
PappyJ,

So was there a tailstrike or not?

EX BLUE STORK
18th May 2012, 21:21
hI 777ER.

I think maybe it is time to start a new thread called "The clowns of Vietnam Airlines" and lets go back to 1997 where this nonsense started.

EX BLUE STORK
18th May 2012, 21:24
Yes there was.And this was not the first one.3 on the A321 and 1 previously on 777.

Dream Land
18th May 2012, 23:40
India, when incidents happen in this part of the world by locals, it doesn't get in the news, you won't read about the facts the next day, but this type of situation is certainly not limited to SE Asia, I can name a pretty big EU country that has the same practices. :hmm:

DL

etops777
19th May 2012, 00:17
Blue stork and b777-200 er

Good and bad news.

Good news is that you 2 are no longer with VN :ok:

Bad news is the airlines that you're with:D

B777-200ER
19th May 2012, 01:15
Yes I left the airline, and until I joined Vietnam Airlines I have never been compelled to write anything up about anything or even join pprune before. Im not a renegade or someone with a grudge, but the things I saw at VN were unbelievable. On top of that, they were nasty, Incompetent and made it very clear that expats were not welcome on their coverted fleet of old 777's.
They were looking for any angle to try and shaft you, and dock your pay.
Ive had the benefit of working with proffessionals in my career and first class airlines. People who are qualified for the positions that they hold and know what their doing. I cant say that of Vietnam Airlines.
The standards at VN were low. Very low and the calibre of trainers and capts there also very low.
As I stated previously, there will be more incidents. It will be as a direct result of having inexperienced and unqualified people in positions of management and the flight training department.
Its only a matter of time before Vietnam Airlines has a major incident. I would not allow my family to fly with them for that reason.

mach 84
19th May 2012, 14:33
as it seems to me your time in VN was rather short,

so why did you come there, flying for world class airlines before?

as by my assumption there must be at least 70 captains and 10+ of them

instructors, did you fly with all of them?

have you been there as capt or f/o?

why you state you would not let your family travel with VN?

as you left it is obvious that they would not use VN anyway,

so simply get on with your life and be happy to be out of vietnam,

world class airlines are waiting for you!

etops777
19th May 2012, 15:45
Mach 84

Nicely said.:ok:

Dream Land
19th May 2012, 16:45
Yep, all is well at VNA, the cadets ar coming! :ugh:

B777-200ER
20th May 2012, 03:23
Yes Im in one of those world class airlines now. What a difference it makes huh?

EX BLUE STORK
20th May 2012, 12:10
Bad news for the Airlines.

I am retired and and you can enjoy your life in the sandpit.

It is quite obvious you do not even know the facts about VNA

Not that the Airlines in your part of the world are much better.

Good luck

ia1166
20th May 2012, 12:17
Strange post. Are you on wine?

anyway, sandpit, jungle, what is the difference?

You can train anyone as much as you like. Constant descent, fuel economy, blah blah blah.

If He can't stop befor the end of a Long runway what to do yanni?

B777-200ER
20th May 2012, 14:11
Exactly! I think he was refering to the posts above where two "gentlemen" were suggesting that it is in fact "us" that is/was the cause of VNA's woes?
The evedence is out there, its shouting from the roof tops for anyone that cares to listen. Their substandard and heading for a major incident.

the grove
20th May 2012, 19:26
ia1166,

For informational purposes, absolutely no negative remarks toward Stork will be tolerated. The tough guy will run to the mods to request that your post be promptly scrubbed, lest he have a complete breakdown.

India Four Two
21st May 2012, 13:59
India, when incidents happen in this part of the world by locals, it doesn't get in the news, you won't read about the facts the next day,

Dream Land,
I'm fully aware of that, but I was wondering if the OP was posting an unsubstantiated rumour or if he had any details.

Dream Land
22nd May 2012, 01:15
Not a rumour. :cool:

etops777
22nd May 2012, 06:55
777-200Er

I am curious why you've decided to leave your so-called world class airline for VN in the first place then only to leave VN to go back?

We all needs to read between the lines..

etops777
22nd May 2012, 06:57
Stork

Good that you are out of aviation forever...stay cool and stay out..

By the way....do you know me? I dont think so. So how can you assume that i dont know about VN? Never assume anything:=

B777-200ER
22nd May 2012, 11:13
I didnt go back. But VNA wasnt for me. Im much happier where I am now thats for sure. They were terrible.
My last airline downsized. It wasnt worth staying. Great flight ops department but terrible management. From a pilots point of view its about the flight ops and standards/safety etc. Not much we can do from our end about the management side of things. Pitty really otherwise I'd never have left.

EX BLUE STORK
22nd May 2012, 15:18
etops 777.
Good stay in the desert where you belong.No doubt one of these days we will see you you on one of the news channels or National Geograhic.
Clowns like you who have degraded the flying fratenity along with The Grove.

etops777
23rd May 2012, 00:38
Stork Or "dork"

I will have to disappoint you in your request. It is good that you are no longer in aviation! With your assumptions or presumptions mindset, better just to chill by the beach. The most ideal place for you after a hell of a career:D

Dream Land
23rd May 2012, 12:03
The training standards are not only below par on the 777 (locals), but the top VN TRE's on the 320 in Hanoi are definitely included in that club, I'm not here to attack the posters on this thread like some, but the Stork has always been a professional operator in Vietnam.

VNA's relationship with foreign pilots has gone down hill over the last three years and I don't feel that many will disagree, I certainly don't feel that the new system of fines and penalties will serve any positive impact to keep safety at a high level, I think it will only drive people away.

DL

EX BLUE STORK
24th May 2012, 21:07
The Grove,
Actually Tanua and i do not stoop so low.The moderator did not delete any of your posts.Maybe tell some more lies.The only person who deleted your posts was you.

EX BLUE STORK
24th May 2012, 21:10
100% correct B777ER.It is suprising that there are people that make such rash assumptions on this forum.

the grove
25th May 2012, 15:13
Didn't delete a thing, Stork. Just another lie from you. As for your Ansett line crosser pal Tanua, no comment.

EX BLUE STORK
27th May 2012, 04:31
Stick around you will be in for a shock shortly Grove.The only person who posted inaccuracies and lies was you.

Below from one of your countryman.

all the info Ive sent u is 100% legit........and verifyable........the grove reckons he,s not Glenn...is he lying?........

who is CM???.......another piece of yank ****......not who you think I am but one of his mates...Jetstar A320 Capt,Im now in china....I witnessed the punch-up and why it started...JR went looking for a fight and got one.....the grove is a liar-period,he wasnt there I was.....RAL refused to take back JR after he handed in his resignation...and VAC wanted him gone...JR accused my kiwi mate of orchestrating the whole thing...he had nothing to do with it...nobody ran...he was recalled......there were no sucker punches...they both went at it.......period.....I think I know who u are...may have seen u at some RAL/parc pissups.....all of the frontier pilots I met were nothing but pieces of ****.....yank crap.....pathetic really......thanks in advance for your help....I have passed your info on....

the grove
27th May 2012, 11:37
You've got some classy mates, Stork. He's either illiterate or drunk, I can't figure out which. Or, in all likelihood, he's the alcoholic Kiwi himself. Now there is a guy who would never be allowed back on the property at VAC, since we're on the subject. He's a human train wreck.

JR could come back to VAC tomorrow if he wished. Through Parc or DPI. The Viets liked him and so did the expats. As for Rishworth, he would never have asked them for another contract. He is the guy who told them to stick it with their illegal retroactive pay cut, have you forgotten? The pay cut that you meekly bent over for. :p

Lie after lie after lie. You're a ninety pound weakling trying to sound tough on a webboard, from 3,000 miles away. What an old fool.

ia1166
28th May 2012, 00:36
I think I've been here longer than any of you and I have to say I agree with the grove.

Jr was liked and could come back if he wanted. The kiwi. No chance. Too many fights and too many issues.

The yanks are all good pilots. I have first hand experience of this in the sim so that's a total crock.

Not sure who you are stork, but you are talking out of your proverbial.

TANUA
28th May 2012, 03:37
Grove-

If you wish to denigrate me in order to make yourself feel "superior" or whatever the motive- then please be accurate. I crossed the Line in 1989 with East West Airlines-Ansett absorbed that operation some years later.

I have identified myself & told you where I live & you have made no effort to speak to me ! Despite this, you have the temerity to keep telling others that they lack courage & are cowards talking from a long way away. You obviously take great courage from "shielding" behind your handle?

I thought perhaps you might simply have a severe case of the "Duck's disease" & that is fine but you really seem to enjoy "attacking" people. I have no difficulty with you defending your friends & countryman but that can be done in a much better manner than what your employing at present.

Please accept this comment with the menace it intends-if you post another attack of any kind toward me- without having the decency to talk to me first- I WILL find out who you are & your tenure in Vietnam may not be as long as you desire.

Have a good day now & fly safely.:ok:

ia1166
28th May 2012, 12:48
Hi Tanua, Mate i can't see any posts from the grove that have attacked you.

what gives

ia1166
28th May 2012, 16:03
Hi matey. must have missed all the goings on.
lets all go back to 2004. minus mr pot tie.

What is it with americans and fighting in bars anyway?

Luke SkyToddler
29th May 2012, 04:39
So, as you can see, it's only the local captains in this airline who suffer from CRM issues, poor conflict resolution skills, big egos and general immaturity. Not the expats, at all :rolleyes:

B777-200ER
29th May 2012, 09:31
Wow! That's about all I can say to some of these posts! Boy am I glad to be out of that horrible airline!

ia1166
29th May 2012, 16:09
A horrible airline. Interesting comment.

Whatever your problem is, you left to go somewhere else. So live with it. To come back here and throw mud around just makes you look like you're not happy where you are now.

I can tell you that VN has some excellent pilots in its ranks. just like everywhere else. The older guys, me included, have been here a long time. We have reached a point in life where we realise that we are not living for aviation, but using aviation to support our families, friends and lifestyle. VN suits our lifestyle. I would appreciate less of your attacks on the pilot community here.. many of which i am sure would run rings around you. Viets and expats included

If you really feel the need to attack the training department of any fleet, i would suggest to you that you may like to attempt training yourself. Where you are everyones friend at check time, and everyones enemy at debrief time. it is a difficult line to walk as we are all just trying to get along, pay the bills, keep the wife happy, and have a beer or two. The problem being every pilot i know and have checked in the sim thinks he's chuck yaeger, where in reality we are all just mr average.

So please, enjoy your new airline, move on, and when you have been around a bit look back and realise...life is about your family, not your uniform.

olepilot
29th May 2012, 17:36
Glad to see you're all alive and kicking, each other! ;-)

Slasher
29th May 2012, 19:10
I hope R.N. wasn't chopped as well. When I was based in Sai
Gon yonks ago with another Co he was a regular at the Omni.
Great bloke for a beer and yarn and I reckon one of the rare
ones who really did give a **** if you were neck-high in it. Is
he still there and gotten rid of that bitch he often complained
about?

Dream Land
29th May 2012, 19:54
ia1166, thanks for all your opinions, but coming from you it's actually no insult at all, I know what the real opinion of you is from most of the crews and it's funny that you feel that you are what it's all about. You've been true to your colors since you've arrived, really no change, and as for you to come on this thread and badmouth the airman you train with - just reinforces what we already know about you. What a very sad person.

RN still there and doing well, and yes, she is gone.

DL

B777-200ER
29th May 2012, 20:25
What training department? There's a training department at VNA? For real??? Can't say I noticed one? I wonder if they've managed to find any trainers to put in it?
I did notice a lot of oxygen thieves however.

Slasher
30th May 2012, 08:28
Ok good to hear - I really liked R. Thanks for your reply Mr Land.

Luke SkyToddler
30th May 2012, 10:06
Get a grip 777-200 you sound bloody hysterical. Why do you keep coming back here to cry about it? You had a bad time here and you bailed out, fine, we all got your message. Many hundred other pilots here, came to a different conclusion than you.

You're right in one sense, if you come here and you don't know your stuff or you're a gash pilot, they won't "train" you up to speed. And there is the potential here for pilots - both expats and locals - to become slack & non-SOP & lazy. But nobody's forcing you to lower your own standards.

Honestly it's such a simple concept to grasp - go to work, fly the plane, humor the guy in the other seat even if he's an idiot, make sure nothing dangerous happens on YOUR flight. Go home, chill out - or go partying or whatever you're into. Enjoy all this country has to offer. Enjoy your pretty-good tax free salary. Enjoy your two week holiday every 6 weeks. Feel smug about the fact you earn 3 times what the locals do, and about 100 times the national average wage.

Personally I find this to be the most low stress job I've ever had. It's just about impossible to fail a sim here, once you're in. Compare that with Korean. It appears to be just about impossible to fail a medical. Compare that with China or Japan. Just because you "can" get away with it, doesn't mean of course that you "should" let yourself turn into a bad pilot, or a fat chain smoking alcoholic. Once again, some self policing is required :hmm:

There are some very bloody good pilots in this place - and some pretty bad ones. Like I said, nobody is forcing YOU to lower your standards to that of the lowest common denominator. Know your aircraft, know your SOPS, stay vigilant, stay proficient, lead by example. You'll gain respect from everyone. (Portuguese A330 captain S.E. is a great example of that, he's a great guy and really really knows his stuff. They just made him TRE on his fleet and first expat working in the safety dept).

If you have safety concerns or you simply can't fly with one guy, then deal with it in plenty of time, through the proper channels, even in this airline those channels do exist.

One of "them" might well stack a plane up one of these days, not your problem, just make sure it's not one that you are on.

And always remember the proverb, "grant me the strength to change what I can change, the serenity to accept what I cannot, and the wisdom to know the difference".

B777-200ER
30th May 2012, 10:44
Hey, glad you like it there. I'm not hysterical, crying or otherwise. I know my stuff too. That's the reason I left.
Last time I checked this was a public forum right?
If you want to talk about hysterical then just read some of the posts above mine? Disgruntled? Immature? Irrational? There's a dozen things you could call them.
I'm just a regular guy. If you knew me you would know that. I'm not a renegade, trouble maker, sh1t stirrer or otherwise.
Anyway. Who cares about VNA right? I'm not there anymore. I couldn't stand them or their country.
But I honestly think that their heading for some more major incidents the way things are, and it's not just the training department and lack of training/standards. It's the whole deal from the cultural side to the way it's run.
This thread was originally about that. Somehow it's degenerated into a personal slanging match between certain individuals and it's all very ugly and unrelated.
It's pretty noble stuff huh?
That's it for me anyway.
Call me what you like. Hope you enjoy your time there.
Over and out from me.

Luke SkyToddler
30th May 2012, 11:11
Yeah you got a point there - once Aussies start insulting each other over '89 its generally time for sensible people to head for the hills. Or lock the thread.

Hope you're all having a good evening gents ... wherever you are :cool:

Luke out

TANUA
30th May 2012, 11:37
Luke-

Just to correct a misunderstanding with your perspective on this thread. A lot of the "argument" from this forum started on the Hainan Airlines thread & they both have a page of missing posts?

This makes it difficult to come in & assess where things are at- but -there has not been any problems between Australians & Australians-89 or otherwise.

Safe flying.:ok:

tknapp
31st May 2012, 20:30
I will say we pilots are our worst enemies!As for saying the training department sucks is not true. They do expect you to know SOPs and the plane which you should because everybody is already rated when hired. There's always room for improvement with any training department. As for saying the training pilots are bad that's BS! I took multiple Rides with ia1166 and he was better than most of the check airman in the States, also thought the Viet guys where fine. I learned the hard way about the SOP since I was the first American to show on property from Frontier and was not used to a QRH. The Viets who trained me were great guys and did a standup job getting me through it. Maybe alot has to do with The attitudes of the individuals.
I'm to lazy to look at who said all the Frontier pilots suck but some of the worst pilots I had ever flown with there were other expats not the Viets! All I ever heard from the Viets were how much they enjoyed flying with the Americans compared to the Ausies, Brits etc. I'm sure a lot of guys who didn't make it through training flew with Captain Bick.

I will say at least none of the Americans were ever SCABS! And we all know who the SKABS are over there.

It's like what ia1166 said its about pay, days off, and having a good time.
Tom

etops777
1st Jun 2012, 02:55
Tknapp

It seems to be same everywhere. Most of the guys in Emirates would prefer to fly with an American than Aussi or Brits.

vfenext
1st Jun 2012, 04:39
ETOPS where did you get that idea from? I'd rather fly with an Aussie or Brit any day. At least they can speak aviation English and will buy a beer in the hotel. Yanks are either bible bashing country hicks or Bush loving right wing warmongers. Hoo haa!

EX BLUE STORK
1st Jun 2012, 16:38
VFE NEXT.
You might be a little bit shocked about what comes next.

IA 1166 FAR offine as regards dreamland

As for the Grove.

He will also catch a wke up call.

the grove
1st Jun 2012, 20:19
More inane blabbering from the retired fool.

India Four Two
7th Jun 2012, 05:53
Now that the fighting has died down ;), could we get back to the topic?

The OP, PappyJ, stated that there had been a tail-strike and subsequently has been absent from the thread.

Dream Land posted
Not a rumour. http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/cool.gif

Why so coy, Dream Land? What, when and where?

Dream Land
8th Jun 2012, 15:43
Let those who are working at VNA fill you in if they are so inclined, not even newsworthy in my opinion.

DL

Global Drvr
17th Jul 2013, 13:11
OPEN LETTER TO VIETNAM AIRLINES
DEAR (FORMER)COLLEAGUES,

I am not happy with the job of being a rat, but someone has to speak up before more people gets hurt.
Where are the regulators?
I know in Vietnam they just don’t exist, but what about Paris, Frankfurt, London? Don’t people care about safety as long as there is money to be made?

I have lived a happy life, but it’s too much to see in 2013:
-Crews that continue to pretend everything its OK after an unstable approach to landing! How many more Asiana’s do we need?
-Drunk and and drugged pilots!!! Are you waiting for another guy to pass out and collapse in a hotel lobby while willing to go for his flight?
-Crews completely unaware of the Safety concept and an aircraft SAFETY CHECK!
-Contraband on all flights, even dangerous goods carried by the crews themselves!
-Pilots that just can’t speak nor understand English! Where are the ICAO standards for ELP?
-Crews flying in excess of 150hrs a month, because company counts only stick time. And positioning might be another +50hrs!
-A cockpit where lazy guys chain-smoke till the air is so thick the cabin crew refuses to enter!
-A dispatch office where they need to remind you: DO NOT TAKE LESS THAN FLIGHT PLAN FUEL. Very professional!
-Aircraft with months of recurrent faults. Yes, just a reset after every flight won’t fix the problem! Not to mention the aircraft's cabins "repaired" and duct-taped all around.

I commit from now, to make public all disasters I have learnt about during my years in this aviation jungle. It’s not a happy job, but it has to be done to see some changes in aviation quality and safety

A happy pilot

BayBong
17th Jul 2013, 23:07
PPRune has no more news from VN until Global Drvr came up. Thanks +++ Global Drvr.

Of course there are ways to make the best of what VNA has to offer, but why is it that those who are still there do not speak up ? Censured ? Fear with job security ? Why cover up so many despicable facts ?

ChinaBeached
18th Jul 2013, 05:04
This guy -200ER..... I know him. It just dawned on me.

The same guy who flew Metro's in Oz and was denied a Command for over 2 years after others on the seniority list due his incessant poor standards, whining and foot in mouth disease. The same guy who declared bankruptcy after buying a covertable SAAB but couldn't pay it off. The same guy who did a self-funded 73NG endorsement to try to get a DJ job but shot himself in the foot due continued b!tching and complaining so again, lost all his money and never offered a job so had to retrun to Macair with his tail between his legs as the longest serving FO ever. The same guy who finally got a Command and turned up habitually late for work when base out of BNE. (No one wanted him around the head office in Townsviille). The same guy who, on his final day of work, deliberately bald-spotted the tyres of the Metro to p!ss off the airline. The same guy who went to RBA and yet again forked out some $60k of someone else's money for the 767 gig but upon arriving hated the airline, the company, the country, the people, the roster, the training department, the expats, the locals...... And yet again passed over for a Command and stuck as FO. From mates who were his Capt he was agony on the flighdeck. Then went to VNA - and guess what? He complained. Now he's at Scoot but masquerading to everyone he's at SIA.

LC - DO NOT go parading about standards. Your history speaks for itself. And now you're at Scoot flying the same beat up 777's that RBA once had. Irony? You've earned your own rep through tireless effort that has been maintained over some 15-20 years.

"World class airline". Scoot? You're deluded. What's more we all know what the package is like at Scoot..... You'd be better off bald-spotting Metro tyres back in Oz.

Maybe VNA was not for you? Then again, no airline or company EVER has been. But's it's always their fault.....

rdr
18th Jul 2013, 07:30
I gather that this is about the only way to blow off steam when ones out of his comfort zone in a not so perfect world.

1. The west is making zillions selling airplanes to all these places, (Korea,
Vietnam, amongst a few,) and will never stop for a few dead people here
and there.
2. These guys, then give jobs to chappies who can't cut it back home for
whatever reason, and sometimes even a rating or an upgrade they would
never smell.

Instead of bitching and getting into a frenzy, accept the status quo, and
just get on with your job. Hull losses and accidents are the way of life in
this profession. Its dangerous trying to change the whole world based on
ones own magnificence.

bluesideup69
2nd Aug 2013, 08:01
What a moron!
Just wondering WTF flaps are doing out at 21,000 on a A321?

But the list goes on. Wanna fly VNA? :yuk:

EXCEEDED OF FLAP ALTITUDE LIMIT :}
A321, VN1201 HAN-VCA 25/06 Flap1 at 20708 ft

HIGH RATE OF DESCENT ON APPROACH
VN1412 SGN-BMV, 11/05/2013, Max value = 1572fpm @ 470AGL

HIGH RATE OF DESCENT ON APPROACH
VN1382 SGN-DLI, 21/04/2013, Max value = 1899fpm @ 610AGL

TAKE OFF with GEAR PINS INSTALLED - TWICE
A321, NRT-SGN, June 2013 :(
B777, SGN-ICN, July 2013 :{

OVERWEIGHT TAKE OFF - by 37 TONS :\
B777, SGN-CDG, 14/12/12
Monkeys forget to apply MEL 73-21-02-01

SPEED HIGH DURING APPROACH
B777, VN1127, HAN-SGN, 06/01/2013, 172kts @ 1000AGL

AIRCRAFT STOPPED ON THE RUNWAY :8
B777, SGN-CDG, VN140, DEC2012
Crew decided to stop short of Z6 on 09L to see other guys practice Go Arounds -and take pictures- :zzz:

UNINTENTIONAL PARKING BRAKE SET DURING PUSH BACK :confused:
A330, MAY2012, Aircraft grounded 8 weeks for repairs. Yes, the tow bar slammed into the nose gear. Drink too much???

TAIL STRIKE ON TAKE OFF :oh:
B777, VN1120, SGN-HAN, May 2012, rotation rate: 8.6°/sec
The aircraft continued 3 flights before an inspection was made and the aircraft grounded :=

LESS THAN MINUMUM FUEL :ugh::mad:
ATR72, SGN-CAH, 18/03/13
Flight plan fuel: 2.1t
Fuel requested/Uploaded: 1.5t :ok:

LESS THAN MINUMUM FUEL :mad:
B777, LGW-HAN, 05/03/13
Flight plan fuel: 88.1t
Fuel requested/Uploaded: 82.0t :rolleyes:

bluesideup69
2nd Aug 2013, 08:21
Anyone recalls the Vietnam Airlines B777 incident when the Prime Minister missed his reception in Washington on Feb 7th, 2012?

Well, the crew was unable to comply with ATC after a "cleared for Visual Approach" was issued, they ended up getting thrown out of the cue and vectored somewhere esle :ugh:

I guess its getting to be an Asian Syndrome: :8

The US Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has banned foreign pilots from making visual approaches to KSFO airport runways 28 left and right.
The move follows the crash of the ASIANA B773 that killed three people on 6 July, a low approach by an Eva Air B773 on 23 July that prompted a go-around command by the airport tower, and several missed approaches by pilots of foreign airlines since 1 June.

:ok:If you cant fly, just get a desk job and stop tryng to kill pelople :D

Tipsy Barossa
3rd Aug 2013, 11:17
I thought the Viets hide a lot stuff; so how did bluesideup68 get the juicy details...errrr, I smell a rodent...oops, Snowden?

VA1 missed the cue or was she put well behind in the queue? I am sure they didn't know where the Potomac was, maybe they were looking out for the Pentagon or taking pictures of the Wahington monument! These Viets, they just didn't know their way!

ZFT
3rd Aug 2013, 11:35
http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/thumbs.gifIf you cant fly, just get a desk job and stop tryng to kill pelople :D

If you can't spell don't even try to get a desk job!!

FoxForce44
14th Aug 2013, 14:36
Guys, anyoner here works as F/O or Captain at Vietnam Airlines? Somebody can tell how is an average roster, hours of flight, days out of Hanoi, and if "per diem" is already included in the sallary.

Thank you!

Captaintcas
16th Aug 2013, 09:57
There ARE some proficient, very professional Captains in Vietnam Airlines though.
There are some great Belgians, among them a Female Captain on A320 ( N...):ok:

mikedreamer787
16th Aug 2013, 13:16
so how did bluesideup68 get the juicy details

I suspect from a VN inhouse crash mag he was able to get his mits on. :E

Sky Dancer
20th Aug 2013, 05:29
It's quite ironinc that the American FAA should met this out to "Asian" pilots. If they look within their own territory they will have enough work to keep them busy for a long time. The UPS A 300 - 600 crash , almost certainly pilot error on a NPA approach. There are many more such cases of American planes and pilots doing the dumbest of things. The American Airlines A 300 - 600 crash in NY , I can't believe that the FO was applying the rudder so aggressively. And that is the basic of flying a heavy aircraft. Don't forget the B 747 crash in Afghanistan , man the list is endless....And yet the Americans feel that they should be dictating terms to foreign airlines and aviators. Most international pilots will know that the average American pilot is so stupid that he can't even get a radio call correct in foreign airspace...and they say there is no bias:ok:

airjet
20th Aug 2013, 14:36
this is a cool thread ,lots of sh#$ talk heh heh heh.:E:E

Dream Land
20th Aug 2013, 21:00
Most international pilots will know that the average American pilot is so stupid that he can't even get a radio call correct in foreign airspace...and they say there is no bia by Sky Duncer Obviously a Brit that got his feelings hurt somewhere, there's no problems with the RT in the states mate, get a clue!

Ozzies would never make an idiotic remark like that!

squarecrow
21st Aug 2013, 02:56
Are you an Oz then mate. how do you know he is a Brit could be anyone,
either way dumb post,

the grove
21st Aug 2013, 03:03
Dream,

"Sky Dancer" ;) is not a Brit. He's from India, and comes on Pprune periodically to complain that the rotten folks in the US, Singapore and Australia aren't rushing to allow him to work in their countries.

Hey "Sky," understanding is the first step to acceptance. So understand that you will never, ever work at Delta, SIA or Qantas. Got it?

Hope this helps.

Dream Land
21st Aug 2013, 06:53
Thanks for clearing that up the Grove

vitorps87
21st Sep 2013, 11:43
Has someone been invited for a screening at Vietnam Airlines lately? I have applied, but still waiting for their invitation. I'd like to know how the screenings are working nowadays. Thanks

Sky Dancer
22nd Sep 2013, 06:10
Ahem....Grove just to clarify , I don't think I would ever work for SIA , Qantas or Delta because to my understanding all these carriers are battling to sustain their present fleet and growth , especially Qantas. Just for the record , I have flown with different nationalities and genders and I have never discriminated or passed a biased remark against any of them. Because when you judge an aviator , you should do so without any bias. I have flown with the finest of aviators from all nationalities , including American. But what ticks me off is when I see threads like these which insinuate that Asia pilots are a step below the so called Western standard. Let me tell you an interesting story about a American guy I knew from my former airline.When he came in he had issues with the airline's training system and standards and he kept harping about how difficult it was to clear the FAA check rides and the FAA ATPL flight test blah blah blah...We put up with it and the irony was this guy could not even clear the ground school.Passed after multiple attempts and had problems in line training and finally left saying that it was all bull****. I wish I told him...Friend look within , that's where the problem is, not outside....maybe then the world would be a better place to fly. And for the record , Korean Air brought in experts from Delta to train and groom their pilots to improve their safety record. But Korean still kept having safety issues. Today the safety record is much better in Korean Air , because you have pilots from all over the world there , Malaysia , Europe , Australia , America , you name it. That's how you improve safety , different people , lotsa of experience and finally better understanding....have a nice day :ok:

Akali Dal
22nd Sep 2013, 10:12
But what ticks me off is when I see threads like these which insinuate that Asia pilots are a step below the so called Western standard. Let me tell you an interesting story about a American guy I knew from my former airline.When he came in he had issues with the airline's training system and standards and he kept harping about how difficult it was to clear the FAA check rides and the FAA ATPL flight test blah blah blah...We put up with it and the irony was this guy could not even clear the ground school.Passed after multiple attempts and had problems in line training and finally left saying that it was all bull****. I wish I told him...Friend look within , that's where the problem is, not outside....maybe then the world would be a better place to fly.

Aye, aye Skydancer. When westerners at UPS pranked their aircraft at BHM, the apologists went to astronomical lengths to create smoke and mirrors with super graphics and pictures...all just to hide the fact that it was a great f**k up. Likewise, the mitten glove comments about the nose- shove job by the SWA B737 PIC at LGA.

Massive " loss of face " all covered up with tons of analytical mumbo jumbo to pull wool over our eyes, and they swear on their grandmas tombs that they never suffer from loss of face thingy...utter codswallop1:ugh::ugh::ugh:

youwantmetodowhat
23rd Sep 2013, 06:38
I find it amazing that what really started out as an attempt by a concerned pilot to highlight serious safety issues at Vietnam Airlines turned into a person slanging match amongst "professional" pilots.

The post that lists the incidents says so much more than the bickering than helped ruined this post.

It sounds like there are genuine concerns there and maybe the world's authorities need to look at the whole operation before there is a far more serious accident....but then again, that is what the original post was about?!?

Jaxon
26th Sep 2013, 05:00
Sky Dancer, you seem to be ignorant as to where the standards in place in Asia came from, the fact that they are western in origin and often diluted and poorly understood in the east to where they have been imported.

Eastern pilots excel in rote learning. They tend to have more information memorized than a western pilot.

Western pilots tend to enjoy more benefit from training and experience that emphasizes understanding the practical application of the book material. This seems to be for two reasons: 1) because westerners are encouraged to ask "why", whereas the easterner is generally disposed towards "don't ask, just do"; 2) because the aviation rules and standards almost exclusively develop in the west where all the "why" questions are asked, answered, and disseminated. The "just do it" eastern world adopts the standards but fails to fully understand much of the nuances of specifically chosen words and phrases due to weakness in english language comprehension.

Younger pilots the world over tend to have a much shallower base of experience with a much quicker path to an FMS keypad and autopilot. The younger pilots would greatly benefit from more training on the edges of the flight envelope as well as a couple months flying a non-flybywire airliner without an autopilot, and better yet, without an FMS or autothrust/throttle.

A pilot from an American airline is much more likely to experience an airline that encourages the exercise of those basic skills that the continuous use of automation diminishes, whereas an Asian airline is more likely to restrict elements of manual flight extensively as well as impose penalties for numbers coming off of an FDR.

Where an Asian airline makes the bet that the technology will provide all the safety they require, a smarter airline more committed to safety will work toward and support a fully functionable flight crew that can actually transition to and from automated flight with comfort and ease, as well as fly to an airport visually and land from any relative position for which a stabilized approach can be made.
Limitations pertaining to automation should be left to the manufacturer. Use of automation within the proscribed limitations should be left to the pilot.

Each pilot's skillset suffers or improves according to the airline culture and experience that exists where he works. The Koreans have previously demonstrated the painfully dysfunctional effect of their culture on safe flightdeck operations. Most Asian carriers demonstrate an overly dependent emphasis on automation and a tendency to prefer fines over training and education. American airlines have been responsible for the largest single body of aviation experience in the world and have therefore long been pioneers in both the right and wrong ways to operate aircraft, and it is that leading concentration of experience within one single body (America) that confers perhaps the greatest amount of learning for aviation that has been shared worldwide.

Sky Dancer
26th Sep 2013, 09:18
Jaxon , my good friend , I agree 100% with your post. The Western system of education permits a young mind to think on its own which is a great thing , that is why the Western world has given us such great inventions, not to mention the aeroplane. But you seem to be missing my point. Many posts here have a racial slur attached to it , meaning there is a subtle implication that Asian pilots aren't really cut out for it while the Western ones are. Now that is what I am fighting against. I am very happy to pick up pointers from an experienced , sensible pilot who has something useful to share. Not from some obnoxious pilot who claims he is "hot" although he is anything but that and to make matters worse treat me like I don't know a thing.....that's what I can't stand. And another question , what were the background of the guys who scrapped the tail of the EK A 340s in Johannesburg and Australia. Were they Asian as well ? Or maybe from Korea where they are still learning how to rotate an aircraft on take off ....give me a break guys:=:E:ok:

Jaxon
26th Sep 2013, 11:24
My apologies, and quite correctly as you say, race does not define ability.

olepilot
27th Sep 2013, 13:52
…and I find it crisp, clear, accurate and 100% bang-on!

…and it's not about race! It's about culture!
…and the biggest disgrace is that the payload looks at the new, shiny aircraft and think that they get the same level of safety as the do with an airline-industry-civilized carrier!
…and it's a pretty big oil tanker to turn around because it's the same in the rest of their society!
…and go figure why the rather intense VNA discussion has died out!
…and I judge myself to know what I'm talking about after more than 30 airline years, including a 4 year stint with VNA.