PDA

View Full Version : Kindle Fire

rgbrock1
10th May 2012, 14:05
Anyone have a Kindle Fire? I'm thinking of buying one and was wondering how anyone who has one likes it, or not.
Thanks.

11Fan
10th May 2012, 14:27
Buy it rg. Got one when they came out. Make sure you get Amazon Prime though so you can watch free streaming movies as well as downloaded ones.

For the price: :ok::ok:

Oh yeah, buy a stylus as well.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/417A6R-x0YL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

rgbrock1
10th May 2012, 14:34
Thanks 11Fan. Your suggestion alone will have me hunting one down. Probably directly from the website of that South American river!

Why a stylus though as I thought it all was a touchy-feely screen?

givemewings
10th May 2012, 14:58
I was looking at a Kindle Fire as well, in the end I went with a Samsung 7in tab. Kindle is great if you read a lot AND you use the south american river a lot- however I'd recommend to read the reviews as it runs a bastard version of Android that is more restricted than the open version. However if you're a bit tech savvy you can 'sideload' apps from another android device (phone), if you don't have one then you have to go the dodgy route of sourcing them online and transferring from PC to Fire.

However, if you just want something as a media tablet with a bit of browsing, it should do what you want.

Galaxy Tab 2 runs on the newest version of Android and is more open to customisation if that's your thing.

Also if you're/will use it outside the US I heard the Kindle is not quite as useful since a lot of content is not available. However a vee pee enn should sort you out. Have loaded one on my Tab and it works great to let me stream video form UK & US.

11Fan
10th May 2012, 15:04
Why a stylus though as I thought it all was a touchy-feely screen?

It is, but the stylus works great. I heard that Rangers were all thumbs anyways... Oh wait, born with no thumbs, that's it. :}

rgbrock1
10th May 2012, 15:05
Rangers don't need thumbs. The index/trigger finger is all we need, thank you very much!!!!!

11Fan
10th May 2012, 15:10
Roger that. See ya bro. Off to the orifice.