PDA

View Full Version : Changes?

jacksonbrowne
8th May 2012, 01:54
2500 TT. I fly for a 135 charter outfit in Lear 25, 35, and 55s (with whom I've been for a year), have a b/a in Management & History, lack any captain time (our company upgrades on the millennium), am single (no kids or ex), and willing to move almost anywhere.

I've done some hunting around and can't find many guys in my position here. I am wondering what the more learned members would recommend. I don't know if I should break out and join the ranks at a regional, try to get picked up by a major, or look for a higher paying 135 or 91 job and try to get a little more time.

I'm open to ALL suggestions, as I like to turn my life upside-down and move around every once in a while. What would you do in my shoes? Thank you in advance.

aviatorhi
8th May 2012, 03:55
Unless you know somebody or want to schlog through years or RJ flying go fly in Alaska.

Dream Land
8th May 2012, 05:04
I think you may be the victim of the "grass is always greener on the other side" club, if you feel that your career is a bit stalled out, first take the time to do research on the position you want.

What's important, Left seat, Airlines, bigger flight department? So I feel it's a good idea to stay where you're at until you can define and research your goals, then come back to pprune for advice from people that are in that position.

And cherish your flight time while you are still actually flying, not just pushing buttons like me.