PDA

View Full Version : G1000 Equipped C208B

slim pickings
9th May 2012, 10:11
The boss is considering the purchase of a G1000 equipped C208B. We have plenty of experience in 'classic' cockpit vans but none in the G1000 equipped. Would appreciate any advice before we go down this road.

SP :ok:

falconx
9th May 2012, 10:48
Heard of quite a few electrical failures for those with, still trying to rectify the issue...

Grogmonster
9th May 2012, 11:15
Mate the G1000 van is just as good as any other C208. My opinion is that the G1000 avionics will make for an even safer operation as situational awareness and dual everything will be appreciated by all your pilots. Show me any aircraft of any vinatge that does not have the occasional avionics problem. To date Garmin have been very reliable and parts readily available if required.

Groggy

Oktas8
9th May 2012, 12:49
I was with an operator of light twins, G1000 equipped. In about five years operating eight twins, there were no failures of the screen. Only a minor number of broken knobs etc.

The hardest thing about operating the things was avoiding the fat/dumb/lazy thing once you had a few years' experience. They made aviating & navigating so ridiculously easy. Once you had training in how to generate the information you needed, that is...

For what it's worth.
O8