PDA

View Full Version : British Eagle

TimS
24th Mar 2002, 05:00
Probably the wromg place (sorry Danny) but want to investigate the history of this company ('cos almost nothing on the web) that played such a big part of industry development in 50s/60s.. .. .Anyone out there with personal info/stories/memories would be welcomed to send to [email protected] - perhaps a website could be created from this for a piece of real aviation history.

Tiger_mate
24th Mar 2002, 13:40
There is a book available giving the full history including anorak details of every aircraft operated by British Eagle. It was only published recently so should be still available, sadly at the moment I cannot give you an ISBN No.. .. .I wrote to British Eagle in 1967 offering my 2 bob pocket money if they continued trading (I was 6), for which I receieved a lovely reply including some company postcards, but clearly this was not going to effect the demise of the company.. .. .To this day I still believe that it had the most attractive of airline colour schemes.. .. .Hope that helps you. .. .T_M

Brakes...beer
24th Mar 2002, 21:43
The Eagle Years by David Hedges was reviewed in the Feb/Mar Log. £21.95 from The Aviation Hobby Shop, 4 Horton Parade, Horton Road, West Drayton, UB7 8EA Tel 01895 442123. Got a good write-up.

Tiger_mate
30th Mar 2002, 13:46
<a href="http://www.host24.com/newsite/airlines.afriqonline.com/airlines/584.htm" target="_blank">http://www.host24.com/newsite/airlines.afriqonline.com/airlines/584.htm</a>. .. .A good round up of BE ops and a useful link to anybody interested in airlines past

AirbusEng
27th Apr 2002, 20:48
Just found your enquiry about British Eagle. I was going to suggest the Book 'The Eagle Years' but I have been beaten to it. If you need to get in touch with the Eagle reunion group contact me. Thanks for the plug for the book I can recommend it, I wrote it. :)

britflyer
30th Apr 2002, 02:05
Hello AirbusEng,

Could you email me at:-

[email protected]

I would like to chat with you and the Eagle group, about the Britannia 50th Reunion we are planning on 16th August 2002.

Steve Lewis
Trustee
Britannia Aircraft Preservation Trust