PDA

View Full Version : Busy around here .

whirlydude
8th May 2012, 15:41
Les than 100 feet from my house we have a T/A base in east london as i live opposite the park . Every couple of years we have a helicopter land there no big deal however since last week things have hotted up . Two super pumas landing up to six time a day then nothing on sunday . It has resumed today and we had a Westland lynx land a short time ago not shut down and then it took off . The lynx had a radar bubble on the front so i dont know what type it is . We also had a lynx fly around this area this morniing which is unusual . Now i just happened to drive pass the entrance the other day and soldiers were on duty at the gate with guns . I am thinking this could be a base for the olympic surface to air missiles . Impressive flying

Taff Missed
8th May 2012, 16:44
The Lynx with the radar 'bubble' on the front was probably a Bell 212.

whirlydude
8th May 2012, 17:49
No 100% Westland lynx .

Bravo73
8th May 2012, 17:56
Were the 'super pumas' dark green in colour?

If they were, they were probably non-super SA330 Pumas.

whirlydude
8th May 2012, 17:59
Yes the pumas are dark green . Had a look on the internet on saturday to see what version of puma but could find no details . The lynx is like this Lynx HMA 8 - Helicopter Photos (http://www.guncopter.com/photos/lynx-hma-8-photo.php)

Taff Missed
8th May 2012, 20:53
You're right; that is a Lynx - pig ugly with it. Bell 212 is much better looking.;)

Taff

ShyTorque
8th May 2012, 21:20
If they were dark green Super Pumas, be worried. We don't have any of those so you're being invaded. :uhoh:

206Fan
8th May 2012, 22:26
If they were dark green Super Pumas, be worried. We don't have any of those so you're being invaded.

That would be the Swiss then :}

whirlydude
9th May 2012, 14:48
One of many flights today Eurocopter Puma landing at the T/A east London - YouTube

SunderlandMatt
9th May 2012, 15:59
Doesn't look very 'Super' to me. :8 Could be the tiny screen on my iGadget though.