PDA

View Full Version : Aerial work in Europe (G-REG Helicopters)

Aucky
8th May 2012, 09:58
Can anyone provide any insight into the current regulations regarding aerial work within mainland Europe on G-reg helicopters - mostly in France, Spain and Portugal.

I know that the EASA opinions 02/2012 document (http://easa.europa.eu/agency-measures/docs/opinions/2012/02/Opinion%2002-2012.pdf) shows that new SPO agreements have been suggested and the 'Implementation Rules' are being worked on (with individual authorities being given the option to 'opt-out' for 3 years too allow a smoother implementation). It's perhaps unlikely these will be immediately adopted by most authorities(?).

Any links to documentation outlining current regulations or direct contact emails for advice/applications regarding rotary aerial work permissions in France, Spain or Portugal would be very much appreciated.

Thanks all.

JimBall
8th May 2012, 11:53
Until SPO is legalised, national regs remain. So - permits required in most states.

And don't forget your English language proficiency level letter from the CAA when applying with pilot details!

hueyracer
8th May 2012, 13:04
I did aerial work in D-reg and a N-reg aircrafts in Portugal and Spain (never in France).....

All times the company i was working for has been sub-contracted by a local company...

Especially when doing fire fighting, it HAD to be a local company doing the job (at least officially)..

sloanemallorca
9th May 2012, 17:47
It depends on what Aerial Work you are planning to as to which permit you'll need. In Spain they have many different levels of permits.

PM me if you want further info

Cheers Jonny