PDA

View Full Version : CAP 804 released no conversions mentioned

chester2005
7th May 2012, 15:22
Hi Guys

I have just spent considerable time looking through CAP 804 and there seem to be no conversion requirements listed for CPL or IR
In fact the only conversion data i can find is for type ratings.

As i am due to start a conversion FAA IR(H) to JAR/EASA IR(H) next month this concerns me somewhat.

When i spoke to Bond before 8th April they seemed confident that there would be conversion course data in CAP 804 but it had not been released then.

Has anyone managed to find it in black and white how many hours etc. one has to be trained to be able to sit the skill test, or do other countries licences and rating now count for nothing?

On another note there is also no mention in CAP 804 of being able to instruct remunerated on a class 2 medical ( class 1 with OML) under EASA which is also supposed to be happening now.

Frustrated and slightly worried
Chester:ok::ok:

MartinCh
7th May 2012, 16:56
EASA Part-FCL has the wording that conversion from equivalent ICAO licence or rating is down to recommendation of flight school and approval by NAA/CAA.

Which means, that greedy schools may not offer best deal for students and any paperwork will be more pain.
In my case, planning/thinking of doing 'JAA' FI(H) in the UK as it used to be, conversion from ICAO (FAA), but I'm yet to do the CPL theory exams.
Upon contacting non-UK CAA, they would have to approve the syllabus since I'd not do it in the country of CPL issue. Or in general, they'd want to know and approve of the course before starting it, since I'd be adding it to my CPL there.
They may not be happy with me doing the half flight time FI(H) course although the rating is, at least in the UK, JAA/EASA. There's the authorisation stuff etc, small print.

Now then, back to your story. UK CAA has the document/guidance stating that any courses towards ratings and licences started BEFORE 8th Apr 2013 would fall into the 'old rules' as now it's the transitional period.

That means, that UK CAA should be fine with whatever rules were in place and exercised before 8th April this year, till the next year's one, so long the course started.

I too would prefer the MINIMUM or recommended conversion times, as something to refer to. If the proficiency for flight test is met, aeronautical knowledge etc, then there'd be no argument against it, right?