PDA

View Full Version : Interesting new Firefox add-on

Cheerio
7th May 2012, 10:02
Collusion: I quite like this one - if you like tweaking your privacy settings, this might be of interest Mozilla (http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/collusion/)

Bern Oulli
7th May 2012, 16:39
Another Firefox add-on, which I have been using for some time now, is Do Not Track Plus (freebie). As I type it has blocked 27,227 tracking attempts. Currently on Pprune it is blocking 3 ad networks and 6 companies.

Loose rivets
7th May 2012, 20:39
Not ignoring you Cheerio, but I loaded the Do Not Track Plus, and it's plonked the thingie where Adblock Plus used to go.

I then loaded (on this newish installation) Adblock in the normal way, but all it offers as a switch is a new bar at the bottom. Grrrrrrrrr indeed. I guard my screen jealously.

I don't mind going to tools to turn it on, but oddly it doesn't even offer a switch there. Any ideas?

Cheerio
8th May 2012, 10:42
It seems that for now, the only way to use Collusion is through an 'add-on' bar it creates at the bottom of the Firefox window. It is still on V0.x. I still have access to 'Adblock Plus' in the 'Tools' menu, but I also now have Adblock Plus in the new add-on bar. However I use 'Ghostery', not 'Do not Track Plus'. Its interesting to see the tracking network propagate while surfing and monitoring with Collusion, then note how tracking stops dead when you enable anti-tracking such as the two above. It is just a monitoring tool though, but it serves to remind one to take anti-tracking measures.