PDA

View Full Version : USA FTO's Brit,OFT,OBA and NAC

Flying Greased Gerbil
11th Sep 2001, 15:09
By about this time next year I will have amounted between £6 and £7 k burning a hole in my pocket (I.e. finding an “alternative use” for unspent student loan). I have recently been in touch with some of the more well known FTO’s in the states, these being Britannia flight centre, Orlando flight training (despite there affiliation with Cabair), Ormond beach aviation and Naples air centre; each with the hope of obtaining my JAA PPL, Night and IMC (with the possibility of Multi depending on how far the pennies go).
Although of course, being British I find it rather difficult to part with my hard earned (or borrowed) pennies. For this reason Britannia flight centre looks most favourable, being the cheapest option I have found. I would be grateful if any past present or future students of any of these training operations would be able to post their comments, experiences and criticisms on to me (comments also welcomed from individuals employed at any of these FTO’s) so I can make a more informed choice as to where I spend my summer, training. If there are any further operators that offer JAA training in the US and at competitive rates I would appreciate contact details for these also. Thanks for your time. Donations graciously accepted.

NON SUM PICIES
:D

Flying Greased Gerbil
12th Sep 2001, 21:12
-1 posts.... well i'm impressed????!!!

Atlanta
14th Sep 2001, 17:14
Dear FGG
I have an acquaintance who attended Naples and says they were very good.
I have not heard any recommendations for any of the others you mention.

Midland Maniac
15th Sep 2001, 13:49
if you email me i can give you some info on OBA!

GoneWest
16th Sep 2001, 07:19
I would be very tempted to go to a school that can offer you a legal visa to entre the United States (especially Florida) for Flight Training - it's a rather touchy subject at the moment and Immigration will be MUCH harder to impress from now on.