PDA

View Full Version : CAE NFTI(GONDIA)..REALITY CHECK!

speedbird11
5th May 2012, 16:16
this flying training institute which was once termed as one of the premier flying schools in india(supposedly after IGRUA) is on the verge of downfall....the institute started as a promising one but then things went wrong all the way...
1.The current package for cpl(only cpl not type rating) costs around 37 to 38 lakhs in NFTI after the fuel price hike.One can do cpl with type rating abroad with this amount(boeing 737 ng rating).

2.Fake promises of job pacement by marketing executives of NFTI.All cadets are of NFTI except for indigo cadets don't have any kind of palcement support.They are as good as normal pilots with foreign cpl.Only the Indigo cadets have the contract of job.Indigo cadets will pay a sum of (38+20=58 lakhs) for their cpl and type rating for a320(earlier it was 30+15=45 lakhs).

3.The institute is running dagerously low on aircraft numbers.Currently only 4 aircrafts are serviceable out of 9 aircrafts and even the DA40 simulator is down.The student intake has drastically increased with the strength reaching close to 180.batches with almost 30 students are being inducted every 2nd month making the availability of flying slots almost impossible.Students don't get flying for days.

4.Even the indigo officials are unhappy with the way flying is being given to indigo cadets.No indigo cadet has got solo yet(still stuck with12 -13 hours of flying only) given the fact that the first indigo batch was inducted in the first week of november 2011.

5.The marketing executive of NFTI will literally beg you to join NFTI with fake promises(he/she will call you at odd hours and will beg to join it..probably for thier own gains.)

6.The cadets got placed with airlines with their sheer hard work and it has got nothing do with NFTI's name.

7.There is no job assurance for cadets.They are as good as normal cadets.

8.We were promised in November 2011 that 4new aircrafts will be acquired....it's may 2012 now and there's no sign of new aircrafts with current serviceble fleet of only 4 aircrafts out of 9.After repeated queries it was revealed that new aircrafts were ordered in march 2012 add to that another 4 months for manufacturing,shipping and registration formalitires in India.

8.Best option for aspiring pilots would be to go abroad finish off their flying quickly..give 10 hr skill test in india and apply for jobs...

9.The course in NFTI is of 17 MONTHS which often exceeds to 24 months due to non availibility of aircrafts and poor ground classes for tech and rt.

THIS IS MY FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE OF THE SO CALLED WORLD CLASS INSTITUTION...people can visit the campus and talk to the cadets to verify the facts...don't believe those marketing executives..they will do anything to get you in the trap.

planeboy_777
6th May 2012, 09:42
8.Best option for aspiring pilots would be to go abroad finish off their flying quickly..give 10 hr skill test in india and apply for jobs...

Jobs meaning call centers
do they have a CPL requirement!!!!:}:ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::E

vdaff
6th May 2012, 09:57
I knw a guy who is studying there, he said he is getting poor training and nothing as promised.....only 1 guy got in QR and rest are Indigo cadets, the others are suffering after spending 40 lac plus!!!! Airlines wont be hiring anytime soon...so no point in joining NIFT let alone any flight school...for those who want to be pilots do a Engg or finance degree and u can secure a decent job..dont waste your life on this, there is no job and 10000 unemployed pilots... or else u will end up being in call centre, infact even call centre pays you according to degree you have, if you have Bachelore degree the pay is more than CPL which is +2 logicically.

speedbird11
6th May 2012, 11:12
well...thats better than spending 38 lakhs in NFTI and ending up jobless.

Konkeror
6th May 2012, 15:27
@speedbird - are you currently studying in NFTI??
and doing this Indigo cadet program??

speedbird11
6th May 2012, 15:36
yes i am a cadet in NFTI but not in indigo cadet programme

Konkeror
6th May 2012, 15:41
@speedbirds - I am sorry, but how many types of cadets are there in NFTI?

clearblueskyy
6th May 2012, 15:42
Flying in India never was a good option , for one we don't have as many airfields in the vicinity.

What are you going to do when your engine fails whilst youre cruising Indian skies...

* and they make you pay 58 lakhs for that .. ?

Sure, life is a joke..isn't it ?

speedbird11
6th May 2012, 15:43
normal cadets without any contract with indigo and indigo cadets with a job contract

blue_ingle
6th May 2012, 15:59
i have a friend he just got 8 hrs in a month

planeboy_777
7th May 2012, 06:54
i used to fly 40hrs a month after clearing my papers
and finished of in 4 months:cool::cool:

CF680E1
7th May 2012, 11:49
So whats the bottom line? I'm about to complete my engineering and I have a good job offer in hand. I always wanted to become a commercial airline pilot. CAE-Gondia has always been my first option..the lady there promised me of jobs at the end of the 17 month course..weird. What on earth should I do now? Please advice.

speedbird11
7th May 2012, 12:05
@planeboy777...you did your flying in NFTI when the strength of a batch was 5-7 max...and during that time NFTI had around a total of 30-40 students....now its gone upto 150+(30 others waiting to rejoin to complete their flying once they clear their papers)...My advice to others...come talk to the cadets here(who are already frustrated) and decide...don't believe those marketing excutives...i fell for that too..

cyrilroy21
7th May 2012, 12:17
@speedbird 11

Why exactly are 5 aircraft grounded ? Where they all grounded at the same time or are they just undergoing scheduled maintenance checks ?

Also could you tell me what cost is for Avgas 100LL at Gondia ?

speedbird11
7th May 2012, 12:52
1 of them down with broken propellers due bad landing(awaiting dgca enquiry)....1 is multi engine which only flies when multi-engine flying is required...one is gone for 2000 hr maintenance which takes almost 1.5 months....rest two have gone for scheduled maintenance..and again the serviceable ones will go for 2000 hr maitenance which will again bring down the fleet back to 4-5 a/c and monsoon is approaching which means flying will again get hampered for two months as these a/c are not meant to be flown in rainy season...so basically we are short of aircrafts(atleast 5) which don't seem to be coming anytime soon....so if you join now(june batch) you wont get flying anytime soon...they are saying that 1 of the newly inducted batches will start flying only after about 5-6 months of induction...simply because flying slots are not sufficient to meet the current number of flying cadets...it'a a fight to get ur slots that too after paying 30-32 lakhs which is going to increase upto 37-38 lakhs..again i repeat come and verify the facts with cadets and not with marketing chaps...

av8r76
7th May 2012, 15:27
Typical of anything in India. Lotsa style, but not too much in the substance department. They started off well, as pb777 can attest, but I guess greed and just plain sheer incompetence has ruined it. I wonder if CAE still wants to attach it's name to farce like this. Hope it works out for the rest.

pilotofstar
9th May 2012, 12:33
speedbird11: thanks for the information about NFTI, i was in the notion that it is one of the best we have in India. your piece of information will be helpful for future aviators.

vdaff: i very much agree with you on situation of jobs for CPL holders in India, but i would like you to justify the figure of unemployed pilots in India. to the best of my knowledge the total number of CPLs issued by DGCA is close to 12000 and you stated 10000 out of these are jobless. ??????
being an Indian has its own drawback- facing competition in any and every field, aviation is no different.

josephkd85
9th May 2012, 14:01
In NFTI,to get to flying phase you have to wait 4-5 months. During this time you will be doing ground training.this helps a lot to clear papers. if a student has taken 24 months to complete his training,it is only coz he cudnt clear his papers in time.for others who clear papers in 2-3 attempts,they finish ther flying in matter of months.

bornpilot007
9th May 2012, 15:39
I agree completely with speedbird11. I am also an ordinary ( non-indigo) cadet at NFTI and its my advice to all my dear friends who are looking forward to join NFTI, considering it as a promising option to attain CPL..... mind you:= .. Its a gift wrapped empty carton.
NFTI presently has 8 single-engine a/c and 01 multi- engine with 150+ students to train on them. Out of these 8, usually you ' ll find 4-5 a/c serviceable at a time which brings the student to a/c ratio to 25:1. Hence you hardly get to fly 01 sortie a week.
The instructors out here are such who themselves took 8-9 attempts to pass their DGCA CPL examinations. :D

@josephkd85 -those are bloody old times u talking about.....
i have cleared all my papers... and i haven't flown for last 15 days, despite being present at flight school everyday.

crossbase
9th May 2012, 16:03
I can support everything said by speedbird11. I am also a present cadet here and have seen things going downhill since joining. Initially we were all promised the world - simulators, fast completion of flying hours, high ratio of aircraft to students, multiple contracts with airlines (Jet, Air India, IndiGo, Spicejet, Qatar) and discount for the A320 type-rating by being CAE CPL trainees. All of that is a big fat lie.

Batches of 25-30 come in every two months, but the number of aircraft haven't increased by even 1 since the last 5 batches have started.

The flight instructors, though decent (not very good, just reasonably OK), are mostly fine, except two-three who train you well. They're all very good pilots, but not at the same high level while instructing. Instruction varies, not only how it is delivered but also what is delivered causing confusion during checkrides. Shouting and screaming at trainees is regular. Only one or two can deal properly with all kind of students. On the positive side they're honest, unlike management.

Ground instruction is one of the better things about this institute, with the instructors being knowledgeable and approachable. However, the way classes and flights are scheduled is not. Management is not interested in genuinely solving issues or in progress of trainees. Classes, even if scheduled, will see some instructors coming and treating everyone like they are in the 2nd standard.

School management seems to gain sadistic pleasure by not providing any sensible transport options to cadets. Vehicles take us to flight school only at fixed times in a day. If you miss class because there is no vehicle one hour before your flight, too bad - walk. 22 degrees or 50 degrees outside temperature does not matter. If your flight was late and you want to get to class in time, walk if there is no vehicle scheduled. Own vehicles are not allowed (even two wheelers).

Being situated outside the small village-town of Gondia means we only have one place to go for any minor outing every fortnight, or for change of food. Before joining this place we were assured of tranport to Gondia on weekends (Sat and Sun), but as soon as we joined this was stopped for unknown reasons. Now we have 6-day working, sometimes 7-days before DGCA exams, but we get no transport to Gondia. Ever. Except drop and pick-up service when coming back from or leaving for exams/medical renewals.

We are at the mercy of the one caterer here in Gondia. Nobody else will take the mess contract (this is what management tells us) because Gondia is isolated, and the current caterer takes full advantage of it. Food quality is regularly bad. Not unhygenic, but it wouldn't take much to let it drop to that too. When we complain the food suddenly becomes good for a few days, and then goes back. It recently got decent - we are all hoping it remains so.

As far as airline contracts go it looks bad right now. Qatar took a total of one student - I guess to show that the contract was real, but they don't seem to be interested in any more now that they have the rights to use some key routes overflying Indian airspace. The contract was an eyewash for them to get what they wanted. They got it, and now they will most likely not take anyone else from here.

There is nothing with Jet Airways, Spicejet, or Air India. The Indigo contract is only for cadet pilots. That too is only as an expression of intent to hire their cadets after taking skill tests when they finish their CPL. There is no job guarantee. Regular cadets are given no special treatment (this is a common misconception that lots of new people come with). To add to the mask that NFTI is trying to create - this is the list of airlines they claim to 'Work With'. The words chosen are subtle influencers to gullible students and parents - conveniently saying nothing about job/placements with these airlines, but implying an association in the same regard -

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B3k0sysTXc-hQjYzaTBXX1o3WU0

CASS is an eyewash. Everyone is taken in. I know cadets who are here even after failing CASS. Still management says CASS is used as a selection/rejection tool. All they want is your money for CASS, and then for the course. They don't care if you have the aptitude as per the test result or not.

Today, honestly speaking, getting into flight training is a terrible idea. Go do a graduation in anything else - commerce, arts, science, medicine, law. Follow that up with working somewhere or a Master's course. Fly for fun when you get the money. Alternatively, if you have decided to do flight training then please, please, please - save yourself and your parents the misery of dealing with ANY Indian flight school. I don't know about other schools except NFTI, but I can guess that they can't be much better. The Indian attitude in instructors and management will be everywhere in the country. Go to Canada, USA, South Africe, New Zealand, Australia, or anywhere you want to. Make sure the quality of training you get is high. Learn the skills for piloting an aircraft safely. There are no jobs today, and probably will not exist in the foreseeable future. Any jobs that did exist till a few months ago have gone away with the Air India/Kingfisher fiasco.

Be a pilot if you can afford it without unsettling your life. Train to be a good pilot, from somewhere you will actually learn with an instructor who really cares about your learning. That place is not India. It is certainly not NFTI - CAE Global Academy Gondia.

iflyda40
9th May 2012, 16:22
Joseph, A lot has changed since you passed out.

presently 220 students and 4 serviceable aircraft. So that gives an aircraft to student ratio of 1:60 approx.
Add to that the harrasment to students.

Hot water connections switched off ..The facility manager's excuse..You don't need hot water in summer..Mind you some have sorties at 0700 in the morning.

Very limited transport to the airport/Campus..Students have to walk in the hot sun in 47 deg heat to the airport/Campus if they miss their transport if they had a long debrief.

Staff acts as if they do you a favour by giving you slots.

Simulator is down

All treadmills in the gym are down (Actually switched off because of cost cutting)

Xyzaine
9th May 2012, 17:53
so heartbreaking!! :{:{

so....where would you go, suppose you had to do your training?

planeboy_777
9th May 2012, 18:38
Check you PM iflyda40.....

bayblade
9th May 2012, 19:24
@Xyzaine (http://www.pprune.org/south-asia-far-east/484547-news-article-highlighting-concerns-unemployed-indian-pilots.html)
please read this recent post News article highlighting the concerns of unemployed Indian pilots (http://www.pprune.org/south-asia-far-east/484547-news-article-highlighting-concerns-unemployed-indian-pilots.html)

in case you still want to go for training, :ugh: then its better to go to US. the benefit being you can complete your training before your fellow here :cool: and then can soon proceed towards ATPL exams and then depending on your luck and your willingness to study you might get to sit at the right seat of an airbus/boeing else on a couch at your home.;)

the_737_guy
10th May 2012, 14:10
All This Stuff about NFTI has reallyy confused me.... :confused:
.....So, can anybody suggest an 'Authentic' and Reasonable Flying School?...

planeboy_777
10th May 2012, 16:46
go to yash air or baramati

flyboy0001
10th May 2012, 17:19
I guess we cannot go for ATPL papers directly after gtng CPL for from US. we need to convert license first. & why do you think training is US is better than that in India?

Xyzaine
11th May 2012, 02:56
@bayblade
thanks for responding... *sigh*.... wont give up! :)

RP-C000
11th May 2012, 03:08
dude it is not just abt money..... it is about flying... u will not get in call center wht u get in flying.. If you want to bcum pilot to earn money thn u r at wrong place... better u go & work in call center.

FINALLY SOMEONE WITH COMMON SENSE...:D many students look for cheapest school why ? would you do the same if you were planning to an MBA or BE.:ugh:

planeboy_777
11th May 2012, 05:15
@ noob crossbase

There are no jobs today, and probably will not exist in the foreseeable future. Any jobs that did exist till a few months ago have gone away with the Air India/Kingfisher fiasco.

There will be no jobs for you in future that's for sure.
the way you are judging your school is as if you are some high class auditor
the reason why you are crying out is that you cannot clear your papers and right now you are sitting like ducks over there.

As far as Qatar is concerned, again you are acting as though you were present during the signing of MoU.and that Qatar airways just called you that they are not interested before writing this on PPRuNe
As far as airline contracts go it looks bad right now.

what on earth is this attitude.?

in order to know that this is for real or not
-clear your CPL first(which you are having a hard time doing it)
-clear your ATPL and MCC
-inform Qatar airlines that you meet the requirement and ready to procced with the induction process

and FYI ..there were 6 TRE/TRI's with 6000+ hrs during the induction processes of Qatar along with our friend from NFTI who had only 200hrs.:sad:

The flight instructors, though decent (not very good, just reasonably OK), are mostly fine, except two-three who train you well. They're all very extremely good pilots, but not at the same high level while instructing. Instruction varies, not only how it is delivered but also what is delivered causing confusion during checkrides. Shouting and screaming at trainees is regular. Only one or two know can deal properly with all kind of students. On the positive side they're honest, unlike management.

Stop judging Instructors,
Instead of knowing HOW are they teaching ,first know WHAT are they trying to teach
Mind, in IGRUA the instructors, they'll hit you in the cockpit;no doubt they make world class pilots who end up in AI.

speedbird11
11th May 2012, 05:55
@ planeboy777....All those who are from NFTI in this blog always wanted to represent this institution...always wanted to proudly say that we are from NFTI...most of the chaps have proudly written on the fb profiles "training at NFTI"....but this institution has always let us down...probably because of the way things are being managed here....we fought..we argued..we compromised too...but things never changed....We realised how bad the situation was when we entered the flight school....and FOR YOUR INFORMATION....almost all the views posted here on this blog are by those NFTI students who have cleared all the papers or are left with one paper(also it doesnt matter if you clear papers or not..still u will get flying only if ur lucky enuff and if u can beg)....Don't judge us...I KNOW IT'S VERY CONVINIENT FOR YOU TO BLAME US WHEN YOU YOURSELF ARE JUST MONITORING CIRCUIT LANDINGS IN AN A32O SOMEWHERE OVER AHMEDABAD(making call outs like "manflex SRS RWY autothrottle blue)....come here and talk to all the flying cadets..you will hear the same views which are posted here.....and to tell you...WE ARE NOT GOING DOWN...WE WILL FIGHT AND WE WILL BRING BACK NFTI'S GLORY DAYS.

iflyda40
11th May 2012, 06:49
I recommend you train abroad.
If you insist on India, Then run far far away from NFTI.

Illusion : A sweet female voice asking you to join NFTI and all job contracts promised as well as A 320 type rating discounts and world class facilities and flying everyday.

Reality : Once you join ..A harsh old man asking you to leave the institution if you cannot cough up the 6 lakhs as a part of increase in fees and you begging the staff at flight school for slots. No type rating discounts.

Overworked and tired fleet of DA 40's always in maintenance.:ugh::ugh:

Flight kit is substandard and incomplete. The flight bags promised were Jeppessen's What students got were low quality English Book Store flight bags. Headsets changed from David Clark to cheaper Sennheiser. No foggles in stock:mad:

Icing on the cake : Once you finished your 17 months time limit...With hardly 100 hours ....They throw you out of the hostel .... Saying its as per the signed contract.:eek:

Avoid this school like plague.:=

the_737_guy
11th May 2012, 14:40
Thanks!.. for your reply!.... :ok:
Could you Name some flying schools Abroad which you recommend..

iflyda40
11th May 2012, 15:40
@737 guy

Sorry dude..I would not recommend any institution that I have not experienced first hand.....
The best thing to do is go to the flight school and personally talk to the cadets. They will give you a ton of info.
And do not believe the marketing chaps. That's something I fell for.

I do not talk in terms of quality. The quality of FLIGHT TRAINING at NFTI is good.
But the lies and harassment is just too much.
It is a sad case of a wonderful institution grossly mismanaged .

All the best for your training

FlyBoy787
11th May 2012, 16:47
Hi,

To be honest, I don't know why everyone's so eager to train abroad.

I'm an IGRUA alumnus and yes, life wasn't as cushy as it could have have been if I was in the USA or Canada, but the one thing we were always, always assured of was the quality of training.

Ground class took 4 months. 4 months of studying what I would eventually see and do in the cockpit and it helped! and how! I cribbed and complained then and believed that the guys who chose to go abroad were wiser but I couldn't have been further from the truth! what I learnt then holds me in good stead now. I don't know of any flight school abroad, let alone in India, which conducts ground classes as well as IGRUA.

I read earlier about someone wondering as to where we'd land in case we had an engine failure, are you saying, say in the US, you'd always be withing gliding distance of a suitable aerodrome?

Flying training, atleast at IGRUA was very good. Yes, there were times where we didn't get to fly for a day, tops two, but we had an efficient flight management and rostering process in place and everyone who chose to fly, flew! The instructors took pains to teach us, as said earlier, also ended up hitting a few of us but that was all part of the game! It helped!

This post isn't intended to be an IGRUA vs. NFTI post, heck, for that matter, there were times when we, at IGRUA felt you guys at NFTI had it easy.
This is just to let everyone who's encouraging people to train abroad know that training in India isn't as bad, it saves you the trouble of conversion for starters and the standards are much much higher!

Xyzaine
12th May 2012, 03:58
hmmmm... just wondering about the FOOD at NFTI now... hope they dont have any cost cutting plans for the cafeteria section... come on, FOOD is of great concern and importance!! ;)

RS320
14th May 2012, 09:47
Guyz, i know this not the relevant place to ask this question, but just let me put it!
How do youll see indian aviation in another 3 years time? Is it wise to take up flying next year?

chetak3
16th May 2012, 10:48
Only 2 aircraft were operational today.All others were in maintenance.
Same story tomorrow.
Cost cutting is taken to new levels as the air conditioning is switched off in canteen.
Repeated mails to CAE officials in Canada are not heeded.
You need a minister or an actor in the campus to get them here.

CAE Global academy ? world class institution ? Sheesh !

speedbird11
16th May 2012, 16:29
sad story of a world class institution...stupid cost cutting measures and that too when we pay extra for electricity.It clearly goes to show the failure of the local authorities to manage this institution.Some strong steps need to be taken by CAE CANADA to bring back things on track and it's not an uphill task.We fail to understand why these cost cutting measures are being taken when the institute is getting almost close to 30 students in every batch(and i am sure all of them are paying...nobody walks in for free here..lol).where are the those aircrafts....Our Institute has got state of the art infrastructure and i am proud of that (except for the tiny aircraft fleet)..but it's being managed in the worst possible way.As mentioned in the last post by chetak...we only had 2 aircrafts flying today(rest 6 in the maintenance and one multi).I still maintain that things could be improved if CAE CANADA steps and takes stock of the situation.

nftivictim
17th May 2012, 06:28
and bye the way i ll tell youabout training service agreement which nfti wants you to sign during joining. they change what ever points they want to and says it is applicable and you have to accept .include fees food etc . this post is for new admission guys . i ask then what is the need of agreement then?

RS320
17th May 2012, 06:59
When I got to know about this world class institution , was flattened by all the placement assistance they provided. :rolleyes: But now the dark part of the story is coming to light veryy fast. Its always good to know the truth.:O If not for pprune i would have just thrown 45lacs into an empty well.!

Konkeror
19th May 2012, 14:52
@ RS320.....its not just 45 lacs....it cost 55 lacs now

Xyzaine
20th May 2012, 15:03
@nftivictim.. nice name you've got there ;)

niksmathew24
20th May 2012, 18:31
Why don't you guys seriously think about Embry Riddle.

Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University - World's Leader in Aviation and Aerospace Education (http://www.erau.edu/)

Since you're willing to spend so much at NFTI, might as well spend some more and get it done from Embry Riddle. World class training and highly preferable anywhere in the world.

Just my 2 cents. :ok:

caenftiindigocadet
23rd May 2012, 20:22
Hey,

Having read all the posts and comments mentioned above regarding the frightful situation at NFTI, I'd like to post a couple of questions after giving a brief on my current application status with NFTI.

I had applied for the Sep '2012 batch of the Indigo Cadet Program a couple of months back. Thereafter, I have successfully cleared the written exam and am awaiting the CASS date.

Are the Indigo cadets also suffering from this hike in fees? Are they, also, likely to not completely their course in the said duration of 19 months? Are they secured a job post completion of the course, or could it also be a scam?

Most importantly, do you feel that the situation with shortage of A/C and the burdening due to the over-intake is going to improve, or do you feel that the situation is only going to worsen?

These questions stem to my mind because I am really keen on doing my CPL and given the infrastructure at NFTI, it was my first preference. In my opinion, the Indigo Cadet Program bounds the cadet, NFTI and Indigo Airlines by way of a contract, so an such deviations should not pose a threat to the Indigo cadets, but I might be wrong.

Hoping to get an unbiased opinion from the cadets at NFTI.

Safe flights!

PT6A
24th May 2012, 00:19
Until you get your first pay slip at IndiGo as a First Officer, you know nothing.

The airline and the school can and will change the requirements. India and it's airlines are in very uncertain times, it is impossible to say if they will have any demand for you when you complete your training.

At the moment IndiGo is actually over staffed with pilots, in excess of 800 at present.

The Indian market also at present has experienced A320 First Officers available, depending on IndiGo's preference they may or may not choose these over cadets.

I would expect the airline to either significantly reduce cadet pay, or not make a cadet an employee of the airline but a contractor with a daily rate.

Worse still, you pay them to fly the aircraft.

These are all tried and tested methods, and IndiGo is a savvy airline I am sure they are well aware of what the other leading LCC's do... including the one operating over 200 A320 family aircraft.

speedbird11
24th May 2012, 04:12
@caenfticadetindigo..About fee hike..The new package for cpl in Nfti will be close to 39.5 lakhs...around 38 lakhs for your cpl and rest for your accomodation and misc. charges.I am sure you will be informed about this very soon if you haven't received the official communication yet.This fee is applicable for everyone including the new indigo batches(don't forget your a320 type rating which currently comes for 20-22 lakhs)..so the total comes to 60 lakhs approx. for indigo cadets.About course completion..It depends on several factors like how quickly to clear your papers...aircraft availability(only 4 a/c seviceable currently out of 9)..weather etc...About the contract....it's 100% genuine...Indigo has been known to honour it's commitments so i don't think it will be an issue(provided the market remains stable).We hope that the situation improves here...Some steps have already been taken by the management to improve things..it's too early to talk about that but yes we do see things changing in the near future....You should visit the campus once and talk to the cadets.

caenftiindigocadet
28th May 2012, 17:32
@PT6A and @speedbird201

Thank you for sharing your thoughts... I think I'll go and talk it out with the cadets at NFTI to get a better picture of the entire scenario.

Regards

chetak3
2nd Jun 2012, 15:01
@caenftiindigocadet.

I suggest wait for a while.Lot of things need straightening out here.NFTI is taking students for a ride.
As of now bizarre new rules at flying school by the CFI just to trouble the cadets.
3 planes flying only.more than 150 students
no end to troubles in sight.hopefully cae will intervene
do yourself a favour.
stay away from nfti.even indigo cadets have written to their management to change the flight school

crossbase
3rd Jun 2012, 03:14
The new rules -

1. The daily roster is no longer easily accessible by students. One has to go to the flight school premises to view it. It has always been put up in the canteen notice board, since forever. Now, however, the CFI thinks we are too lazy and incompetent, so he wants us to get some daily exercise. If you want to double-check something on the roster, or if it changes after you've left from flight school - too bad, go back walking in the 50 degrees heat on your own to re-check, because there is no vehicle to take you there.

2. We now have a new No-Show penalty implemented. People who need to fly a dual check sortie (after an absence from flying of more than 15 days) need to pay the hourly rate for it in case they return after a period more than the authorised leave period. It matters not that they would've had to fly the same sortie even if the leave had been authorised. Ka-ching! goes the NFTI register with this...

3. As if life here wasn't hard enough already, what with only 2-3 aircraft available for the last two weeks and the ongoing DGCA exams, everyone is now made to attend the morning briefing. This would've been beneficial had the topic of briefing actually been something new. Oh, but how can the powers-that-be at NFTI do something useful for a change. No no! They must keep talking about approaches and landings all the time. Favourite topic of discussion - crosswind landings. Must have been discussed almost 20 times in the last two months. Try crosswind takeoffs for a change...
Yesterday was 2 hours about stalls and how they happen aerodynamically. Out of the 20 students sitting in the room, all except one had gone solo and done stalls and studied them umpteen number of times. Yet, our chief had no hesitation in spending 2 hours on the topic.
There is no discretion exercised in dealing with students. Knee-jerk reactions to everything are the way things work here.

4. Those who do not attend the above mentioned briefing will no be put on the roster for that day, or the next, or any following day till a written explanation is submitted. Whether or not that explanation is accepted is a whole different matter. Two students have been brushed-off in the last two days, despite them not being shammers. I guess the chief is looking for excuses to reduce the number of people trying to fly every 4 days on the only remaining aircraft that are serviceable. Shame, and pathetic way to handle things.

It's horrible, the way things are being run here. The average number of flights that a student gets per week has dropped down to 1 or 2, over the last month and a half. Unless you have an instructor or the chief's blessings. In that case you might get slots everyday. Nobody else is paying for the course you see, we're all shammers except these instructor/chief favourites.

Great institute... God only knows whether the IndiGo thing will actually work out for anyone except the cadets. An NFTI graduate who is now employed at IndiGo (but not flying with them yet) came for his brother's admission here a couple of weeks ago. He said the backlog of pilots due to the Kingfisher fiasco means that the people who had joined the airline from NFTI with him (in early 2011) have still not flown anything except the simulators. People who have passed out from NFTI since then have been put on-hold by the airline. They will be informed when their requirements come up, which is unlikely before mid-2013 looking at the present situation.

That's the confusion in the minds of cadets at present... should we keep believing the IndiGo dream and stay put here, hoping it will work out? Or should we quit NFTI and move to another school where the training is likely to be better and the management treats us like paying customers rather than wild dogs who need to be kept on a leash with crazy new rules everyday?

World-class institute! Sheesh! And then the marketing team keeps roping in new fools everyday, who are NOW willing to pay over 40 lakh rupees to study here. I will categorically state that anyone doing so is a completely brainless buffoon! Unless you have some limitation that doesn't allow you to train overseas, you're the biggest fool on the planet if you decide to join NFTI, unless things change here overnight. Become an IndiGo cadet if you fancy your chances. Doesn't guarantee anything because all you get at the time of joining the course is a letter of intent - an expression of the intention to hire you when you successfully complete your course in the required time and with the required performance. IndiGo will then think about hiring you provided they have the availability and capacity requirement. Remember this - there is no letter of employment, only intent. Makes you feel so much better already, doesn't it?

This situation reminds me of the movie 'Three Idiots' where Aamir's character tells someone to chase excellence, not success. Similarly, people should chase high-quality training, not a brand name being mismanaged to hell in the hope of getting employed with an already over-staffed airline. ENJOY!!! :E

RS320
3rd Jun 2012, 10:32
Chaos at NFTI is crystal clear, thnx to you crossbase.

UnrewardedG
9th Jun 2012, 23:52
@Mach5 : I was thinking of Airlines which would sponsor type rating costs.

And wouldn't it be a mature idea if your friend considered type rating costs before entering into aviation ?

Most guys who are doing pilot courses I am very sure have enough aptitute to get an MBA from good college. If you don't have enough money, its best to go for something feasible than something you are passionate for. :ok:

mach5
10th Jun 2012, 07:46
Dont make any comments unless you know whts the reality is.

First think you dont have any right to say Umemployed Pilots are not working hard and thats why they are sitting at homes , there are thousands of capable people who are unemployed just because they coudnt afford for their type rating.

One of my friend got a job offer last year in a charter company , they asked him to get his rating on a citation jet on his own nd the pay for the next 2yrs would be 15000k with no accommodation,food etc with base as metro city and finally some wealthy guy took that offer, such is the condition in aviation.

Behave in a mature way before making any comment.

caenftiindigocadet
15th Jun 2012, 11:17
For everyone who's keen on joining the Indigo Cadet Programme, I'd like to let you all know that I recently had the final selection phase, the interview, with Indigo Airlines - and I don't see anything wrong with it.

I met some very senior people from HR and Line Ops. I will not mention their names, sorry! But, they are were all very comforting about this program, and how it was a calculated program based on the number of airlines they plan to be inducting over the coming years, and the number of vacancies that would create.

They did indeed confess, that they were aware of the administrative issues at NFTI, and rightfully, administrative issues, high fuel costs, expensive pilot training courses and various other issues have become a global phenomenon faced by most, if not all, flight training schools. However, they were very confident that NFTI would sail through comfortably, and that their contract with NFTI laid down very strict norms/standards to which Indigo cadets are to be trained and the duration within which they have to complete their training.

In short, after speaking to the Airlines, my confidence in this program is reassured. If you must do your CPL & TR, this would be the ideal way to go about it. Atleast you have a pilot's seat waiting for you after you finish your TR. Moreover, it's with an airline where you wouldnt need to look for another job till at least 2025. Yes, till 2025, Indigo Airlines is here to stay. So go ahead, if you must do your CPL, sit for the written exam, do the CASS well, clear the interview - and be on your way :)|

Hope this helps!

mach5
15th Jun 2012, 16:00
First of all you have edited your post := := := := , that itself proves maturity level
and second thing when my friends entered aviation things were different , companies used to pay for their rating but then things changed suddenly and every thing became upside down.

Isak
16th Jun 2012, 06:49
Well I've been to Gondia for my CASS and was able to get through. But when I met the regular cadets out there they had a very bad opinion bout the School. The way things are being carried out, amount of time it takes to get your CPL, number of flights available and a whole lot.

My personal experience I should say was pretty bad as well. Starting from the location (outskirts), the terrible scorching heat, absolutely terrible food (had noodles and fell sick ;)) and the unhappy faces and testimonials of the students made me sick. I was supposed to join the June Batch but I opted out especially because of the humongous amount as Fee adding to all the above. Well my question is whether the program is good only for the Indigo cadets or is it advisable for the Regular CPL program as well. Your opinion is much appreciated.

crossbase
16th Jun 2012, 15:03
...They did indeed confess, that they were aware of the administrative issues at NFTI, and rightfully, administrative issues, high fuel costs, expensive pilot training courses and various other issues have become a global phenomenon faced by most, if not all, flight training schools. However, they were very confident that NFTI would sail through comfortably, and that their contract with NFTI laid down very strict norms/standards to which Indigo cadets are to be trained and the duration within which they have to complete their training.

In short, after speaking to the Airlines, my confidence in this program is reassured. If you must do your CPL & TR, this would be the ideal way to go about it. Atleast you have a pilot's seat waiting for you after you finish your TR. Moreover, it's with an airline where you wouldnt need to look for another job till at least 2025. Yes, till 2025, Indigo Airlines is here to stay. So go ahead, if you must do your CPL, sit for the written exam, do the CASS well, clear the interview - and be on your way...

What you've said here is correct, and that is unchallenged. I've said it earlier, and will say it again - I don't doubt IndiGo's intentions for the cadets. That said, there might (and currently do) exist delays in the final commencement of work as a Junior FO based simply on demand and supply.

Although they haven't mentioned it, I have a feeling that the reason IndiGo moved their cadet program from the US to India might have something to do with the DGCA and its idiosyncratic policies for license conversion. That may or may not be correct, but what is absolutely certain is that there is no chance in heaven or hell that the training standards at CAE Gondia can meet those at CAE Arizona (formerly Sabena Flight Academy), or other good training institutes. There is simply not enough that is allowed to be done in India, or is possible due to our ancient airspace/training management, charts for training, and the general lackadaisical attitude towards flight training. The concept of service being completely non-existent also adds to the problems.

This, though, could be temporary and the issues could be minimized, if not completely removed, to a large extent if and when the people in-charge are interested in bringing about that change. Even with the entire fleet of aircraft flying at NFTI, the quality of training will never match overseas training. That is a fact, and will not change irrespective of the management, IndiGo's intentions, or the amount of money that wealthy families are willing to throw at their wards' training.

Prabhjyot
21st Jun 2012, 13:38
Hey! well, first of all, Thank you for actually warning people not to fall for CAE Gondia. I never expected this actually. I myself was looking forward to it considering all the things it had to offer. What to do now? Are all CAEs of this sort? I mean poor management and all? well, this is kinda upsetting :(

Ridethesky
30th Jun 2012, 06:50
Indigo cadets will no more get the staff travel! Great news!!!!!

Isak
18th Jul 2012, 18:23
How bout training in Phoenix AZ ? I was seriously thinking about training with CAE at AZ. I'm aware of the idiotic Conversion process from FAA to Indian, but keeping that aside would anyone suggest flying with CAE at Phoenix AZ ?

Xyzaine
20th Jul 2012, 05:14
Any updates on NFTI??

Ridethesky
20th Jul 2012, 09:57
The official news from the global manager CAE OXFORD is here!

Fees hikes are for all the cadets! I would like the students studying there to confirm this!

CAE is doing a great job for GMR I think! Many might turn there if they offer right thing at right time at correct amount of fees.

BINGO CAE OXFORD!

chetak3
28th Jul 2012, 15:34
Fee hikes are for real

Walk through the doors of CAE OXFORD NFTI GONDIA to lose love of flying
It will be made sure that each time you think of flying you think of a slow slow slow painful death :ugh:

speedbird11
31st Jul 2012, 13:05
Our fellow aviator crossbase mentioned about the fee hike which is now officially being forced upon us,it's time to highlight the utter lack of ethics and professionalism in CAE.Cadets are contemplating judicial action against CAE.The TSA (Training and Service Agreement) formulated by CAE NFTI is a joke.It nowhere talks about the rise in fee due to fuel price hike and now when we go to the courts,they will have a lot to answer.We took loans,planned our finances according to the package given to us by CAE NFTI and nobody at CAE NFTI talked about rise in fee due to fuel price hike at the time of admission( and why would they....as we all know they lack professionalism).They now have introduced this new clause in the TSA for the new batches.It's a major lapse on their part.Ideally they should take the price hike(which would cost them 4-5 crores) for current batches as it would save them the embarassment which is coming their way very soon.It is not a big amount for a company like CAE but it can definitely save their reputation here in India which has already taken a hit due to the current situation at CAE NFTI.It's high time they realised that it's not a grocery store where they can just say" We're sorry...we will charge you 6 lakhs more...thank you come again".

iflyda40
31st Jul 2012, 13:48
If CAE wants rationalise the fee hike saying the fee hike is due to higher operational costs it better see the way their money is wasted by the assets are misutilised to satisfy the false egos of some officers that some posts are filled just to warm seats draw salaries of several lakhs of rupees and playing cards on desktops

CAE stands for CANADIAN AVIATION ELECTRONICS and not CHARITY ASSOCIATION OF EMPLOYEES

Murtuzz
6th Aug 2012, 15:33
Good evening there,
i am Murtuza, wanna be a pilot was going to join CAE but now have surely changed my mind?
could you suggest me that is it possible to be a pilot (with job;)) in india?
or if u have to go aboard what would that lead to???????
I am very concern about where should i go for? as i belong to a MC family and do value money a loot:confused::confused::confused:

cyrilroy21
6th Aug 2012, 22:37
^^^

Assuming your age is 18 years old I would suggest you to go and get a college degree first .
A pilots license is not equivalent to a degree and your educational qualification will always be 10+2 .

The Aviation scene in India is pretty bad at present with thousands of unemployed CPL holders waiting for their first opportunity . This wont change for a long time to come unless the price of Oil comes down drastically and the govt of India rationalises the taxes on the aviation sector .
They would also need a significant change in policy to encourage the sector

Lots of unemployed CPL holders are finding it difficult to get other jobs since they did not have a college degree .

Aviation is big financial risk . There are no garuntees in the Aviation sector .

I would say go to college get your degree and in the meantime observe how things change . Who knows perhaps things will change for the better in 2-3 years time :)

Cunningplan
13th Aug 2012, 17:59
Those who stick with CAE Nfti will have to pay 38.5 lakhs to commence flying at
the institute but now there exists an option of transferring to Sabena ( Phoenix, AZ) for the same amount. The administration has also bought 4 new DA 40s to supplement the existing fleet, the last of which arrives end of September.

In theory thats what has been promised upto now. The plane to student ratio might decrease and some kids might transfer as well.. So take your pick gents.

cyrilroy21
13th Aug 2012, 18:14
If I was in your position I would take the opportunity with both hands and go abroad .

Not only will you finish much faster but you will also enjoy it a lot more than flying around in India .

But clear all your papers first including RT . That way the only thing you will have to do when you come back is give the skill test .

Remember though the cost of living in the US is much higher . So you will have to budget for that too .

Had they given this opportunity earlier you could have paid the fees directly to the academy in the US and save money on the 12.5% service tax .

The only thing that would stand in your way would be getting the US visa approved.........

I believe even CAE Oxford Aviation Academy does the same thing for its students where they go to phoenix to finish off the time building .

anirudhv92
10th Sep 2012, 16:35
Guys,
Does anyone know about the cae first officer programme (not the cadet programme), which Will be eligible for existing cpl/atpl holders with multi engine instrument rating and min of 25hrs on multi ( not more than 10hrs on multi sim). Is anyone aware of it?

anirudh_rao
10th Sep 2012, 16:54
The CAE website says they are accepting applications for Lion Air? Was it there from the start or have they put it up recently? I thought only MSD had the contract to send pilots to Lion!

3greens 1inthemirror
10th Sep 2012, 18:06
CAE website had the Lion program last year also. But I have never heard of someone going to Lion through CAE.

ilovecessna
27th Sep 2012, 18:03
Been seeing NFTI result for some time now, other than met its very bad. We have best teachers. still people fail. Any idea why.

FlyBoy787
10th Oct 2012, 11:29
Been trying for a week+ to get a date for IR Renewal(on the DA42). Would normally have gone to IGRUA but that isn't happening due to unavoidable circumstances.

Turns out, all communication is routed through a fairly inept system, where nobody knows what paperwork is required or how much flying time is required. Answers ranged from "we don't know" to "we'll check and tell you" and finally, got this : "we confirmed its 45 mins, but because of *traffic*, it might increase to 1:15 or 1:20." Wow. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

They went back on the dates that had been agreed upon for the test *twice*, each time ONE day prior to the date of travel, saying something about how the CFI needs a "refresher"(first time) and "unavoidable circumstances" the next. So much for professionalism.

I took up NFTI because i really had no option; but since this is such a frustrating, slow process I might as well wait and go elsewhere.

This, coming from someone who wasn't ever a part of NFTI. I can totally understand what you guys there must be going through.

Hope things improve. :ugh:

planeboy_777
14th Nov 2012, 04:48
Qatar Airways calling Cadets from NFTI for Second officer posts....

Now this is the Real reality check ....

Skyblade
15th Nov 2012, 09:40
@planeboy_777
Any basis of you commenting on Qatar program? Because as far as I know only one student was recruited by them, that too long time back. Nothing latest on Qatar yet.

CF680E1
19th Jan 2013, 14:03
Is the IndiGo cadet pilot scheme still existing? Are they still accepting applicants? There seems to be no update on the testimonials section of the NFTI website. Have most if not all of the IndiGo cadets been inducted as trainees?

achuxtreme
30th Jun 2013, 08:09
It still exists. :}
Don't know a damn thing about cadets.:confused:
I am right now cleared their CASS test. :uhoh:
I have got GD/PI in the upcoming week.:(
Anyone there???? :sad:
Or everybody abandoned this thread????:eek:
WHAT ABOUT THE CADETS?:confused:

airline aspirant
4th Jul 2013, 14:47
Did you get any info on whether the indigo cadets were offered employment with indigo or no?

airline aspirant
11th Jul 2013, 14:12
If there is anyone who has completed CPL and TR in NFTI under Indigo cadet pilot program , please reply to this post or send me a private message.

I want to know the current condition of induction of NFTI trained indigo cadets into the airline as Jr.First officer.

enterprise.org
20th Apr 2014, 15:09
dont invest your money in a place like nfti. not worth.

jarun94
3rd May 2014, 03:17
I have gone through the whole reviews but those negative reviews were posted on the year 2012...It has been two years now...I want to know the present situation of the academy about the indigo cadet program and the non indigo cadet programs...is there any change of standard there...do the indigo cadets get recruited...?
Please anyone out there reply for my queries...:ok:

ishpreet
6th May 2014, 10:02
Wondering the same thing, whether to join CAE gondia or opt for training somewhere abroad.... I hope the training standards might have changed. was really looking forward to the cadet pilot program

enterprise.org
28th May 2014, 09:42
its still the same....even after two years nothing has changed. don't invest your money in a place like nfti. GMR school in hyderabad is kind of okay types. You can check up with them. GMR school is officially known as ASIA PACIFIC FLIGHT TRAINING ACADEMY LTD. The issue with APFT is that their fee structure is just too huge, when it comes to installments. For example the installments are approx ten lac rupees. Total fees around 38lacs. And if u don't pay them on time then they stop your flying and ground class. Even APFT has got issues, its just that nobody has made them public. The only good thing about APFT are the instructors and accommodation. The management is absolutely incompetent. They all talk big and do nothing. Text me for further queries. thank you.

cherubgupta
16th Nov 2014, 12:45
im an aerospace engineer now looking to go to nfti as an indigo cadet.
is it really worth the fortune?
what kind of pay package and job security am i looking ??

Visshal
6th Dec 2014, 05:41
even i was wondering about the present situation of NFTI.. could someone please update it.. that would be very helpful. i wanna join with indigo cadet program, how much will i be spending on the whole thing?? like for cpl+a320 Type rating+food+accommodation and stuff till the end of the whole program.. and is there any monthly pay for the cadets during the training??? how many air crafts are functional and how many hours will we get to fly in a month??? and is all that money worth it at NFTI??? please reply with present details..

theflyingbruni
10th Feb 2015, 06:42
Hello everyone.
I was interested in joining the Indigo cadet program at Gondia. But on reading this post i felt a bit diffident. I understand that these opinions were well over 2 years old, hence i wanted to ask the current situation prevailing. Is there anyone out here who knows what the situation is like at Gondia currently?
Thanks a ton in advance!

cyrilroy21
26th Feb 2015, 10:34
@theflyingbruni

You are right . This post is very old and things have changed a lot since then

Things are going pretty smoothly these days

So apply and all the best...

AA350XWB
18th May 2015, 16:26
Can anyone currently studying there provide an update?

AA350XWB
28th May 2015, 08:58
Most probably because there are no slots to fly and half of the aircraft's are grounded.

arvind222
27th Jul 2015, 08:00
i am a student of "APFT". my sincere advice to people who are planning on joining here is please dont waste you time here. the only reason most of the people are stuck here are because they have already paid up most of the money and the management would never refund it.
POOR MANAGEMENT, POOR HOSTEL MAINTENENCE, POOR FLIGHT PLANNING.
OUT OF THE THREE AIRCRAFTS ONE OF THEM(VT-GMR MOST OF THE TIME) IS ALWAYS DOWN. so there are basically only 2 aircrafts and due to the operations being carried out from an international airport there are always consstraints for startups.
EVEN WHEN THERE ARE NO CLASSES OR NO FLYING PEOPLE ARE MADE TO SIT IDLE IN THE ACADEMY AND WASTE THEIR TIME AS THEY DONOT WANT PEOPLE TO GO BACK TO THE ACCOMODATION AND USE THE AIR CONDITIONING SO THAT THEY SAVE ON THEIR POWER BILL AND THIS HAPPENS 3 DAYS A WEEK WHERE YOU HAVE TO SIT IDLE THE WHOLE DAY.

FLYING IS VERY VERY HARD TO GET AS THERE ARE LOT OF PEOPLE

THE MANAGEMENT IS LEAST BOTHERED ABOUT THE INSTITUTE AND IT IS JUST A MONEY MAKING SCHEME WITHOUT A PLAN

BE READY FOR A FRUSTRATING 36 MONTHS IN THE INSTITUTE IF YOU PLAN TO JOIN :ugh::ugh::ugh:

AA350XWB
27th Jul 2015, 19:30
@arvind222 Thankyou for the update sir.

arvind222
31st Jul 2015, 18:49
around 35 students and 2 aircrafts

AA350XWB
2nd Aug 2015, 16:21
17 per aircraft? You gotta be kidding me!

anshul
11th Aug 2015, 15:06
I'm thinking of joining Cae(Gondia) because it guarantees a job as a Indigo jfo upon completion of the Indigo pilot program. I was checking the program website(Apply - Indigo Pilot Program - Gondia (http://www.caeoaa.com/indigo/apply/#.VcoOTCaqqko)) and it says that applicants will go through a written test (math,physics and english) , I was just wondering that how hard will be the test! And also what are the chances of me getting in the program in one try?

AA350XWB
11th Aug 2015, 20:10
@anshul The CAE-IndiGo contract expires next year. They had signed a 5 year contract in 2011 and currently there is no news of an extension/update.
Considering it takes 48 months to complete the full course, you might wanna re-consider. :)
Also I think there is no guarantee of JFO. You still have to go through the CASS. You're exempted from the written exams though.

cyrilroy21
22nd Aug 2015, 11:37
@AA350XWB

The CAE IndiGo contract has no bearing on the LOI issued by IndiGo . IndiGo will hire if you finish the program nothing more nothing less

And no it does not take 48 months ( 4 years ) to finish the program . It definitely does not take 48 months to fly 200 hours .
Passing the theory exams on the other hand is only under your control and has nothing do with either CAE or IndiGo

I'll admit there are no guarantees in the program but then there are no guarantees in the Aviation field whatsoever

And no cadet pilots dont need to undergo CASS because they will already have done with CASS and an interview before joining as a cadet pilot
After obtaining the CPL candidates proceed directly for type rating and join IndiGo all this time while drawing a salary as well ( something not available to outside CPL holders )

AA350XWB
22nd Aug 2015, 19:03
The CAE IndiGo contract has no bearing on the LOI issued by IndiGo . IndiGo will hire if you finish the program nothing more nothing lessSo if he enrolls now he'll get in, what if someone enrolls in 2017/18 will he get in too?

And no it does not take 48 months ( 4 years ) to finish the program . It definitely does not take 48 months to fly 200 hours .
Passing the theory exams on the other hand is only under your control and has nothing do with either CAE or IndiGoSomeone above said it takes 36-48 months so I just assumed the worst case scenario.:O

I'll admit there are no guarantees in the program but then there are no guarantees in the Aviation field whatsoever

And no cadet pilots don't need to undergo CASS because they will already have done with CASS and an interview before joining as a cadet pilot
After obtaining the CPL candidates proceed directly for type rating and join IndiGo all this time while drawing a salary as well ( something not available to outside CPL holders ) :ooh:Thank-you for this info sir. :)

cyrilroy21
23rd Aug 2015, 07:48
So if he enrolls now he'll get in, what if someone enrolls in 2017/18 will he get in too?

If someone want to enrol in 2017/2018 for the IndiGo Cadet Pilot program with CAE that means IndiGo should still have an active contract in place with CAE for training cadet pilots

If IndiGo does not have a cadet pilot program in 2017/18 then obviously one cannot enrol in the program

You seem to be confusing the IndiGo cadet pilot program with the pilots who enter the normal CPL program at NFTI

The pilots who enter the normal CPL program are not treated any different to other CPL holders . They have to pass the written , CASS and interview in order to join IndiGo just like any other CPL holder

The IndiGo cadet pilots give a written exam , CASS and interview before being accepted as an IndiGo Cadet Pilot . They are given an IndiGo employee number and paid a monthly salary as well from day one they join NFTI . That is you are paid during the entire duration of your pilot training . But in return Cadets have to agree to sign a 5 year contract to fly with IndiGo

AA350XWB
23rd Aug 2015, 10:46
If someone want to enrol in 2017/2018 for the IndiGo Cadet Pilot program with CAE that means IndiGo should still have an active contract in place with CAE for training cadet pilots

If IndiGo does not have a cadet pilot program in 2017/18 then obviously one cannot enrol in the program

You seem to be confusing the IndiGo cadet pilot program with the pilots who enter the normal CPL program at NFTI

The pilots who enter the normal CPL program are not treated any different to other CPL holders . They have to pass the written , CASS and interview in order to join IndiGo just like any other CPL holder

The IndiGo cadet pilots give a written exam , CASS and interview before being accepted as an IndiGo Cadet Pilot . They are given an IndiGo employee number and paid a monthly salary as well from day one they join NFTI . That is you are paid during the entire duration of your pilot training . But in return Cadets have to agree to sign a 5 year contract to fly with IndiGo Ohhhhhhhhh:ooh::ooh::ooh:. So it's like that. Got it.:ok::ok:. That is nice.