PDA

View Full Version : Any relation between EK and QR?

enthusiast
5th May 2012, 15:20
If a candidate who successfully completed all assessment process of QR and is waiting for due date for joining applies to EK, will the situation that he already got hired by QR causes him to fail on interview of EK? vice versa.

Any comment would be really appreciated!!

MrMachfivepointfive
5th May 2012, 15:27
Dont think so. EK and QR have a relationship of mutual respect, but not really one of cooperation.

7one7
5th May 2012, 16:18
Ex colleague of mine passed both assesments at the same month, got a job offer from Qatar but chose EK. Not a problem.

enthusiast
5th May 2012, 16:52
But, if QR is switched to a national carrier of uae in the question above, the answer would be different, wouldn't it?

Anyway, Thank you very much. satisfied than I expected.

windshear-a-head
5th May 2012, 18:09
Well considering Qatar is not in the UAE ermmmm ... No

vinayak
6th May 2012, 00:12
https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/graphics/maps/large/ae-map.gif

Capital name: Abu Dhabi

7 emirates (imarat, singular - imarah); Abu Zaby (Abu Dhabi), 'Ajman, Al Fujayrah, Ash Shariqah (Sharjah), Dubayy (Dubai), Ra's al Khaymah, Umm al Qaywayn (Quwain)

Maybe you meant etihad?

three eighty
6th May 2012, 09:39
Enthusiast.
I think they missed the gist of your second question ie would the same apply if your original question had been between the Abu Dhabi based airline and the Dubai based airline.
The answer remains the same. If you interviewed with both, you would not be disadvantaged and could accept whichever job offer suited you best.

enthusiast
6th May 2012, 11:00
three eighty,
You are exactly right!! People could often misunderstand me because of my poor English. I didn't just want to mention name of flagship based in AUH. I truly appreciate your understanding and the answer the most.

NG_Kaptain
6th May 2012, 11:41
This forum is limited with the exclusion of mention of one of the players.

White Knight
6th May 2012, 12:28
People could often misunderstand me because of my poor English

You'll need at least ICAO Level 4 English. And even then, expect a telephone call from EK recruitment verifying that you can converse and understand English well.

groundtoflightdeck
6th May 2012, 13:17
Question about that... I have no language proficiency stamp on my license, it's Canadian so pretty clearly I can speak it... Is this stamp something they do in some countries? I just said I'm a 5.

Iver
6th May 2012, 14:11
What is the current status of pilot "movement" among the 3 big airlines - EK, QR and that other airline (which shall never be named again)?

Is there still an informal "understanding" so that pilots can't move from one to another? I thought I had read that EK and QR had such an understanding - no interviewing of existing pilots. What a shame if that is the case. Competition for the best pilots is what helps to keep wages/benefits higher....

crazy_max
6th May 2012, 15:06
Yes, there is still that unspoken agreement that they don't poach pilots from each other, and I believe that also goes for that third one that cannot be mentioned cause we will get the kooties. You can apply to any of them, at the same time, that's all fine. But once you are in, you can't jump ship to the other one. At least that's the way they've done it for years, I see this changing very soon.

flyforfood1
6th May 2012, 15:17
A move between QR and the 'other' airline is entirely possible and is being done...as for EK i'm not sure. :confused:

speedhold
6th May 2012, 16:11
@ crazy max
And others
That's not true I know a guy that was at ek on.the 330/340 that went to etihad about a year and half ago ..... Just my 2 cents.....