PDA

View Full Version : OZ IN EUROPE

DESCEND WHEN READY
11th Sep 2001, 14:50
G'Day fellow PPRUNERS

I am currently 20 and I have Australian CPL/ME IFR and Instructor rating and completing ATPL theory at the moment. Can anyone tell us If anyone in Europe, in terms of airlines, would accept Oz qualifications.
I have an English passport which I have been told is a big advantage.
I have recently been to England and seen pilots with 230 hours get jobs on 737's etc. I know that they have met all the requirements to be there and good for them, good luck to anyone who can afford to fly in Europe! however it is a shame they have missed out on real flying experiences. These guys miss out on the chance to really learn to fly an aeroplane at its basics which I have seen is the most rewarding. With all respect to them I would like to see how they would go flying single pilot IFR Charters down to minimas without a TOGA button and Audio altitude calls.
This is not designed in any way to have a dig at these people because they have obviously still put in the work to be where they are however they have missed out on the most satisfying part of flying.
Maybe airlines who employ these pilots could start looking more closely at foreign licenses where pilots have experience which could one day be of great benfit to the flightdeck.