PDA

View Full Version : STAFF CAR PARK EXTORTION AT MAN-BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU OR WHAT!!!!

Captain Slack Bladder
7th Dec 2001, 14:31
There are all sorts of horror stories of airport staff arriving back to their wheels after a days work to find that a clamp has been fitted by a company called Excel Parking. One guy had his car clamped because the area code on his disc was not fully visible in the window. Another used a loan car while his own was broken and even left a big note in the window stating who he was and who he worked for, along with a contact name at said employer and yep you've guessed it!! Is it not time that employers started to lean on Geoff Muirhead to stop persecuting their staff? If this were my business, rather than a local council owned operation, I would never treat my customers with such contempt. Any more horror stories out there? :mad: :mad: :mad:

[ 07 December 2001: Message edited by: Captain Slack Bladder ]

FLARE DAMIT
7th Dec 2001, 23:03
What on earth is going on at this airport, i've heard many horry stories of greed and ineptitude by this idiotic management, but that takes the cake. Are'nt the companies using a bit of their muscles to sort out this crap, or are we just going to do the British norm and act like an ostrich (heads in the sand). Infuriating or what. I suppose flight delays for awhile due to the parking situation could help spur our companies in to action?

ShotOne
8th Dec 2001, 03:32
Yip, been ripped off too. Screwing flight crew is obviously a nice little earner. How about we set up an excel fan club

411A
8th Dec 2001, 19:56
Take the train...or have wifey drop you off.
Simple, ain't it.
OR...BillTheCoach offers door to door service.
Some never learn :rolleyes:

Greek God
9th Dec 2001, 22:06
411A what a Beaut.
How on earth had I forgotten the wonderful Public Transport System.

PS anyone know if he's related to the Guv?

Captain Slack Bladder
10th Dec 2001, 02:53
Intelligent reply 411a. Is it safe to assume that you work for Excel? If Bill would like to be on standby 3 days a week from 0300 just in case I need a lift in from my village and then sit around just in case I get delayed for my return journey then you have clearly missed your vocation. You, and only you, should be in charge of public transport policy in the UK. By the way, I've NOT been clamped, but it some of the lowest paid workers at MAN have!

411A
10th Dec 2001, 03:51
Well Capt'n, those "low paid" workers are the very ones that the train (or bus) is meant to serve....and as for flight crew, BillTheCoach offers 24/7 service, holidays included...he never takes time off.
It never ceases to amaze me that flight crew are the ones who whinge the most about the parking at MAN. Have used his service for three years...can't be beat...and NO clamps, no hassle...maximum wait 15 minutes at Tower Road.

E cam
10th Dec 2001, 04:22
Trains don't run in the middle of the night.

Watch your six Bill, he seems really keen on you!

Captain Slack Bladder
10th Dec 2001, 14:58
So what's the going rate 411? Let's say 20 miles each way at 0500 then drop off at 1800. I only have to put 1 gallon in my car which I would still own if I lived in the Radisson. Perhaps we should all go back to horse and cart. :rolleyes:

411A
10th Dec 2001, 18:04
Not sure about the rate Capt'n, but give a call. The company paid all of my expenses, but i'm sure you could negotiate a reasonable cost, especially if you brought in more crew members.
Is it not worth the reduced stress?