PDA

View Full Version : Water, water every where...

Cacophonix
3rd May 2012, 15:40
Water, water, every where,
And all the boards did shrink;
Water, water, every where,
Nor any drop to drink

And then that incorrigble, unelected cabal of toadies, charlatans, fools and cynics that own or have shares in the water companies here in the UK came up with this nonsense! It boils my piss (mods - I mean my water).

What do they take the British public for?

Bills must rise to combat drought in future, Lords warn - Nature - Environment - The Independent (http://www.independent.co.uk/environment/nature/bills-must-rise-to-combat-drought-in-future-lords-warn-7707607.html)

Investment gentlemen and better l'eau governance by your lackies in the gross corpulence of their water companies and do not burden hard working men and women with you contempt anymore. Our humour is no longer dry!

Picks up umbrella and goes...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdxCx7GilbQ

Caco

vulcanised
3rd May 2012, 17:20
8uCsvWgmjwg&feature=related

Cacophonix
3rd May 2012, 17:23
To put it simply "they" are about to blame the British public for a "drought" that basically arises because the water companies have mismanaged resources and put corporate profit and shareholders before anything else. Pipes hemorrhaging water and not enough reservoirs and infrastructure provision but hell the public leave taps on and drip by drip we will bleed them dry.

You can't make this country up sometimes. It makes me realize that parts of Africa are less supine and probably less corrupt.

It is raining again by the way here in the South East! ;)

Caco

rgbrock1
3rd May 2012, 17:26
You think that's bad, Caco? (It is, and something needs to be done about it) Here in the great US state of Connect-The-Crap the local water companies not only charge exorbitant amounts of money for water coming INTO ones' humble abode, they also charge you for the shit that comes OUT of your home as well. And then the local government adds a tax on top of both.

They can all kiss my arse, though, because the house the Mrs. and I bought has a well. So no one gets a dime from us. (Aside from when we have to call the local shit sucker to come and empty our septic system. But even this is cheaper than the embezzled monies demanded by the local water thugs.)

Cacophonix
3rd May 2012, 17:31
they can all kiss my arseAs you said, this kind of thing goes to source of life. They can kiss my ... wars have been fought for less. Water rights ...

Ted Nugent-Kiss My Glock - YouTube

Amen RGB. :ok:

Caco

green granite
3rd May 2012, 17:34
The last hosepipe ban saved 5% of water, at the same time leaking pipes wasted 24%.

Sprogget
3rd May 2012, 17:46
The last time I read anything you wrote, I was 85% bored, 13% laughing & 2% interested. Love stats me.

Cacophonix
3rd May 2012, 17:56
The last time I read anything you wrote, I was 85% bored, 13% laughing & 2% interested. Love stats me.

So you are a fan... ;)

What's up tonight Sprogget? Corns hurting... ?

Just for you. Chill your gnarly mind.. :ok:

Todd Snider ~ Statistician Blues ~ Whispering Beard Folk Festival 2011 - YouTube

Caco

G-CPTN
3rd May 2012, 17:56
Suggestion that some water companies have sold-off reservoirs for housing development, but it might just be speculation . . .

BBC News - Reservoir sell-offs 'causing water shortages' (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-17929210)

BBC News - Severn Trent sells off former reservoirs (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-15305411)

stuckgear
3rd May 2012, 18:00
how many other countries could boast a water shortage and flooding at the same time ? Makes you proud to be British !! :bored:

play the ball not the player.

Cacophonix
3rd May 2012, 18:07
play the ball not the player.

I appreciate your sentiment stuckgear. Wonder what happened to sprogget's "dry" sense of humor? :ok:

Caco

stuckgear
3rd May 2012, 18:15
I appreciate your sentiment stuckgear. Wonder what happened to sprogget's "dry" sense of humor? http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/thumbs.gif

have a bit of a drought / flood ?

back to the thread...

perhaps its time that the the gummint clearly lays out on the table that the water companies have 12 months to put a strategic plan in place to reduce losses on their end and planning infrastructure improvements, without increasing customers costs or limiting customer usage, or the water companies will re nationalised due to non performance.

ZOOKER
3rd May 2012, 18:18
Will the 4000 brand-new BMW's used by "IOC VIPSs" go unwashed?
LORD COE, we await your response.
How many of the 'warning Lords' have any kind of environmental science qualification?
"Bills must rise", - because Britain has previously failed to invest in it's long-term future.
A shame.

tony draper
3rd May 2012, 18:22
Take everybody in charge of Offwat Offgas and Offgen outside and shoot em,replace them with people who cannot be bribed or bought the instant they sit down behind their desks.
Once watched the spokesman for Offgas actually apologizing on television for the rise in gas prices on behalf of the suppliers,what chance do we have with arsoles like that charged with overseeing the thieving scumbags in the utilities.
:suspect:

rgbrock1
3rd May 2012, 18:27
Take them all outside and shoot 'em, Tony D?

You and I would get along just splendidly, we would!

tony draper
3rd May 2012, 18:31
One is not a person who would be ungenerous with the ammunition if one was in charge Mr Rock.
:rolleyes:

Loose rivets
3rd May 2012, 18:51
One is still wondering who all these people are that need to live in reservoirs, and indeed on Walton on the Naze Meer.

50 million when I was ten years old. And now, how many?

I know, I know . . . but I bet me last quid it was over 100 million. Tony wold need a lot of ammo.

rgbrock1
3rd May 2012, 18:52
Well, Tony D, be that as it may if you ever find yourself in charge I'd like to offer my services. I wouldn't, however, want anything to do with the doling out of ammo. I would, conversely, want to use as much of it as is available. (Well placed head shots notwithstanding.)

loose wrote:

and indeed on Walton on the Naze Meer. Does that have anything to do with Walton mountain?

How many, Loose? Too many. Way too many. And way too many with gaping pie holes which never close. Time to cull the herd. Tony? Grab some ammo, we're a goin' a huntin'!!!!!!

ZOOKER
3rd May 2012, 19:24
SE of the 'Tees-Exe' line, the potential for reservoir construction isn't great.
I remember an early hydrology lecture when the recently-filled Rutland Water was described as "Putting water out to dry", due to its shallow depth against its 'evaporating surface-area'.
The best reservoirs will always be in the glacially-over-deepened valleys of the NW of the British isles.
To quote one of my musical heroes, "It Ain't Why, It Just Is".
Let's get some pipes running NW-SE. ASAP. :ok:

stuckgear
3rd May 2012, 19:37
"It Ain't Why, It Just Is".

and that is the reason why the population growth in the south is proven as not being sustainable.

Solid Rust Twotter
3rd May 2012, 19:40
One is not a person who would be ungenerous with the ammunition if one was in charge Mr Rock.

Ammo is expensive. What's wrong with a guillotine or the good old headsman?

tony draper
3rd May 2012, 19:47
It is a tiny proportion of the population that is screwing us Mr Twotter,there is enough left standing of the Roman wall tall enough to line em all up agin I reckon.
:)

vulcanised
3rd May 2012, 19:48
RxAQwMNXlic

tony draper
3rd May 2012, 20:03
Good stuff Mr V,Marty did the best ever version of that number:ok:

ZOOKER
3rd May 2012, 20:20
Oddly enough, the line, "It ain't why, it just is" comes from a song called 'Summertime In England'. :ok:
Which reminds me, in just over 8 weeks, the nights will start drawing in again. - Soon be Christmas! :E

G&T ice n slice
3rd May 2012, 20:21
The best reservoirs will always be in the glacially-over-deepened valleys of the NW of the British isles.
To quote one of my musical heroes, "It Ain't Why, It Just Is".
Let's get some pipes running NW-SE. ASAP.

It's Cumberland's water hands off!

independence for Cumberland, we'll sell you soft southerners our water and live in luxury on the proceeds

eee Jennings, "Cottage Pie" Tatypots all round

ZOOKER
3rd May 2012, 20:34
G&T,
Not forgetting a magnificent sausage!
And charge the shandy-drinkers a fair penny for the piped refreshment. :ok:

tony draper
3rd May 2012, 20:41
Northern water would be to strong for suveners I reckon.:rolleyes:
They could always dilute it with their beer I suppose.

Solid Rust Twotter
4th May 2012, 05:11
It is a tiny proportion of the population that is screwing us Mr Twotter,there is enough left standing of the Roman wall tall enough to line em all up agin I reckon.

Prolly easier to weld shut the doors of parliament and then torch the place, Mr D.

Krystal n chips
4th May 2012, 05:51
" The best reservoirs will always be in the glacially-over-deepened valleys of the NW of the British isles".

Whilst one is not a geologist, one has long been aware of the criteria for a decent reservoir...and...whilst Leeds would be more problematic, Sheffield would be ideal....sadly, probably a proposal that will never get of the ground despite the evident benefits to the UK.......:E

To be honest, whilst a lot of the blame can, and should be laid at the boardroom troughs of the utilities ( thanks, as ever, to the Rabid Witch ) the UK public also need to be educated....we take water forgranted due, I agree, to the fact that large quantities of the N.Atlantic / Sea arrive on a regular basis.....but we do waste an awful lot on supporting the marketing worlds fabled "lifestyle"..to which we should all, in theory, aspire.