PDA

View Full Version : Northland skydive operation grounded

notaplanegeek
3rd May 2012, 00:48
CAA had grounded two... Any word on why? Couple of friends are supposed to be jumping with them next weekend.

seneca208
3rd May 2012, 00:58
part 115 came into affect on 1st may, those particular guys didn't have approval yet.

DanArcher
3rd May 2012, 01:12
On that note, only 8 of 23 skydive operations in NZ are currently operating due to delays in getting part 115 approval.

Lindstrim
3rd May 2012, 09:22
SunLive - Tandem skydive operators grounded - The Bay's News First (http://www.sunlive.co.nz/news/24737-tandem-skydive-operators-grounded.html)

Just something from the local paper.

baron_beeza
3rd May 2012, 09:45
I am sure there will be two sides to this story but Part 115 has been coming for a long time.
I have to wonder when some of these operators actually got serious about getting their applications in. Others in the industry are well used to the Rules and the various Parts.

Is this a case of just last minute rush or have the CAA been slowing the process down ?
We should all know by now that any air operators certificate is not going to be just handed over until you have dotted the 'i's etc. That is at the very least.

8 out of 23 does seem like a small number.....

I have been involved in setting up several Part 145 hangars. I found the easiest method was to get the operation going along the new requirements first. Once it all seems to be working you can fine tune the exposition to what you are actually doing. Any problem areas are obvious at that point.

This is well before the exposition even looks like getting submitted.

CI300
3rd May 2012, 18:51
it shouldnt have been a surprise to the operators. baron's right.
Ive done a few 119 applications. As said, get it submitted aginst the rule to start with. Then work to mould it more closely to the way you want to operate.
Of course, you still need to operate in accordance with your submitted exposition!

haughtney1
3rd May 2012, 19:01
yeah, damn shame..real shame, anyway I clicked on the link and ended up here. The Lovely Hannah (http://sunlive.co.nz/news/22974)....all I can say is phoooooaaaar I should have taken up a career in local news:E

Kharon
3rd May 2012, 19:45
H1 - yeah, damn shame..real shame, anyway I clicked on the link and ended up here.

Bit harsh, that's a good link - lots of aviation content :-
Nothing’s ‘better than dog’ - A quick weekend highlight in which I viewed an Australian dog skydiving has triggered my curiosity to find out for just how long back into history man’s best friend has taken this plunge.

Report on CASA post activity bonding sessions.
A neighbourhood support group approached Stuart at a mayoral forum with concerns of “lewd behaviour” on the stretch of beach opposite Sunbrae Grove

Acid tongue in cheek look at the new training centre
A Katikati supermarket is closed for business following reports construction work on the building is causing people to become ill.

Should be mandatory reading, deep insightful stuff for the serious, well informed aviation tragic.:D

Lindstrim
4th May 2012, 22:08
Whoops sorry about the link. Thought it would stay the same.