PDA

View Full Version : Unsatisfied demand for flights to Rugby final

carlrsymington
2nd May 2012, 10:49
Cost of flights to Twickenham has left Ulster rugby fans feeling ill - Northern Ireland, Local & National - Belfasttelegraph.co.uk (http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/northern-ireland/cost-of-flights-to-twickenham-has-left-ulster-rugby-fans-feeling-ill-16152450.html)

There appears to be demand for at least a couple of A320 sized charters. Anyone on here with the ability & desire to organize a few charters from Belfast to London (Luton). Anyone aware of any charters being planned?

flying officer kite
2nd May 2012, 10:56
im a little surprised Jet2 havent caught onto this, they've utilised 757s for this in the past out of Belfast

LBIA
2nd May 2012, 11:18
Jet2 currently have a problem as they short of aircraft to charter out at the moment over the weekends due to aircraft been out of service. I understand that the 757's are having to cover 737 flying duties out of some bases.

PPRuNeUser0176
2nd May 2012, 11:46
Jet2 currently have a problem as they short of aircraft to charter out at the moment over the weekends due to aircraft been out of service. I understand that the 757's are having to cover 737 flying duties out of some bases.

They hadn't any problems providing aircraft last weekend to DUB.

Ryanair have added extra flights from LDY to STN.

Just a spotter
2nd May 2012, 12:55
Booked mine, and the hotel months ago. Now looking forward to what should be a damn fine revisiting of the oldest inter-provincial rivalry in Irish rugby.

;)

(Leinster Fan .. since back in the days of games in Donnybrook with only a handfull of spectators present)

carlrsymington
2nd May 2012, 13:07
Says Andrea Hayes, Flybe’s Regional General Manager: "“As soon as the whistle blew at the Aviva Stadium last Saturday we knew that the demand for seats to England would be huge given the incredible support of the Ulster fans. The logistics of scheduling additional last-minute flights for such an event is complex so we’ve pulled out all the stops to see what we can do ..... welcome news to another 78 supporters who will now be able to cheer our team to victory in Twickenham"

:rolleyes:

Marketing speak at it's finest. 1 extra flight ! This smacks more of Flybe grabbing free publicity, while making more than a few quid.

BHD- LGW Return fare out Friday, back Sunday £286.19
Cheapest Southampton out Saturday, back Sunday £180 - plenty more expensive.

Stand up for the Ulstermen -- more like stand and deliver.

redED
2nd May 2012, 14:20
Flybe running charters from BFS and DUB as well as their normal schedule.

Standard Noise
6th May 2012, 21:51
Boo hoo, nasty airlines, boo hoo. They're in business to make money fer gawd's sake! It's not as if they've laid on extra flights and then demanded a second mortgage for each seat! Lo costs are only lo cost if you play their game, not if you book at short notice on a high demand service!
Instead of bitching, people should join the supporters clubs and badger them to organise charters.

As for Miss Thingummyjig from Flymaybe 'welcome news to another 78 supporters who will now be able to cheer our team to victory in Twickenham'. Give it a rest love, it's not like you're re-enacting the Berlin airlift!:ugh::ugh:

Vitriol and venom ought to be reserved for the shysters at ERC who sell tickets from early in the season to all and sundry, including ticket touts, and only give the finalists less than 10% of the ticket allocation leaving fans at the mercy of the black market. I'd say a couple of hundred sovs for a £45 ticket was worse than a £300 RTN to London with the Orange mob or O'Learyair.

Fortress Twickers here we come................via First Great Western.

racedo
6th May 2012, 22:55
Vitriol and venom ought to be reserved for the shysters at ERC who sell tickets from early in the season to all and sundry, including ticket touts, and only give the finalists less than 10% of the ticket allocation leaving fans at the mercy of the black market. I'd say a couple of hundred sovs for a £45 ticket was worse than a £300 RTN to London with the Orange mob or O'Learyair.

Dunno as know 6 different Munster fans who bought circa 30 tickets between on possibility of them being there and mates coming over for the match who have sold them on for face plus a little bit extra but £10 a ticket extra is for nothing.

I bought 6, 2 for me and some friends but they not interested in it now so littlie and me going and called up some mates of Irish extraction who will pay face value plus they buy lunch down the pub on the day of the match.

Tickets were freely available to everybody so nothing stopping anybody buying them.

Standard Noise
6th May 2012, 23:41
The point I was making Racedo was that the ERC will sell to anybody from the start of the season, but that most of the teams who reach the latter stages will have weekly gates of 10,000 upwards only get small allocations - Ulster were only given 7,500 tickets for their supporters, so the rest have to source tickets elsewhere which is fuelling the second hand market with most people charging way over the odds for the tickets they bought. You've been lucky in knowing people who would rather see friends benefit than fleece people. All I'm getting at is that the ERC would sell out the game even if they held back a decent number of tickets for the clubs reaching the final, say 15-20,000. For a stadium like Twickenham it would still leave 42-52,000 for corporate sponsors and others.

To counter your claim, I've seen plenty of tickets on sale from Limerick and Cork at £120+, so not all Munstermen are being as benevolent as your friends. One bloke in Limerick was looking for £1633 for two tickets last Sunday!

Anyway, enjoy the game!

wannabe-aviator
7th May 2012, 06:04
I know one company that was willing to deploy A320 with 180 seats on the 18th for 2 flights and 1 flight on the 19th at 170 Euros return for the Munster Supporters club negotiations are ongoing with said company but if anyone thinks they can get 180 folks for the flights then PM I will forward said company's contact info.