PDA

View Full Version : Aer Lingus Cadet Requirements

St Andrews 1
1st May 2012, 21:56
Hello All

I was hoping somebody could answer my question please.

What was the 2011 Entry requirements for the Aer Lingus Cadet Scheme? I have being looking around but can't find them. Also could you please tell me what they are in respect to the UK system ie GCSE's and A Levels.

Will there be an Aer Lingus Cadet Programme this year or not?

Thanks in advance.

flyergirl1985
1st May 2012, 23:05
My friend said 2 of this years cadets were offered the BA scheme but rejected their place once they secured the Aer Lingus scheme.

Kevmyyster
10th May 2012, 22:35
Does anyone know where I could get info about aer lingus cadet ship or any similar program? Or does anyone know when this program would be available again I believe it's currently closed! Wud appreciate info guys!!

glide_approach
12th May 2012, 23:08
You might have seen this one already, but boards.ie (and somewhere on pprune...) talked about the last program a fair bit. If you do a search for "Aer Lingus cadet" on boards.ie, you'll get plenty of results, but I think the main one was the following

AL Cadet programme - boards.ie (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056273775)

125 pages of the best advice, rumours, drivel etc in that one, so grab yourself a pot of coffee, a pen and paper, and take a look. It'd probably be no harm to call the AL HR department and ask them what their plans might be for the next cadet program, and ask them if they could send you some info on the last/future progams.

Best of luck with it :ok:

BerksFlyer
22nd May 2012, 14:23
B4S,

That was my initial thought. However, if posts on this forum were to be believed, Aer Lingus were sponsoring 75% of training costs. Assuming you weren't to have the money up-front, you would be financially better off at Aer Lingus than BA for quite a while. BA provided no sponsorship, only bond repayment (you foot the interest bill).