PDA

View Full Version : In today's New York Times....

chuks
1st May 2012, 15:33
The more I think about the alleged connection between the global Communist conspiracy and those making fantastic allegations about the need to act now to prevent Global Warming, when the basic premise seems to be that to do anything much about our consumption of hydrocarbons shall destroy our sacred capitalist way of life, exactly what those godless Commies want us to do... I really have to wonder sometimes about the timing and placement of some news articles. There might well be something going on there in Times Square, New York City, something we should be told about!

Today is, of course, May Day, when those Commies parade through Red Square singing the Internationale and the praises of their system. Here at home, the New York Times is celebrating May Day with a front-page article, backed up with a full page inside the first section, about how the last credible hold-out from what '97%' of all climate scientists accept, the notion that the 1.5º rise in global temperature mostly over the last 40 years is due to emissions of carbon dioxide due to the activities of man, seems to have lost most of his support from other climate scientists.

From what I, a non-scientist, could understand, it's all about the formation of low clouds that block the sunlight from warming the surface versus high clouds that trap heat, when the last hold-out is going for the low clouds keeping us reasonably cool, but the rest of his colleagues are going for the high ones causing yet more warming. It seems that they are looking at 'la Niña' now to attempt to settle this issue, taking it for a smaller-scale model of the warming of the entire global climate.

Of course it could be that this one fellow is right when everyone else is wrong, but it's inarguable that the timing of the Times article does seem to support our time-honored notion that the Reds never went away, that they are still not just under our beds but also in the editorial offices of the New York Times.

sitigeltfel
1st May 2012, 15:38
the Reds never went away

True, they just changed the colour of their flag to Green.

chuks
1st May 2012, 15:47
Ah. The 'Watermelon' theory, eh? I am not 100% convinced of that, but the timing of this article does give one pause. Why May Day?

What a pity that Senator Joseph McCarthy is no longer with us, but perhaps Lyndon LaRouche can come up with some answers to this conundrum. Anyway, have a look at the article; it makes a good read, plus it has some colored diagrams.

G&T ice n slice
1st May 2012, 16:15
the internationale...

isn't that the one that goes
"Por el honor, la Patria y la justicia,
luchamos hoy en este amanecer." (etcetera)

ArthurR
1st May 2012, 16:19
1st of May is one day I have always thought of as a communist holiday, here (well Berlin) the police this year are prepared,

High-tech water cannon ready for Berlin May Day - The Local (http://www.thelocal.de/national/20120430-42263.html)

trouble every year.

Noticing the ages of those that have posted, is it only we that see the connection?

rgbrock1
1st May 2012, 17:38
I see the connection. And I'm not even as old as some of the posters here!!!!!

11Fan
1st May 2012, 17:39
It's because the younger ones were edumacated that red is good.

rgbrock1
1st May 2012, 17:46
Edumacated? I wasn't edumacated. And certainly not that way.
Conversely, I was edumacated along the lines of:

Kill a commie for mommy!!!!! Or, better dead than red.

green granite
1st May 2012, 17:56
It is interesting to note that the politicization of organisations such as Green peace, Friends of the Earth and the WWF started shortly after the collapse of the Soviet Union and the ending of the KGB's funding of various western groups and also the rise of the CAGW started around this time as well.