PDA

View Full Version : Cabin Crew Pay (Air NZ vs other)

SilverSkies
30th Apr 2012, 04:15
Hey all! I'm wondering on the pay rates for new cabin crew at Air New Zealand. I'm at the final "vetting stages", swimming test, reference checks etc. I currently live in Hamilton where my rent is very cheap in comparison to Auckland (where I would need to move).
My options would be to initially fly Domestic ($27,487NZ base salary for the first 6 months) or Tasman Pacific ($29,661 for first year). I'm wondering about allowances, I know that Long Haul crew would get paid allowances for meals etc while staying away from home, but because domestic and Trans Tasman is vastly same day travel, I don't think we would get this??
What would be a fair guess for monthly or weekly pay, everything included?
I've heard after a few years Virgin Blue crew can make $60,000AU base, is this correct? Any inside info would be great!!
Thankyou

highfly101
13th May 2012, 03:10
Congrats ,air nz are a great company you get a trip allowance(sign on -to sign off) of $4 p/hour that may have changed burt was like that whne I was there plus phone allowances etc and all your meals are provided on board which is great I use to get about 12-1400 per fortnight deoending on overnighta etc .As for Vb crew making that money well yes on the old contract new recruits are on avbout 32,000 aud plus allowances so 45-50k but Air Nz are the best company to work for you are soo lucky.

vbsydcc
6th Jun 2012, 11:08
I was very luck to get into Virgin not long before a new EBA was voted up - the difference in pay is quite substantial. Year one is $38,000 per year plus allowances and Year 5 is $50469 - so yes, crew on the old eba can and do earn over $60K a year - tho you have to be away at least 10 nights a month to get it - I'm hardly ever at home, but I love being away :O