PDA

View Full Version : The Question is; Airbus or Boeing?

limesoda
29th Apr 2012, 20:51
Type rating's for newly graduated ATPL candidates. Where is the expansion and higher possibility of growth in? Airbus or Boeing?

zondaracer
29th Apr 2012, 21:13
Neither, COMAC ARJ21 and C919 are the future. Just ask MO

pudoc
29th Apr 2012, 21:16
I rang various recruitment companies a few years ago during my research and they said there are more Boeing rated pilots. I don't think that means get a TR on an A320 either though.

BerksFlyer
29th Apr 2012, 21:16
Whatever type the employer is wanting to put you on...

i_like_tea
29th Apr 2012, 21:26
I'm biased and say Airbus.. but a type rating will only help you when you have some hours on type... the magic number is normally at least 500.

FlyingSportsman
29th Apr 2012, 21:28
For new ATPL's would have to say A320, but again depends on the location. Look at FR for example with 737- looking at taking over many more orders other airlines cant pay for, where are you talking & at what stage of a career?

aviofreek
29th Apr 2012, 21:40
And how about saving the money and then when the job opportunity rises you're ready to pay for TR on whatever plane your future employer wants you?
Common sense? Logic? Do they teach that in flight schools?

(Sorry for the sarcasm, but this was actually a "polite" version of the thing that first crossed my mind)

i_like_tea
29th Apr 2012, 22:22
From looking at the age i'd say this chap is someone looking at getting into training, and is looking through those darling rose tingled glasses and thinks that you choose your type, pay for the rating and hey presto, the airlines will be sending their information to you so you can choose which airlines you'd like to fly for.

Sadly, most of us have been there and realise it doesn't work like that..

Good luck, whichever type or airline you end up, you'll enjoy it :)

pudoc
29th Apr 2012, 22:52
And how about saving the money and then when the job opportunity rises you're ready to pay for TR on whatever plane your future employer wants you?
Common sense? Logic? Do they teach that in flight schools?

Did he say he was buying a TR for the fun? He probably hasn't even started training.

Jerry Lee
30th Apr 2012, 08:42
The one that will get me a job I will be paid for.

limesoda
1st May 2012, 18:37
Ahh sorry! You've got me all wrong! I haven't started training but i am studying at Oxford next year. The main reason for asking was basically what you guys thought would be the break through in Aircraft over the next few years. Of course i am aware that i am one of thousands queueing up for a job that may or may not come, but at the end of the day, we all share the same passion. Thanks for the advice, i like being involved in this community even though i have yet to start! Cheers