PDA

View Full Version : Passenger Traffic Trend relationship with Jobs

alex230380
28th Apr 2012, 18:32
World's busiest airports by passenger traffic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World%27s_busiest_airports_by_passenger_traffic#See_also)

As a recently licenced commercial, I'm reading these statistics (reliable source) and I see a general growth in the number of passenger travelling by airplane. I assume that more passengers means also more airplanes (or simply optimizing current assets and resources???), more airplanes means....more pilot jobs :rolleyes:??? Looks like, despite crises, people needs to move increasingly and this makes me cautiously optimistic.
What's your opinion?

BigNumber
28th Apr 2012, 19:07
Definitely; you can already see plenty of pilot jobs being created.

First the Type rated guy's get employed, but soon companies will have to recruit less experienced starts.

We are seeing the start of a huge period of growth in aviation and pilot jobs.

Give it 6-9 months.:ok:

truckflyer
28th Apr 2012, 23:09
Bigger airplanes means more passengers, and less pilots!

You will read what you want to read out of such stats! I know, been there, thought that, just to convince myself it was going to be ok and get better!

Luke SkyToddler
29th Apr 2012, 04:56
Not all pax growth is good for pilots, if you can't get a job there!

All the growth is in Asia and the middle east, which is great if you're a very experienced jet pilot and are interested in moving to China or Qatar, but it's not a place for newbies. The USA is a closed shop for US citizens. The only European airports on the list are the secure fortresses of the big legacy airlines (Heathrow, Charles-de-Gaulle, Frankfurt) and let's be honest you have more chance to win the Euro Millions than you do to get a job with BA, Air France or Lufthansa right now. Even more so if you're a non national.

You could even make a very strong argument, that an increase in passenger numbers in a place like Dubai or Singapore, what you're actually seeing is one less passenger that would probably have flown on a European airline 20 years ago.

wingreencard
29th Apr 2012, 07:33
let's be honest you have more chance to win the Euro Millions than you do to get a job with BA, Air France or Lufthansa right nowtotally right, I won the green card lottery recently, (I would have prefered the euro lottery, the 300 millions). Never got a job in europe...more chance to win Green card lottery these days.This situation is desperate and can only go worse.25% unemployed in Spain, urgh!

I don't see anything good for the next 7 years except for the USA(we are back into recession).Believe what you want, yes airlines need thousand of pilots(they always say they need millions of pilots, f...liars!!!), they are desperate!but they don't want us.You can still try if you like to lose money.

keep in mind, these big planes fly with only 2 pilots (380/747). The 380 has 2 pilots and the airline squeeze flight time to maximum, like this they don't need to hire new more pilots(or they hire through p2f program) .In the futur we will have 1 pilot plane, and later 0 pilot. Well who knows?

And if you think about Asia? they only hire captains, and train and recruit their own locals? forget about it.

not worths anymore! time to eject for many of us! eject, eject, eject!