PDA

View Full Version : A320 seating and arm position?

WhySoTough
28th Apr 2012, 09:44
Just wondering how much it really matters.
I don't memorize much on the seating.

I use the red and white ball, Make sure I'm sitting comfortably, and bring the pedals somewhere close.
Arm position number is not what I look for since my seating position isn't exactly 100 percent the same all th time, so I just bring it to a position that makes me comfortable.

Is this the wrong way to do it?
I know some people don't even use the ball for the seating, but how should I know if it's "working" for me?
I just make sure I'm not too low, and have a good view outside.
I'm a newbie on the 320 btw, so just looking for insight.

Thanks in adv guys.

eckhard
28th Apr 2012, 14:14
Although the same arm-rest setting is supposed to work on any Airbus, I find that there are small differences between individual airframes (unsurprisingly).

Even so, I always set 'C5' and the pedals at '8' and then see how it feels. 9 times out of 10 it's fine; occasionally I have to tweak it. Seat fully up and forward until the inboard arm-rest is visually just against the cut-out in the centre console.

Saves time and works for me! (6ft 3in with long legs/arms and short body, in fact a passing resemblance to a gibbon)

Ollie Onion
28th Apr 2012, 14:30
Similar, pedals set to 10, armrest to C5, that is my starting point. Every aircraft needs a bit of tweaking but those settings get me 'close' to where I want to be.

kellykelpie
28th Apr 2012, 14:39
12 on the pedals (full forward) and I'm only 178cm.

Adjust the seat height til you can't see the FMA, as it's annoying when it changes :}

i_like_tea
28th Apr 2012, 17:40
I find it depends a bit on the age of the a/c, and to how low you sink into the seats!

I-2021
29th Apr 2012, 09:14
Hi,

try to find out the settings that make you feel comfortable. When you do your flight controls check, make sure that you manage to get full excursion without raising your arm from the armrest and when you go full up/down you don't move the ailerons or raise the spoilers. Basically all the work has to be done by your wrist with no excursions of your fore harm. Remember these settings then and it'll work fine all the time, maybe with some minor adjustments. With some practice you will find the position that best suits for you.

Enjoy !