PDA

View Full Version : Real Emergency??

Alloa Akbar
27th Apr 2012, 13:36
BBC News - Tottenham Court Road closed after bomb threat reports (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-17869815)

I mean chucking a computer and files out of the window?? I bet it's just some poor bloke who is having snags with Windows 7.. god knows it drives me to distraction at times!!

Mechta
27th Apr 2012, 13:50
Latest reports say he is holding people hostage. Probably the IT department after they told him to 'try turning it off and turning it back on again' for the tenth time this week. :}

IainB
27th Apr 2012, 13:53
Armed with a flamethrower and gas canisters, apparently.

He REALLY doesn't like Win 7!!

MagnusP
27th Apr 2012, 14:08
Work computer? Windows 7?? If only . . . . :(

B Fraser
27th Apr 2012, 14:11
Time to send in the lads from the IT Department in Poole or Hereford before they are outsourced to Mumbai.

rgbrock1
27th Apr 2012, 14:14
I wouldn't have this problem as I'm lucky enough to use Linux at work, both on my laptop and desktop. (Ubuntu Linux to be precise.)

vulcanised
27th Apr 2012, 14:20
Probably had an unsolicited call from those folk who 'detect' a problem with your computer.

sitigeltfel
27th Apr 2012, 15:02
When I saw the headline that he had chucked a PC out the window I thought it referred to "Police Constable" not "Personal Computer".

ShyTorque
27th Apr 2012, 16:01
Some nutter refused an HGV licence. He's not quite mad enough to drive one. :E

Lightning Mate
27th Apr 2012, 17:44
I wonder what an American SWAT team would have done.

Tableview
27th Apr 2012, 17:46
This took place today in Durban.

Published April 27, 2012

JOHANNESBURG South African police say a hostage was freed after they shot dead a gunman holding her at a hospital.
Police say three people were slightly injured when the gunman opened fire at the hospital in the eastern port city of Durban earlier Friday, the South African Press Association reported.
SAPA reports that police official Jay Naicker said the freed hostage was being treated for a gunshot wound.
He said in the four-hour hostage drama the gunman failed to respond to negotiators before police stormed a kitchen area where he was holed up.
The gunman, a former patient, reportedly suffered from a psychiatric condition and had fired his weapon randomly after demanding to see a doctor, hospital officials said.

G-CPTN
27th Apr 2012, 22:09
Tottenham Court Road siege was breaking news without breaking sweat | Metro Blogs (http://blogs.metro.co.uk/news/tottenham-court-road-siege-was-breaking-news-without-breaking-sweat/)

mini
27th Apr 2012, 23:16
Ended with a sh*t load of litter and a disgruntled target.

Will eventually cost millions to "punish" him for six months somewhere... and he'll still be mad?

If this was LA they'd have shot him. Not quite sure why, but it would have ended earlier. Sheriff make the rules out there...