PDA

View Full Version : caa.uk licensing

Ammar87
25th Apr 2012, 12:42
A very good day to all of u,

Hey guys,ive completed my B1.1 and B2 course in aviation australia(147 ATO) last feb,i did 10 weeks OJT right after i finish my course.Few days back,i received a call saying that i got an offer in this company,base in NSW Australia.This company is CASA approved organisation.Can i use the exp that i will gain in that company to lodge an application to caa.uk for my licensing? If yes,do u have any documents to support your claim ? Thanks.

Ammar87
25th Apr 2012, 14:39
thanks for your reply Miles.

D3.1 General
An applicant for a category B1 licence must have
completed a prescribed period of aircraft maintenance
experience. This experience is to be relevant to the
licence category required and to the maintenance
experience of operating aircraft. This experience
should include maintenance on aircraft structure,
powerplant, mechanical and electrical systems and
replacement of avionic LRU’s requiring simple tests to
prove their serviceability.

Is this the statement that u reffering to ? does this means i can work anywhere as long as i work on operating aircraft ? somehow i think theres a catch here somewhere..hmm

BluFin
25th Apr 2012, 17:13
See D 4.5

The ELDG is down for updating your looking at the older archive versions.

With the recent changes to Part 66 & 147 which kick in later in the year the CAA have a seminar planned for the UK 147's next month to introduce it and advise on compliance.

An AMC for 66 was put up last Friday on the EASA web site with more to come I'm sure
CAA logbook is CAP 741
sample link http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/CAP741.PDF

unimo55
30th Apr 2012, 13:36
The preferred CAA engineer's logbook is called CAP 741. Be warned it is ENORMOUS! It may cost more to post than to buy. I don't think that it has any official standing on its own, but the surveyors appear to be impressed if a student has one and it is regularly updated and countersigned.

Ammar87
2nd May 2012, 14:32
thanks for the reply guys.

i have another question regarding the logbook.Aviation Australia did provide me a logbook,all my practical during the course,and my task during OJT are in the logbook.

http://i45.tinypic.com/nbrcw9.jpg
http://i48.tinypic.com/xe4yh2.jpg

when i compared with the sample u guys mentioned,this log book doesnt have the aircraft registration slot.. :hmm:

ironchefflay
2nd May 2012, 22:23
The preferred CAA engineer's logbook is called CAP 741. Be warned it is ENORMOUS!

Not any more, its A5 sized

Miles Gustaph
3rd May 2012, 05:49
The CASA OJT books are also missing the general skills sections and won't cover your demonstration of work that the CAA are looking for

Miles

Ammar87
3rd May 2012, 06:24
but it still acceptable by caa.uk ? if yes,i guess i can use my current logbook right..?

Miles Gustaph
3rd May 2012, 20:16
No the CASA OJT books are not acceptable!
If you read my posts above again it explains why.

I apprciate the standards that CASA operate too are not low, but you are not dealing with CASA you are dealing with an EASA zone country and they do not recognise CASA and have differing application standards.

If you do not apply correctly your application will be rejected and may possibly come with restrictions on your ability to make another application

Miles

NutLoose
3rd May 2012, 21:06
I would email licensing and ask.

spannersatcx
4th May 2012, 17:59
That would be rejected straight away as there are no manual references, i.e. C/O iaw MM xx-yy-zz