PDA

View Full Version : CTC selection day. Latest Affairs

Beechy1
24th Apr 2012, 16:27
Hi there,

I have my selection day for CTC Wings in two weeks time and I need to get familiar with the current affairs regarding airlines etc. Could anyone give me some pointers as to what affairs I should be learning? Also if anyone has any other advice for the selection day, I would be very grateful to here them.

FlyingEagle21
24th Apr 2012, 17:49
Just read the forums!

FlyerJoe
25th Apr 2012, 08:23
Look at the flight Global website- look under airlines and commerical aircraft, new aircraft or airline deals and anything like that are useful to know.

Good Luck

Stonebaked
25th Apr 2012, 10:00
- Check out who CTC'c partner airlines are and get on their websites.
- Use Google News search and read up on recent aviation related articles e.g. APD.
- Get a few magazines and have a flick through them e.g. Flight International, Airliner World.
- It's a good idea to get familiar with some procedures and approaches airlines are using to reduce their impact on the environment e.g. CDA, Single engine taxi.

Good luck.

2 Whites 2 Reds
25th Apr 2012, 13:41
So you're looking to spend 100k but you don't know what's going on in the industry......

After a long night flying maybe I'm being a grumpy sod, so apologies if so, but come on......

Reading the Forums will give you an idea but not an entirely accurate picture. Go and but some industry related magazines....Flight Global, Airiiner World etc etc. Then come back if you're still stuck.

For god sake DO NOT ASK A FLIGHT SCHOOL this question.....the answer will be anything you want to hear so they can prize that money away from your family and into the CTC/OAA/FTE..... coffers.