PDA

View Full Version : ATPL Written Exams in Denmark?

NEDude
23rd Apr 2012, 20:36
Does anyone know of where I can take the EASA (still JAA?) ATPL written exams in Denmark? I have done some searching and have had no luck thus far.

Trolle
24th Apr 2012, 12:15
Don't know myself, but many on this forum (www.pilots.dk)can help. Everybody can speak English.

Although, I would be curious to know why you specifically want Denmark. Prices, options, etc. are not in your favor when considering other JAA countries.

dg808c
25th Apr 2012, 12:16
try learn to fly....if you want a conversion and already have hours, this would probably be the least expensive. "Learn to fly" is a modular school and I did hear ok things about them.

orterwise billund air center, DAC, CAT or do a search there should be 4-5 places to do this.

NEDude
26th Apr 2012, 07:43
Denmark specifically because that is where I have a residence permit and my wife lives. So basically no hotels/travel costs. That is the only real reason. If I have to go to the UK then no huge deal. But if I can cut costs then all the better.

Trolle
27th Apr 2012, 21:34
I considered doing it in DK but the cost was too big a disadvantage. Nearly 5x more for the ATPL theory alone vs. the UK; plus the exams are more expensive than in the UK. Do your homework before making a decision.

NEDude
28th Apr 2012, 10:29
Thank you for the info. It seems to me the UK has the most well defined process for converting an FAA ATP to the EASA ATPL. If the costs are more favorable there then clearly I will head over there for the exams.

Thanks again.

Trolle
29th Apr 2012, 20:20
I recently added JAA licenses to my FAA set...you can read about my journey here:
http://www.pprune.org/professional-pilot-training-includes-ground-studies/464821-faa-jaa-my-experiences-bonus-aviation-merged.html