PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair to TLV?

Chuchinchow
23rd Apr 2012, 19:33
See this: Thrills but no frills as Ryanair eyes Israel | The Jewish Chronicle (http://www.thejc.com/news/uk-news/66601/thrills-no-frills-ryanair-eyes-israel)

Doctor Cruces
23rd Apr 2012, 22:41
It was bad enough sitting with my knees under my chin from STN-DUB. Certainly don't fancy any further!

davidjohnson6
24th Apr 2012, 21:52
Doctor Cruces - while Stansted - Tel Aviv is a long way, Ryanair in fact fly a slightly longer route in Billund - Tenerife, taking an average of 5h10m each way. Seems as if some people in Denmark will put up with it... !

Anyone knowledgable care to give details on what the current bilaterals would allow for an Irish airline between the UK (or France, Germany or Hungary for that matter) and Israel ? With a very small Jewish community in Dublin I very much doubt an Irish route would work more than once or twice per week

The fact that Easyjet flies to Israel from just the UK and Switzerland makes me think that this is not completely open skies

ExXB
25th Apr 2012, 06:49
DJ,

I'm not certain what tHe exact status of the UK - IL BASA but following pressure from BRU all EU member states have been negotiating Community Air Carrier provisions into all their agreements. If the UK was successful, and it looks like they have been, a UK carrier will be any airline owned and controlled by EU nationals which would include Cryanair.

Other EU countries probably have not yet renegotiated their BASA with IL, or if they have nobody has begun operations under the new terms. just like there is (almost) no operations to the USA by a EU carrier from outside their homeland.

Note that Switzerland is not part of this. Squeezy Switzerland, owned 51% by Swiss nationals and 49% by Squeezy UK, operates to IL as a Swiss airline.