PDA

View Full Version : Skyshop in QLD (skyshop.com.au)

chris.brown85
23rd Apr 2012, 07:24
Has anyone bought something online from skyshop.com.au?

First they forgot to send item for over a week, then they say they will send express. Order does not arrive for 1.5 weeks, they do not answer phone, or reply to phone messages or emails. :confused:

Order still has not arrived its been 3 weeks

Just want to know if anyone else has had issues with this shop? or has anyway to contact them?

I urgently need my headset and books for flying training.

23rd Apr 2012, 08:02
Mate, use skylines from moorabbin. Reliable, fast and friendly. They won't screw you round.

chris.brown85
23rd Apr 2012, 08:05
yeah, wish i had used a different shop. i think i'm going to have to order from somewhere else, but still need to get my money back.

falconx
23rd Apr 2012, 08:14
Skyshop has to be the worst going, won't even let you go pick up your order, I threatened legal action before I final got what I paid for 3 weeks later, nothing but excuses

chris.brown85
23rd Apr 2012, 08:18
yeah im heading the same way. at least you got excuses. i dont even get a reply.

Jabawocky
23rd Apr 2012, 08:42
I have picked up stuff there..... But the owner is a little unusual. And he has couriered stuff to me also.

Most likely slack than anything else, have not any reason to suspect he is dishonest so far.

BPA
23rd Apr 2012, 09:57
Recently I purchased from them and chose the pick up option. Received an email a few days later saying that option is no longer available and if I wanted to proceed I would have to pay the cost of postage. I went ahead with the purchase and after a week nothing had arrived. Sent email to them and finally just under 2 weeks after placing the order the stuff arrived. I can get things quicker from the US then this.

BTW the owner also owns a flying school (RAA) at Redcliffe.

Creampuff
23rd Apr 2012, 10:40
I can get things quicker from the US then this.There’s a clue.

Many Australian suppliers must buy their stock from the USA, because the stock is branded in the USA.

Many Australian businesses use ‘just in time’ supply chain management, because it reduces the amount of money sitting on shelves and exposed to exchange rate fluctuation risks.

You join the dots to work out what happens when you submit an order, in Australia, for an item branded in the USA. ;)

BPA
23rd Apr 2012, 11:23
That's not a clue, the stuff I purchased was old stock ( in the shop) and on sale.

maverick22
23rd Apr 2012, 11:55
The guy is an oddball and has the customer service skills of a wombat

falconx
23rd Apr 2012, 12:07
One name "Rod Tyson"

VH-XXX
23rd Apr 2012, 12:17
What type of skills does a Wombat have?

As I understand it, a Wombat eats roots and leaves.

Jabawocky
23rd Apr 2012, 12:36
Mav

Long time no see:ok:

You summed it up...... I was struggling for diplomacy but you have it :ok:

Seabreeze
23rd Apr 2012, 13:50
Bought a couple of DVDs on line from Sportys in the US. Arrived after 4 weeks but did indeed arrive to address as indicated. Credit card appropriately charged. All good!

Only bought there as they were unavailable in Aus.

sb

rocket66
25th Apr 2012, 02:46
Stay away from this clown, he has a shop just down the road from YRED and I have been in to buy stuff when I'm in a pinch. Unfortunately the closest shops are either YBAF of YBSU.

Rocket

YZToby
25th Apr 2012, 03:43
I have been trying to get a response for a few days from them as well but nothing.

On a similar topic does anyone know where to purchase cloth flying helmets (the ones that fit David Clark type headsets)? I've tried several of the bigger pilot supplies shops but none seem to stock them. Any reputable US places online that anyone can recommend?

Wanderin_dave
25th Apr 2012, 03:50
On a similar topic does anyone know where to purchase cloth flying helmets (the ones that fit David Clark type headsets)? I've tried several of the bigger pilot supplies shops but none seem to stock them. Any reputable US places online that anyone can recommend?

Give Skylines at Moorabbin a call, I'm sure I've seen some there.

BPA
25th Apr 2012, 04:17
Quick search and;

Aviation Pilot Supplies: Pilot Supplies - Aviation Gifts - Aviation Train ing Videos - Aeronautical Charts - David Clark Headsets - Pilot Jackets - Aviati on Software - Flight Charts - Flight Bags - Flight Gear - Flight Simulator Softw are - Flight S (http://www.airsource1.com/catalog.cgi/DAVID%20CLARK/HELMET)

Flight Helmets - Chief Aircraft Inc. (http://www.chiefaircraft.com/pilot-shop/flight-helmets.html)

David Clark Cloth Helmet : David Clark - Airplan Flight Equipment (http://www.afeonline.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=68)

chris.brown85
25th Apr 2012, 04:18
Did finally get in contact with him on Monday evening. He told me he has been in Germany for the past two weeks, hence the communications issues.
Anyway my order was hopefully sent express on Tuesday so should be here on Thursday.

falconx
25th Apr 2012, 04:59
As the saying goes I dont like to hear excuses I like to hear results

PA39
25th Apr 2012, 09:21
Its on themarket. Knobshop!!

MadMadMike
25th Apr 2012, 09:50
Didn't realise that Internet and email were unavailable in Germany... :hmm:

CHAIRMAN
25th Apr 2012, 14:23
dave, if you don't have any joy with the cloth helmet, Gibson & Barnes in the US are the go. Simple google search. Service is great and products are excellent.

triathlon
26th Apr 2012, 09:16
I only buy from this mob if I am desperate. He doesn't really seem to be interested in selling you anything. It's as if you are being an inconvenience to him by trying to purchase goods. It's not run as you would expect it to if you were trying to be a successful business. It's the exact opposite. Has to be a tax break for him.