PDA

View Full Version : PC Sim advice

deckchair
23rd Apr 2012, 04:22
Wondering if i can receive advice on the best Flight Sim to get for my PC?
I am specifically after a Dash 8 Q400 cockpit or failing that anything with equivalent avionics?

Can anyone help?

baswell
23rd Apr 2012, 05:44
Someone put some good effort into this one:

Dash 8 Q400 for X-Plane - YouTube

X-Plane is great. Scenery not as pretty as FSX, but flight model more realistic, which is probably what you want...

jas24zzk
23rd Apr 2012, 12:31
X-plane, or Fligthsim X (microsoft)

Don't expect the flight dynamics to be too accurate tho.

Great procedure trainers however.

belly tank
23rd Apr 2012, 21:37
I've had flight sim x for few years and love it. Majestic software do a Q300 however if you want a Q400 buy x plane software.

mattyj
24th Apr 2012, 01:12
Modern warfare 3 ..terrible flight sim but so much more fun than study!!!

AerocatS2A
24th Apr 2012, 03:16
I used to have the Majestic Dash 8 300 on FS2004. It was pretty good and includes all of the instrument/overhead panels etc with working switches and systems. It had some inaccuracies that you probably wouldn't notice but once fixed improved the sim a lot. The major ones were that the nose-wheel steering didn't have enough movement so you couldn't turn tight enough on the ground and the nose attitude was wrong in flight (nose at about 0º in the cruise instead of 2.5º-3º) Both of those were easily fixed in the config file.

craigdcr
28th Apr 2012, 05:59
FlyJSim do a Q400 Package for X Plane. I have it. From a professional pilots perspective and someone looking for a plane where I can fly the correct power setting and attitudes, it is rubbish. The PFD does not have half of the available information displayed.

Majestic, at the time of writing, only do the 300 series. Haven't flown it. However they supposedly supply Dash operators so it should be pretty good.

It is a shame PMDG don't do one as I have their B737NGX and the flight model is very accurate.