PDA

View Full Version : Anyone from Atlanta, GA?

mrsurrey
22nd Apr 2012, 22:03
Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone from Atlanta reads this forums (it seems the whole world is here)?!

Please could you give me a hand figuring out how much it would realistically cost for a 4 bedroom detached house in a safe neighbourhood with good schools and maybe 30mins drive from downtown outside of rush hour?

I've seen adverts for 4 bedroom properties ranging from $200k to $4million which seems a crazy spread, especially given that the city is so small?

Many thanks for any help :ok:

MrS

CityofFlight
23rd Apr 2012, 00:42
That's like asking someone about London and why the vast difference of price ranges. Granted, Atlanta is not the same size, but the differences in where the homes are located is my point.

I frequented Atlanta often (lived 2 hrs away) and there are great areas and others, not so much.

You have to delve down to where you need or want to be close to, then go from there. There are many internet real estate sites. I would consider looking at them and reaching out to an agent.

I will tell you that traffic around Atlanta is as bad as any other city and 30 mins away will cost you, but not anywhere in the upper $ range you posted. Those are the exclusive neighborhoods sitting on acreage.

It's a beautiful part of the country. But in the summer, they don't call it "hotlanta" for nothing! Be prepared and plan around the southern exposure!
:ok:

SASless
23rd Apr 2012, 02:12
Atlanta....small city?

If you consider the Atlanta metro area as being Atlanta....it is a huge place!

Just do not drive there during any kind of snow, sleet, or ice storm!

Rush hour there is known as the Watermelon 500....

http://www.rususa.com/city/images/citymap_atlanta_ga.gif

finfly1
23rd Apr 2012, 02:49
Home of the world's busiest airport. I saw an ad for a condo there last year in the low seven digit range which was basically the entire top floor of a building. It was certainly lovely accomodation.

My daughter lived there awhile and can confirm that it has horrid traffic jams at rush hour.

jet_noseover
23rd Apr 2012, 02:50
take a look at zillow.com and take off from there. googly earth might help you too.

good luck