PDA

View Full Version : Astra/SES Channels

OFSO
22nd Apr 2012, 14:35
When weather bad we usually lose the weak ITV channels first. But past few nights BBC1 and 2 have pixillated. Anyone know if BBC pixies have shifted these channels to a weaker transponder ? Of course it's a coincidence that it started to happen the day after the terrestial switch-over to digital took place.

Wodrick
22nd Apr 2012, 15:52
As I'm sure you are aware BBC moved to Astra 1N on 24th Feb joining the channels that had previously moved there. Here in the deep south, as far as I can tell, nothing has changed and all channels that I look at ( the freesat ones) are substantially the same strength and STRONG. I know that in places in the frozen north there were problems but looking at the various forums these do seem to have disappeared. Been windy up there recently ?

Nightstop
22nd Apr 2012, 17:20
Have you checked for insects inside your LNB? Spiders are a damn nuisance in weak signal areas ;)

OFSO
22nd Apr 2012, 18:33
been windy here ?

NE Spain = Catalunia - has had the worst January-April weather ever, my dish had to be replaced as was distorted with wind damage (180kph on and off over six weeks) and Mrs OFSO's dish has shifted on the pole despite bolts all very tight (on dish, not on Mrs OFSO). Any spiders brave enough to clamber out on the arm to reach the LNB would be using crampons and belays. And when they got there would freeze their little nuts off as with windchill it's been minus 17.8ºc.

Remade F connector termination this arvo, tried several LNB's, reception now better.

Thanks for suggestions, no I didn't know BBC had moved to Astra 1N.

Wodrick
22nd Apr 2012, 19:22
Beautiful winter on the CdS ! only 8 days rain

All moved to 1N , 2D at end of life and I believe failed.