PDA

View Full Version : Air Central West Longreach

Zilberfish
22nd Apr 2012, 00:02
Hi guys, has anyone had anything to do with Air Central West Longreach? Any feed back would be great.

Cheers.

Pilotette
22nd Apr 2012, 00:19
Never worked for them but Phil & Lynne Owens are great, down to earth people and run a good operation. They have 210s, a Bo & a Baron which only really is used on a contract for about 5hrs a month. When things are quiet, expect to help out on their station outside of Longreach. All the guys I have been in contact with have really enjoyed working for them!

ForkTailedDrKiller
22nd Apr 2012, 04:26
What she said +1 ! :ok:

Dr :8

Desert Duck
22nd Apr 2012, 05:01
A very tidy operation -
I know a couple of pilots who have worked for them - nothing but praise.

sharpie_29
22nd Apr 2012, 06:09
:ok: Thats all good news, im heading up there in a few weeks... Im not what you would call a stationhand though, ive never been on a farm in my life!

blackhand
22nd Apr 2012, 06:43
Watch out Sharpie if you get invited to a bar b que

sharpie_29
23rd Apr 2012, 00:28
haha blackhand, how come?

bushpig
23rd Apr 2012, 01:04
Longreach is a terrific place. Arguably the best bakery and snack/coffee shop in Western Qld on the main street. The Stockmans Hall of fame is really worth several looks not just one. Many other things. Maybe I'll move there myself. It's a little bit far from the beach but you can't have everything.

Zilberfish
23rd Apr 2012, 03:01
bushpig:

Arguably the best bakery and snack/coffee shop in Western Qld on the main street.

You had me at bakery.

Super Cecil
23rd Apr 2012, 06:41
You had me at bakery. :eek:
I'm all for public display's of affection but bit public isn't it? :8

Checkboard
23rd Apr 2012, 09:35
Merino Bakery in Longreach, Australia - Lonely Planet (http://www.lonelyplanet.com/australia/queensland/longreach/restaurants/bakery/merino-bakery)

Merino Bakery - ranked #9 of "things to do in Longreach" by Lonely Planet :ok:

Pilotette
23rd Apr 2012, 10:23
I'll be flying some folks in to compete in the Bronco Branding champs in a couple of weeks, always look forward to the bakery! :ok:

Jabawocky
23rd Apr 2012, 12:40
Girly pilot, sounds like a hoot. When is that on?

185skywagon
24th Apr 2012, 00:01
You still coming to nindigully for our last gig, Jaba?

tail wheel
24th Apr 2012, 01:47
".....always look forward to the bakery!"

I was in that bakery last week. Still very popular, very busy, but for some reason doesn't quite seem to be the quality and value it was. Ditto the restaurant at the Hall of Fame; lost their chef, now paying five star prices for three star meals. Longreach Motor Inn seems to have the best restaurant at present.

Long association with the west, had many interesting evenings entertainment. I still remember the memorable hang over from the night the B742 landed, two PPRuNe Mods talking unintelligent gibberish at the Welcome Home Bar with two FOIs from the Evil Empire, until some unearthly hour in the morning....... :{

When are you at the Nindigully - just so I know when to keep clear..... :}

185skywagon
24th Apr 2012, 02:44
Friday night, taily. Last Ned and the Kelly's gig. We are in the angel flight trailblazers rally.
TK, JPY etc, will be there also.

Jabawocky
24th Apr 2012, 05:19
would like to.......... this week is rather hectic.......not looking good so far :sad:

Ned and the Kellys
joW7hsw9laU&feature=player_embedded

ZiDDsVPkjQg&feature=player_embedded

Pilotette
24th Apr 2012, 09:00
Birdsville for lunch on the 4th May, Longreach for the night of the 4th & 5th then home on the 6th! Quick trip, just enough to keep them outta too much trouble! Yeah right :ok:

Jabawocky
24th Apr 2012, 09:26
Too much work to do....not enough $$$ to be retired.:(

tail wheel
24th Apr 2012, 10:36
Last Ned and the Kelly's gig.

That is surprising considering an aspiring but unemployed politician was whinging to me only a week ago that he is now unemployed!!

And talking of politicians, another claims that since his new engine was installed he now has the quickest Mooney in Australia!