PDA

View Full Version : Wife working in UAE

Intheclouds
21st Apr 2012, 09:18
Hi all,
I have a question if anyone has any experience on. I am thinking of a move to Emirates and trying to find out what the situation is regarding wives working.
My wife works for a UK company that will allow her to base herself in Dubai (ie based from our emirates home). What visas would she need and is this possible?
Cheers

Easy Ryder
21st Apr 2012, 09:41
Emirates will sponsor you, and you will sponsor your wife (to reside in UAE). So should be absolutely painless for her to start work here.

Intheclouds
21st Apr 2012, 19:36
Thanks Easy, as for sponsoring my wife to allow her to work, would that be a one off thing or would it be reviewed periodically?

Easy Ryder
21st Apr 2012, 22:06
Emirates does all the work for you. Visas expire after 3 years (both yours & hers).

helen-damnation
23rd Apr 2012, 18:53
Be aware her visa will say "not allowed to work" or similar. I asked about it & was told that it's standard issue, ignore it :ooh:

Avid Aviator
24th Apr 2012, 06:44
You sponsor her as a resident when she comes to UAE.
When she gains employment, her employer sponsors her as a working resident, same as EK etc do for you.
No problem if she can find the right job.
As a resident, (sponsored by you) she will get preference for a position over a non-resident (i.e. expat).