PDA

View Full Version : Best flying school in perth

murad009pk
20th Apr 2012, 18:59
Hello Guys,
I am from Pakistan an Electronic Engineer but I am currently living in Langkawi Malaysia. I have enrol myself to HM Aerospace till ATPL, but right now i have completed my PPL ground studies and doing my PPL flying but right after I spent few days in Ground school I found that most of the instructors were very racist especially the CGI and for no matter the keep on pointing me I was the most well dressed cadet over there and the best group leader even then they gave me B for my leadership and Dressing , The accommodation really sucks , the toilet sometimes have no water , every morning you have to go to the parade like we have in military schools , u can not have any beard , any hairstyle ,no one picks up the garbage. In flying Phase the AFI's and FI's were very unprofessional I feels like that I am a student of a primary school and some of them r jealous that I am an Engr coz i am the only one over-there and sometimes they insult me in front of the whole batch for no reason.
But after tht I have decided tht I will just do my PPL from here and will move to Perth coz my family iz relocating to Perth AUS , so guys can u give me the advice tht which iz a good and professional flying school in Perth from where I can complete my CPL MEIR and ATPL and if possible get my MCC.
I will be very thank full to you guys for helping me out .

DX Wombat
20th Apr 2012, 20:05
Murad, do you mean Perth in Scotland or Perth in Western Australia?

dreamagicz
21st Apr 2012, 02:06
IMHO RACWA:ok:

schweizer2
21st Apr 2012, 06:05
how one can recommend RACWA is beyond me.....

Unless im missing out on some sarcasm :}

mad_jock
21st Apr 2012, 08:44
Its either that or the poster is another instructor on the field, and unfortaunately the OP has got his card marked with all of them and any school he does go to the rest will be taking the piss and find it hilarious.

This next stuff is quite hard for me to write without also coming over as a racist both against aussies and the OP.

There is a thing in aviation which is actually a very real well known about problem, called cultural differences. Even within Europe there are differences between Brits, French, German, and Scandinavians which effect the way we relate to others. And some brits have issues with aussies as well, usually the ones without a sense of humour.

What you see as attentive, studious and productive behaviour (which has stood you in good stead in the past) may not be seen as that by others. It may be seen as your a complete pain in the arse, a very high maintence student and as such a problem student.

Folk in pilot training tend not to be interested in your previous qualifications or back ground. Alot of them arn't university educated and don't like that fact rubbed in there faces. Training you are in, the here and now, not in the past, don't meantion your education or better ways of doing things that you can see. Also as well as an engineer there is alot of rubbish taught to pilots about the way things work. The principles have been simplified down to a point that they are a refection of what actually happens. To an engineer is quite annoying when things are so obviously wrong, but your instructors will truely believe that they are right and it doesn't win you any favours if you prove they are wrong.

Respect I presume in your culture is quite important. Some would say that aussies don't respect themselves never mind anyone else. Or the manner that they give respect is different to what your used to.

And then there may be the fact that your not cut out to be a pilot. High intelligence is not require to be a pilot and although there are some very intelligent people in the industry you can be a pilot with only basic high school (aged 16) education. And intelligence is certainly not an indicator of the hand, foot, eye coordination that you need to have.

And then again they might be rascist pigs.

My advice would be move away from Perth because unfortunately you have history there. Before you even talk about going commercial have a flight check with someone and see if you actually have what it takes.

Please take what I have said in the spirt that I want to help you with advice, I am not wanting to disrespect either yourself or your culture. I am a commercial pilot who previously used to be an instructor who has worked internationally in lots of different cultures.

murad009pk
21st Apr 2012, 10:26
thanks mad_jock for your advice all i was saying that why do this profession have the racist worms , In aviation if we have cultural differences we need to end it or if we become racist so who will fly the passengers safely to their destinations , coz in aviation we must be trained to work in multi cultural environment with no racism our main priority should be to fly safely to our destinations .

So which school will you prefer in Perth Australia .

mad_jock
21st Apr 2012, 11:09
I really don't have a clue about aussie schools.

But keep in mind that the problem maybe with yourself and your expectations.

It may not be racism, it could be your attitude and the way you interact with the locals that might be causing the issues. Cultural differences take both parties to compromise its not all oneway. Somethings that would never happen at home you just have to put up with and keep quiet about. Other things you shouldn't. But as the visitor the onus is on you to fit with the locals not the other way round.

You might also to put it buntly not be of commercial pilot material.

Alot of complaints come on here and we only hear one side of the story.

Having been in the situation of instructing someone who is highly intelligent but just didn't get "flying" or the hand foot coordination to take it to a commercial level. Its very hard to get this fact across to someone who has set thier life goal to be a pilot.

Some schools are just plain nasty to these students until they go somewhere else and become someone elses problem.

Please understand I am not taking sides I can just see what might have happened from the schools point of view.

Not that I am saying that being horrible so the student leaves is the correct way of dealing with the situation.

murad009pk
21st Apr 2012, 11:26
Dear mad_jock I will tell you tht I am the best in my batch I got 100% in all ppl subjects and even my flying records r also the best in my whole batch in Grading I always get A and who iz able to answer every dam single question asked by the instructor , The CFI and CI r the best, but the AFI's and CGI r very unprofessional and do the backbiting
Wht do u say tht pointing out jus me and saying to other FI's tht this iz the worst student and destroying my image in front of the CFI and CI.

redelect
21st Apr 2012, 11:32
try air australia

mad_jock
21st Apr 2012, 11:34
You need to talk to the CFI then and tell him whats going on.

And if you leave write a letter to the owners of the school telling them the reasons why you are leaving.

CFI's and owners don't put up with loosing money because of flying instructors.

DX Wombat
21st Apr 2012, 15:31
Murad, I flew with Minovation (http://www.minovation.com/) for a couple of lessons when I was out there. It's a great little school with professional, career Instructors who can take you through your PPl and CPL. Have a look at their website then contact Min the CFI who will be happy to try to help you.
You should also do as M-J says and let your present school know what is happening.

murad009pk
21st Apr 2012, 19:39
DX Wombat thanks does Minovation have the multi engine AC coz I want to do my CPL and get the Muliti engine endorsement and intrumental rating.
Yes I will do wht MJ have told me thanks a lot for the advice brother

mad_jock
21st Apr 2012, 19:54
Cultural differences mate, I haven't told you to do anything I have advised you that my personal opinion is that you should do a certain thing ;)

Good luck though :ok: