PDA

View Full Version : Paint systems?

Sunfish
18th Apr 2012, 21:39
Anyone know some place in Melbourne that has BMS 10 -11 type epoxy primer for sale?

Aircraft supply stores seem to be few and far between and not have much stock apart from standard American consumables.

Alodine. I can find

havick
18th Apr 2012, 22:28
Have you tried Aviall?

john_tullamarine
18th Apr 2012, 22:52
You might try PPG - I would be surprised if they don't have some items.

VH-XXX
18th Apr 2012, 23:24
Don't go overboard with the primer Sunny when you do get going. Two identical aircraft recently finished came up 20kgs different, ( guess they weren't identical eh ), with the only difference being primer / anti corrosion treatment on the inside.

Andy_RR
19th Apr 2012, 00:41
If you want to share my tin, Sunny, PM me. I got 4L of PPG, but I don't use it that fast. PPG won't sell you less from what I remember. Am Melbourne based.

PS: I'd recommend against buying Alodine - it's a bit of a toxic mess and buying it is the easy part. Disposing of it is somewhat tricky. If you want to Alodine, I'd recommend talking with the guys at Collins Anodic in Blackburn - it will cost you a little, but save you a lot of time and messing about with nasty chemicals.

Jack Ranga
19th Apr 2012, 00:53
PPG, Tullamarine. About $330. Be prepared to wait on premises on pick up for an hour or so while your details are submitted to ASIO, CIA, FBI, Fed Pol, Vic Pol, the AFL (They have more power than anyone in Victoria) The federal and state government.

It comes about because it appears that aeroplanes that were used in the 9/11 attacks were (shock/horror :ooh:) primed before they were painted.

Good luck!