PDA

View Full Version : i fly jobs - low hour jobs apparently!

Bigstrongd
18th Apr 2012, 17:25
Has anyone downloaded this app? Or is it just another sham by another leech trying to make money out of guys who are trying their best to get into the industry?

iFly Low Hour Pilot Jobs (http://www.iflylowhour.com/)

I've been through pages of jobs on their normal website, and not one of them is for newly qualified MEIR holders. And I'm not willing to fork out the 99c it costs to download the app and find out - I'm way to skeptical for that.

Anyone any experience of these guys, or heard of anyone getting a job?

530 hours on a B350
18th Apr 2012, 20:08
99c? I saw £16.99 on the weekly email that I receive from "Lucy".

I am not so sure about this. A "free preview" might tempt me to download a 99c app; but I'm not tempted to spend £16.99 on a completely unknown entity.

SAS-A321
19th Apr 2012, 05:45
They advertised almost 900 low hour pilot jobs around the world. I wonder how thousands of low houred pilots could miss those jobs?
IMHO it is a cheap sales trick to lure hopeful young pilots to buy the app. :yuk:
This app is specifically desgined for low hour Pilots and has almost 900 low hour pilot job listings throughout the World. It costs €19.99 to download (once off payment)

TRY2FLY
19th Apr 2012, 09:24
I think the same, they're trying to rape the new guys. Why should they have to pay and their other (experienced) app is free

Burger81
19th Apr 2012, 12:12
Sigma Aviation Services
37 Fitzwilliam Place
Dublin 2
Ireland

Not sure how relevant this is, but he may have the contacts. I don't believe there is 900 low hour jobs out there though. And as previously said, why try and R*pe low timers by charging £16.99 when the other one is free.

Bigstrongd
19th Apr 2012, 17:56
I stand corrected, the link I got says €19.99 alright.

I agree with all on here, I'd love to see even 10 of those "900" low hour jobs they claim to have available.

NikB
19th Apr 2012, 23:01
Have you guys seen Lucy?yummo! :p :}

mr.bee
20th Apr 2012, 10:04
In my opinion this app amounts to little more than exploitation. iFlyJobs appear to be purposely targeting individuals desperate for their first job.

For a relatively basic mobile application it is unnecessarily expensive. Regardless of how they might defend it, the cost to spec, develop, test and roll-out an iPhone/Android app similar to this are not astronomical.

A genuine recruiter should be able to recoup these costs via a cut from successful applicants. A cynic might suggest that by charging so much for an app, they are in effect admitting a lack of confidence in achieving any real return via traditional client fees. If the agency doesn't hold much hope of their candidates gaining employment, what does this say to you? The bottom line is that this breaks the golden rule - a recruiter should be paid for by their client, not by the job-seeker.

'Lucy' is probably a man, and should this take off he'll be set to be a far wealthier one too. Personally, I'd avoid it like the plague.

BigNumber
6th May 2012, 20:56
Am I missing something?

This service is superb.... people are already getting jobs and starting fully funded type ratings. FACT

Flug
26th Jul 2012, 15:28
I can confirm the app to be a rip off. In a moment of careless prosperity, I downloaded the app. :sad:
So far NONE of the jobs have existed. One employer asked where I got the info since the job had gone over 6 months previously.
Looks to me like Colm finds these jobs in the same places we all look too. Much of the info is out of date.
It also appears they have no aviation knowledge at all since the best laugh I've had was the F-16 instructor job.

I have emailed for a refund and will let you know how I get on.

DO NOT DOWNLOAD THE APP

gordonquinn
27th Jul 2012, 13:24
"F-16 instructor"

http://thumbs.newschoolers.com/index.php?src=http://media.newschoolers.com/uploads/images/17/00/44/22/01/442201.png&size=600x564

boeingbus2002
29th Jul 2012, 09:55
What was the locations of jobs?
Did they require payment for ratings etc?

Luke SkyToddler
29th Jul 2012, 15:19
It's a load of crap man ... I've never had anything to do with iflyjobs in my life let alone downloaded their app but my inbox seems to get spam from them every other day, don't know where they got my contact details from at all, I'm not even looking for a job