PDA

View Full Version : Gmail Changes

ATNotts
17th Apr 2012, 18:20
This week Gmail has made another update, the result of which is that it now takes ages to scroll down a mail.

The system suggests that I am using IE8 in compatibility mode for Google.com, but I'm not.

The "help" tab suggests I delete temporary internet files, but that's not fixed it.

Has anyone else experienced this problem, or does anyone have any idea on how to resolve it because it's driving me barmy!

Milo Minderbinder
17th Apr 2012, 18:49
Best answer is to turn on POP & IMAP in the settings, and then use Live Mail or another IMAP client rather than webmail

aditya104
17th Apr 2012, 19:09
Try Mailstore Home (www.mailstore.com/en/mailstore-home.aspx). You can also make a backup of all emails with it.

vulcanised
17th Apr 2012, 19:44
I use an old version (10 I think) of Opera with gmail and the only thing I have noticed is that it sometimes takes a while to load the index page.

Other than that, all appears normal.

Loose rivets
19th Apr 2012, 03:09
It's changed. Oh, 'kin 'ell. Why can't they leave it alone? It worked. I'd got used to the differences from Yahoo. I could delete the (almost nil) spams with ease. Now it's just another piece of software I just don't have time to pander to.

TZ350
19th Apr 2012, 13:45
Touch wood , mine is unchanged and still functions the same. I'm on FF 3.6 something
and Windows 7. The account is from 2006.

rgbrock1
19th Apr 2012, 19:34
That's odd because I used Gmail regularly on both Firefox and Chromium and have seen nothing different at all.

Milo Minderbinder
20th Apr 2012, 00:22
This change has been flagged up for months and most people were changed ages ago. Its only those who manually reverted to the old version who have finally been forced to change in the last few days
I've a feeling the last few may have been changed across last night - when GMail crashed and 20% of users lost the service for several hours
I've noticed that mine changed to the new version and the option to set it back is now missing

The change is independent of browser

Loose rivets
20th Apr 2012, 00:29
Its only those who manually reverted to the old version who have finally been forced to change in the last few days

Ah, but even so, I just refused to change, not change back per se.

The first clue for me was a great big ugly red COMPOSE button. Disgusting thing. Looks like something form a machine to do with the urinary tract.

Milo Minderbinder
20th Apr 2012, 00:33
yep, thats the new version
I hate it

I think you misunderstood what I was saying - most have already changed weeks ago as Google sneaked it in unannounced, Those complaining now are probably those who resisted the change and tried to put it off