PDA

View Full Version : Rumour:CASA investigates CNS Engineers for leaked exams

happy clapper
16th Apr 2012, 01:43
Apparently a few of the QF Snr Engineers who have recently completed Avionic Fundamental Training have been asked by CASA if they know anything about a set of "GEMS" going around.
This may explain how some who are, lets say "not the sharpest tool in the shed"
passed with flying colours:=
Anbody have any info

:ok: TBM

gobbledock
16th Apr 2012, 02:04
Surely not? That might indicate malfeasance?
Quick quick, have it investigated internally by the inernal tribunal which reports internally to itself!!!

"not the sharpest tool in the shed" Are we talking FNQ industry or CASA FNQ?

Langkasuka
16th Apr 2012, 06:37
Tip of the iceberg? Adventures and miracles in the tool shed ? Well how about in the engine rooms at the pointy ends.

Rumour went around in the sandpit that after the 89 debacle down under, many first officers ventured into Africa and Kuwait only to miraculously turned up as wide body captains in Korean Air a few years later.

Capt Fathom
16th Apr 2012, 07:10
Sandpit, 89, first officers, Africa, Kuwait, captains and Korean Air.

and

Rumour of leaked exams in Avionics Training in Cairns.

O yes. I see the connection now....:uhoh:

TBM-Legend
16th Apr 2012, 10:44
Avionic Fundamentle Training

Hopefully they passed the spelling test!

Greedy
16th Apr 2012, 22:21
I would guess that this sort of thing is endemic across many industries.
I recall many courses I have attended where the instructor uses the "if I knock on the table pay particular attention to what I'm saying" technique of instruction. I have used it myself. Is it wrong ? Trainees who want to pass will listen and later recall the material. Result achieved.
Is it then such a big jump to "gems" being passed around ? If they are not exact copies of the exam question have they not then achieved the instructional goal ?
I must admit I am playing the devil's advocate a little because such situations do make me feel a little uncomfortable so I hope this provokes some good discussion .

ampclamp
16th Apr 2012, 22:35
There's a big difference to people collecting a set of gems from prior exams to leaking of or stealing exams/answers yet to happen. If there are gems being passed around and being used I think the problem is that the bank of questions maybe needs looking at.

waren9
16th Apr 2012, 23:04
There's a big difference to people collecting a set of gems from prior exams to leaking of or stealing exams/answers yet to happenSome pilots pass around some fairly detailed accounts of their sim checks that end up being pretty close to verbatim summaries for those who do their checks later on in that cyclic period.

Happens in all walks.

Wally Mk2
17th Apr 2012, 00:01
In fact we have all being 'given' the exact answers to any exam question we have done throughout our whole lives when we study the relevant subject, it's just that they are buried amongst all the other stuff we don't encounter on the day of an exam:ok:
The 'knock' on the desk theory is just another form of highlighting a particular paragraph with a highlighter:-)

Wmk2

kinteafrokunta
17th Apr 2012, 00:05
Oh oh, it sure is a foggy morning when the captain CAN'T fathom the connection........fog of " loss of face "? Fog of " possible guilt "?

sniggiH
19th Apr 2012, 02:17
I am astounded that CASA has the gall to come to my station to investigate my business!

If there were any gems and i'm not admitting there was, i wouldn't have been sloppy enough to let anyone else know about them ( other than the core group).

I don't like to lay blame but it must have been one of four people, my subordinate notseW, BB,the drinker,or reardoor! These are the only other ones that i have given B1 training too and they would all require assistance to pass the course.

Hopefully my mate Gavin has enough pull with CASA to be able to get out his big broom (that he has used so frequently up here in Cairns for me) and make this all go away.

When i find out Who dobbed us in i will make sure i get square with them, i have perfected my various techniques of victimisation and harassment over the years.

Its not all bad though because i can distance myself from all this with my Brisbane ops MGR position.

Just a word of warning to all you Brisbane engineers(i know many of you read this forum), I am coming down an don't be under any illusions, I will be running the show and there is a core group of international guys that i will be breaking up,(as i did in Cairns).

Don't step out of line i will make you pay,when i was doing this job a few years ago that was just the tip of the iceberg, be warned!!!!!!!!

pull-up-terrain
19th Apr 2012, 05:59
Apparently a few of the QF Snr Engineers who have recently completed Avionic Fundamental Training have been asked by CASA if they know anything about a set of "GEMS" going around.
This may explain how some who are, lets say "not the sharpest tool in the shed"
passed with flying colours:=
Anbody have any info

http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/thumbs.gif TBM
Lol, I have a lot of info on this, you will have to pay me if you want to find out :ok:

Happens more often than you think....

Greedy
19th Apr 2012, 08:47
Thanks Slippery Pete,
Yet why is this method so common. I experienced it during trade training in the RAAF, recurrent flight crew training in an airline and a few other places too. I can't recall at the moment.( I should have knocked).
The method does not reward those with a deep understanding of the material and if being used for employment screening or promotion gives those with lessor ability a unfair "leg up".
Greedy

aveng
20th Apr 2012, 02:54
gives those with lessor ability a unfair "leg up".

Like giving mechanical types electrical priveleges with only Mickey Mouse training.
Not saying all mech guys are unable to do elec stuff - but some are less than competent with mech stuff let alone a new trade.

Redstone
20th Apr 2012, 04:59
Just as there are cone heads out there you would not trust to plug in and turn on your tv, and still they want a B1.

The exams at Aviation Australia are computer based and timed. Maybe the Cns blokes hacked the server?

gobbledock
20th Apr 2012, 05:23
I heard a rumour that the boss of the new Training Center of Excrement at Fort Fumble has pulled the pin?
Are the holes aligning in the Swiss Training Model? Perhaps the FAA and ICAO have locked in another visit to take another look at the internal training processes and one of silverhaired pensioner Director's has hit the panic button?
Aagh yes, the fools can't manage a training facilty, no wonder regulatory reform has taken a quarter of a century! Incompetent ninnies. It is a complete comedy, almost as funny as watching The Minster slur and spit his way through a press release!

Tick tock

thorn bird
20th Apr 2012, 05:29
That cant be right??..I heard a rumour Aviation Australia was set up as a retirement job for ex little piggies so they could keep their snouts in the trough.

the rim
25th Apr 2012, 02:29
ooooohhhhh we are sh$ttin ourselves....where can we hide the big bad man from up north is comming to get us...ops mangers come and they go with not much change....the rim

frankthespanner
25th Apr 2012, 04:34
Exams have been passed on for years, Aviation Australia is a joke, don't get me started..