View Full Version : easy LPL-ORY/CDG?

Onan
1st Mar 2002, 00:35
Any veracity to the rumour that easyJet is soon to announce a Liverpool-Paris link? My information is that easyJet haven't decided which Paris airport to link with.

Buster the Bear
1st Mar 2002, 03:08
As I have said before, easy were given 3 return slots for Orly (To be operated by top Less) and 9 from CDG. They are deciding if they can make money from the latter.

Any news on the slot application for Brussels?

dwlpl
1st Mar 2002, 13:35
EasyJet will be basing another 737-700 in Liverpool from June this year. With this being the case, it is reported in the press, that easyJet WILL fly the Liverpool to Paris route.

My reading of the situation is that they, initially at least, will fly to Paris-CDG. Although they have they have requested slots at Paris-Orly, and have been refused the number that they had wanted, the airline will use CDG to get the route underway. When, and if, slots become available at Orly the decision to route all of its Paris flights through that airport will then be made.

In addition to the Liverpool to Paris route there will be increased frequencies on other Liverpool routes together with a another possible new easyJet destination. :)

FlapsOne
1st Mar 2002, 18:05
The very bottom line to the deliberations will be "How quickly can you turn round a 737 at CDG?"

EZY aims for 2o mins at EDI,BFS and the like, 30-40 mins at NCE,BCN and so on.

Less than an hour at CDG will be a Bl00dy miracle!!!!

dwlpl
1st Mar 2002, 19:42
The reason for NOT flying into Paris-CDG because it cannot deliver quick turnround times is a bit misleading. For example, BA 737's are scheduled to have anywhere between 35mins and 50mins turnround times at Paris-CDG.

On the European mainland easyJet 737's turnround times vary from 30mins up to 55mins

ghost-rider
8th Mar 2002, 14:57
dwlpl - BA etc just increase their block-times on the flights from CDG to cover xtra turnround times. . .. .So if a flight is late on the turn, it stil stands a chance of getting to LHR or wherever as they've factored in extra 'paper' flight-time.. . . . <small>[ 08 March 2002, 11:02: Message edited by: ghost-rider ]</small>