PDA

View Full Version : Icao/jaa SIC type on the FAA Licence.

Bubair
13th Apr 2012, 12:40
Has anybody done this procedure recently?

I called today the FLL Fsdo and been told that is not possible to get a SIC type rating on the FAA licence based from a type on a Icao /Jaa licence....

Would really like to know is someone has managed to add the SIC type recently...thanks.

Boomerang1
13th Apr 2012, 13:15
I suggest that you read FAR 61.55. Note that you can get an SIC type rating for an aircraft you have never flown if you follow the rule. It tells you that you need to have a Type rated pilot sign that you have studied all the relevant topics and he must also sign your rating application. If you tell the FAA that you will only ferry an aircraft there is no requirement for any Takeoffs or Landings in Sim or Aircraft. Once you have the type on your license there is no added restriction.

Easiest type rating the FAA has ever given. It is all about having the proper documents to present.

Bubair
13th Apr 2012, 13:46
Hi Boomerang,

Thanks for your reply.
I have read far 61.55 and spoke on the phone with a young inspector of the FLL fsdo: she says that the required training has to be done according to far 91....and apparently training done , on the icao/jaa license, overseas is not acceptable....

I have read posts from 2008 of people able to get the SIC type on the licence based on overses training.....:confused:

Is this still possible?