PDA

View Full Version : CX simulator instructor.

FulhamFC
13th Apr 2012, 03:40
Without boring you all to death with the details, I have an ongoing medical issue, which may prove to be disqualifying in the near future. Looking forward to my options thereafter, if unable to fly, I would really like to become a simulator instructor. My question is, do CX employ expat sim instructors? And if so, what are the experience requirements? Are the terms liveable in Hong Kong? I am currently a B737 training captain, 34 years old.

Cpt. Underpants
13th Apr 2012, 03:50
Fulham

Yes, Cathay do employ expat sim instructors. Very few are local, or even ethnic Chinese - I don't think it's a policy thing, just demographics.

The salary is very competitive, surpassing the "icadet" insult by a healthy margin, and is very livable.

Judging by your brief bio, you more than meet the requirements. We have an ex Shorts 360 F/O and a very low time A320 F/O "instructing" on the 777 sim, for crying out loud!

Please apply!

SMOC
13th Apr 2012, 06:36
Yes a sim instructor with CX is a good gig they are on more than locally employed captains.

SMOC
20th Apr 2012, 07:35
Is CX phasing out expat packages for good? What CX jobs are left that offer expat terms?

Expat terms have been gone since the 1st of April 2010 (financial year) sim instructors and engineers contracts are now local conditions with an "allowance", the allowance is negotiated every contract renewal and is considerably lower than expat terms plus on a higher tax rate than housing was.

uspilot
20th Apr 2012, 14:22
It is still there under Ground Positions....The only thing that has been removed is the pay...

Cathay Pacific - Careers : Careers Home (http://www.cathaypacific.com/cpa/en_INTL/385c6facfd3d4110VgnVCM10000010d21c39RCRD)

hawkerjet
7th May 2012, 11:01
How does a sim instructor interview go? Is it much different from a pilot interview at Cathay? I figured they would have plenty of ex Cathay pilots to run the sims.:confused: