PDA

View Full Version : EK disount or ZED with FlyDubai

a747jb
10th Apr 2012, 19:09
Hi Guys,

Does anyone know if we get a discount of any sort or can buy Zed fares with FlyDubai? I can't find anything anywhere. If anyone knows if 1. we have an agreement and 2. where we go to apply for it, could you please let me know. Thanks guys!

GoreTex
11th Apr 2012, 06:00
dude, its so cheap, just get a full fare, otherwise you get bumped off anyway

Dropp the Pilot
11th Apr 2012, 07:28
If you think they are cheap, have a look at Arabia.

a747jb
11th Apr 2012, 09:42
lol, thats what I thought too, and it seems that for every city except the one I want to go to it is cheap, but if you have interest in going to Ashgabat, its pretty darn expensive! Before you all ask why, I'm trying to go on a 3 day off road adventure, thats why I'm crazy enough to go there, lol. Thanks anyways

FZckntkawrap
11th Apr 2012, 10:38
The staff travel at flydubai is a joke, even for the FZ guys. If you are lucky enough to be able to book the staff fare, it might be half what a full fare passenger is paying. However, the company still charges employees for all the "optional extras" like checked bags, seat assignments, and if you pay with a credit card they hit you with a 15 AED transaction fee. LUV LOW FARES:ok:

bidabon
12th Apr 2012, 05:44
Hi,

I actually asked the staff travel about it, and they replied officially we have zippo, nada, zero, nothing....

:uhoh::uhoh:
Hello yesterday !

Yarra
12th Apr 2012, 15:49
FZ staff get EK concessions although not as generous as EK staff have access to. The reverse is not in place.

As far as I am aware, FZ are not a member of IATA and that was the reason wheeled out that industry rates were not available when they first started ops......

LCC ? when it suits.. on routes they have exclusivity on, they charge like wounded bulls...2 weeks ago 2700 dhs DXB-EBL....one way....

Elephant flyer
16th Apr 2012, 09:35
FZ staff get EK concessions although not as generous as EK staff have access to. The reverse is not in place.
Even FZ Staff get a rubbish rate. No staff discounted ID travel just the cheapest rate offered for the fare.
Rubbish along with the rest of the deal

Old King Coal
16th Apr 2012, 13:15
Well I had an idea to take my wife on a +24 hour layover with me to Dhaka / Bangladesh - so she too could experience the 'glamour' of the place ! ;)

So I looked at the cost of a FZ 'staff ticket' (which turned out to be 1,080 Dhs / approximately $295 USD) which, relative to the normal / full-fare pax ticket, makes it roughly equivalent to an ID50 ticket.

This, plus plenty of BS wrt obtaining her a Bangladeshi Tourist Visa, resulted in us deciding not to bother.

Unfortunately, gone are the days of just popping the Mrs / Mistress / Kids / etc on the jump seat(s) and / or doing so for free! :ugh:

Guy D'ageradar
16th Apr 2012, 14:55
I would love to say that I feel your pain but given the measly 8% discount that your lot give to ATC, I won't bother! :*

ualgrizz
16th Apr 2012, 15:33
Dude:

I am not one to comment on this board but have to give my 2 schillings worth (you guys still have schillings right?)...my god man don't take your wife there. First, look at the cliental in the back...they $hit on the floor. Second, I caught some bug in Dhaka that made me ill for a week. Third, I guess if you are pi$$ed at her it might not be such a bad idea?

Grizz

Elephant flyer
18th Apr 2012, 11:00
Taking your wife on a night stop with FZ means Dhaka or Chittagong - they're the only options!!!!!

Ualgrizz - your comment still applies "First, look at the cliental in the back...they **** on the floor."

- Enough said ;)

Elephant flyer
18th Apr 2012, 11:05
Company email out today further eroding staff travel, if you need to re-list yourself, "The Emirates Staff Travel Call Centre is no longer available to flydubai staff."

Now FZ staff must email the Staff Travel Office - timings are from 07:00 am to 14:00 pm from SUN to THU. Really useful when you've been bumped from a flight and need to re-book 8pm on a Friday.

Thanks FZ - just gets worse :{