PDA

View Full Version : 3D-NIK DOWN?

kibz2005
10th Apr 2012, 15:19
So apparently the rumour going round is that 3D-NIK, the Let 410 parked at Nairobi, Wilson for ages has gone down in Bangui,Central African Republic. Is there anybody who can give some actual insight on the matter seeing as news reports from that part of the world are proving difficult to find :confused:

Hawkeye0001
10th Apr 2012, 22:26
The last time I've seen 3D-NIK was at Arusha Airport, TZ. It stood around here for the longest time since it couldn't legally be flown out anymore (some trouble with the 3D-reg). It was bought by someone from South America (?) late July last year and was gone ever since August. I haven't seen Nick himself around in ages, though, too.
Where did you hear the rumour?

kibz2005
11th Apr 2012, 10:17
well i just got an update. Got the initial info from the CMC maintenance base at HKNW. Story was it crashed on take off from Bangui. The update now is that it was enroute to accra but had an infight emergency and diverted to a small airfield in equatorial guinea. Crashed on landing and it has been written off but both crew members are ok (thank heavens!). But once again, this is all word of mouth and some official info would be nice. Always a worry hearing about planes going down in the motherland :(

Mega flow
12th Apr 2012, 20:20
Hi guys,talking Let 410,I used to fly them in Zimbabwe and I am wondering if anyone has news of a Pilot by the name of Stan Zemlica who flew with me there.Sorry to hear about the crash of 3D-NIK.pleased to hear the crew are ok

perceval
14th Apr 2012, 14:36
First hand infos : Aircraft left Bangui after fitting the Ferry Tank and getting a new 'copilot' . The Original CoJo had to head back home apparently due to family issue ( or maybe foresight !) . We then heard that the Aircraft had to make an emergency landing somewhere in the Forest of Equatorial Guinea , maybe on a small road , and that the crew was safe . They were on their way to Argentina ....
Stan is in Kisangani at the Moment ( Red Cross contract ) .
:uhoh: