PDA

View Full Version : A320 Type Rating

nacho_rc91
9th Apr 2012, 18:30
Hi guys!

I am a spanish guy with UK CAA license from FTE Jerez.

I got a job with Vueling two months ago and I am in the middle of the course, about to start Sim training.
I tried to contact CAA quite a few times in order to get the information to do the paperwork. The TRTO is spanish and it has never had a student with british license.

So far, I found out two forms. SRG 1119 and SRG 1158 and the 1187 for license issuing fees.

Can anybody help me and give some useful information? I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

Best regards.

justasmallfire
9th Apr 2012, 18:44
Its fairly simple(although a rip off) fill in the forms you have with the details of the company you wish to work for,(include their email address) include your payment
which used to be about 42 GBP(phone them for latest charge).then send off,allow a week or so then tell your company to email the UK CAA (web address on form) from email you gave on form and the CAA will send them email saying yes you have a licence.You yourself will get nothing for your money.
Good luck on new job.

nacho_rc91
16th Apr 2012, 10:56
Thank you very much!

babotika
18th Apr 2012, 14:49
I don't think that's the answer the OP was looking for ;)

To get your rating issued you have to send SRG1119 along with the examiner's schedule (local one, no need for the UK version), TRTO's certificate, TRE's certificate and licence and a copy of the simulator's certificate to the CAA along with payment. A type rating costs in excess of £100 last time I checked.

Easiest is to call the nice people at Personnel Licensing if you have a query, they are very helpful.